Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How annoying are some women who’ve had babies a long while ago so aren’t in the know about current health recommendations? My mom is doing my head in.

I said I’m gonna get a pregnancy pillow cause i keep waking up on my back. My mom said ‘what’s wrong with that?’ I explained. She said ‘sorry but I must’ve slept on my back loads when pregnant.’ Ok good for you but I’m sure lots of women also did and weren’t so lucky.

I also explained about baby needing to lie flat when sleeping so needing a flat pushchair and she was snooty about that. I’m gonna have to be strict on her when baby is born to make sure she’s following what I say should be done not what she thinks she knows best. I’m just glad my husband doesn’t see his parents so I don’t have MIL putting her 2 cents in as well. 🙄
Haha it doesn't get no better as the babies get older either, they give you so much crap advice 😂 and they also fill your child with all the food they shouldn't be eating 😂😂 gave my MIL strict instructions I don't mind him having a treat but he's not having a milky bar yog, a whole packet of crisps and chocolate in one day at 16 months. Please give him fruit 😭😭

Reactions: 4
I think people just have too much to say about what others do with the babies but honestly if it’s not your baby it’s not your problem/business 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Morning ladies, hope you're all keeping well. I'm 13+4 today and the hunger has kicked in, but it's purely for carbs! I have to force myself to eat fruit and veg because all I want is crisps, bread and any form of potato!! I really wanted to eat well during pregnancy but so far that's gone out the window!🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Reactions: 6
Indeed, so messy!
So true. If any of you ladies don’t have a dog, I recommend one as part of baby purchases 🤣 they clean up the weaning mess a treat! Sadly our great eating girl died last year, our other dog is much fussier so not sure how we will get on with weaning this time. I may have to tidy it up myself!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So true. If any of you ladies don’t have a dog, I recommend one as part of baby purchases 🤣 they clean up the weaning mess a treat! Sadly our great eating girl died last year, our other dog is much fussier so not sure how we will get on with weaning this time. I may have to tidy it up myself!
I've had such an aversion to our dog during this pregnancy. I feel so sorry for her, but the smell of her makes me sick to my stomach. She's not even that stinky, but this superhuman sense of smell is like a curse!

I've had such an aversion to our dog during this pregnancy. I feel so sorry for her, but the smell of her makes me sick to my stomach. She's not even that stinky, but this superhuman sense of smell is like a curse!

• Heart
Hahaha we have a dog and she will definitely come in useful when baby starts eating. Although she turns her nose up at veg so she won’t be much good at first.

Reactions: 3
So glad my mum will just let accept whatever I do as she told me my nan was very overbearing when I was born and it really upset her. Although my mum thinks 4d scans were really weird and look like aliens and my dad thinks finding out the gender is ruining the surprise! He also told me not to buy loads of tit I don’t need... which is hilarious because he is king of buying pointless things giant magnet anyone?

Ooh I assumed when it asked if your periods were irregular it somehow mattered when you ovulated, some calculators ask for conception date which I figured was the day we had sex closest to when I knew I ovulated. I track my periods so I know my dates and I think going by that makes me a week further along than the other way! So confusing!
Massive congratulations my cycles were so all over the place I had no idea how pregnant I actually was. I am 14 weeks now however my last period was 11th November and it was a very odd one at that. I had an early scan because I thought something may be wrong because literally years of no contraception and bam surprise! Really helped my worrying seeing the baby on the screen even if it did look like a tadpole x

Last edited:
  • Haha
Hi, looking for a second opinion. I got my coil out on 25th Jan, had a light period for 5 days following that. Not had a period since took a few pregnancy tests all have came back negative but this one today has a slight slight line.. can anyone else see that or am i just seeing what i want to see? Xxx

Attachments

Hi, looking for a second opinion. I got my coil out on 25th Jan, had a light period for 5 days following that. Not had a period since took a few pregnancy tests all have came back negative but this one today has a slight slight line.. can anyone else see that or am i just seeing what i want to see? Xxx
Possible line! I’d test again in 24-48h with first morning urine. First response early result are the most sensitive tests if it’s still unclear

Aw these sticks are so tricky lovely. Youre best off trying tbe clear blue digital that say pregnant or not pregnant. Much better for peace of mind

I see a faint line. Have you any more sensitive tests? If not, as said above retest in a day ortwo.

Reactions: 2
I found these were really bad for false lines or evaps. Pink dye ones are good like first response early result

Had an early scan today and the little nausea-causer is measuring ahead at 9 weeks with a strong heartbeat! Could even see it wiggle a bit! Still nauseous as duck :sick: :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think I can see the slightest line. Get the first response early ones (pink). I hated the clear blue ones. Good luck!

Thanks all i just done a 2nd test just to know i’m not going crazy and theres a slight line on that one too.. going to go get a digital on my lunch 😄 xx
Don't be disheartened if you get a "not pregnant" because they need a much higher amount of hcg than the early response ones. Seen that happen to a few people who actually turned out to be Pregnant!

Edited to add: I defo see lines on both though!

I’ve just had an online relaxation class via teams with my community midwife. It was so lovely to see other pregnant women and have a chat about how things are going. We had a chat about doing pelvic floor exercises, then just a general chat to find out how we all were, we then did the relaxation and breathing. Just before we finished we had a little quiz about our eating habits. The class is going to continue every Thursday until baby girl is here so I’m really excited for next week already! Makes you realise how we took things for granted pre covid. One of the girls on there is being induced on Monday and said she will pop on next week with her baby, the rest of us are due next month or May. I’m 29 weeks now and it really feels like the countdown is on 😁

Reactions: 7
The digital said I wasn't pregnant and I clearly was as I now have a six year old. 🤣
I'd always go for the pink ones first.

Thanks all i just done a 2nd test just to know i’m not going crazy and theres a slight line on that one too.. going to go get a digital on my lunch 😄 xx
I see them! But definitely agree that a pink dye test is much easier to read as I feel blue dyes run and harder to tell. Also digitals need a higher amount of hcg to read so it all depends on your cycle etc! I got a positive digital after missing my period for 1 day but I know everyone's different! Good luck! Xx

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.