Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been feeling wee flutters in my belly especially when I lie down at night, could be baby ,could be wind...who even knows at this stage 😂

Reactions: 8
Ahhh we were the same, I told him I thought he has PND and to go to the drs for help but he wouldn't, he would really struggle and randomly cry,

It's hard isn't it, I never heard of men having PND before getting pregnant everything is always based on the woman/child I do think there should be more awareness and groups for men as it must be hard especially if the woman is breastfeeding 🙈 my husband would just break down and cry it was awful, fingers crossed for both of us this time will be different for our partners🤞🤞🤞xx
Hopefully it'll be easier as they have the older ones to keep busy while we are with baby 🤞🏼 I hope it goes well for you! Shame he wouldn't go for help, but you know what to look out for. I'm sure things will be better this time round 💗

Did you ladies gain much weight in your first trimester? I’ve put on 2kg and my doctor commented on it this morning 😭 Is that too much? My diet has been pretty poor because of nausea and food aversions but I’m just panicking about the weight gain now.
I haven’t weighed myself but I definitely feel like I’ve put on weight and I’m 7 weeks. My stomach looks and feels really bloated and I think I’ve put weight on around my face. I’m the same as you - I’ve felt sick constantly for the past few weeks so have been eating a lot of toast/biscuits/sweets, just anything to stop me feeling nauseous.

I think for now though, the most important thing is to just eat what we can and not worry too much about the weight. Hopefully as the sickness wears off we can start to eat a bit healthier. Did the doctor say anything about it particularly or just mentioned it?

Reactions: 2
Baby’s okay. I’m 11+3 but baby is measuring 12+1! Tried to ask questions about what might be causing the bleeding and got no answers. Not gonna lie, the matron was quite dismissive, trying to get me gone. She checked my blood test and urine tests results and they didn’t show any sign of infection but she said ‘you are rhesus positive’ and I said ‘what does that mean?’ And she said ‘that you’re rhesus positive.’ I mean..

Anyway, just so thankful baby’s okay. Got my dating scan next week so I’ll get a lot more detail and info then hopefully.

Just wanna say you ladies are all amazing. Don’t know what I’d do without you all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Baby’s okay. I’m 11+3 but baby is measuring 12+1! Tried to ask questions about what might be causing the bleeding and got no answers. Not gonna lie, the matron was quite dismissive, trying to get me gone. She checked my blood test and urine tests results and they didn’t show any sign of infection but she said ‘you are rhesus positive’ and I said ‘what does that mean?’ And she said ‘that you’re rhesus positive.’ I mean..

Anyway, just so thankful baby’s okay. Got my dating scan next week so I’ll get a lot more detail and info then hopefully.

Just wanna say you ladies are all amazing. Don’t know what I’d do without you all xx
Wow she sounds helpful! But excellent news that baby is all ok 😊

Did you ladies gain much weight in your first trimester? I’ve put on 2kg and my doctor commented on it this morning 😭 Is that too much? My diet has been pretty poor because of nausea and food aversions but I’m just panicking about the weight gain now.
I don’t weigh myself when I’m pregnant because I think it’s inevitable that we gain weight during pregnancy and I don’t really want to deal with it until after the babies born 😂 I wouldn’t worry about it too much, you don’t want to go down the route of trying to diet and lose weight while you are pregnant

So glad everything okay!

Reactions: 1
2 kg is only like 4lb?! I don’t think that’s bad at all!! I wasn’t weighed until I had a booking appt at 12 weeks anyway. I don’t think women should be made to feel guilty for eating what they can in pregnancy, first trimester can be miserable!

Ah please try not to worry ❤ everyone is so different. I don’t think the UK has weight gain guidelines (maybe someone will correct me on that?) but I think they do in the US and on a couple of apps I have it is telling me the ‘recommended weight gain’ for 12 weeks is 1.9kg! So sounds about right?

I was also reading ‘expecting better’ and there was a bit about weight gain in it - according to it pre pregnancy weight is more important!

She sounds like a dick. Basically rhesus positive is a good thing as it means your baby won’t get rhesus disease and you don’t need to have anti-D injections in pregnancy.

Reactions: 4

Rhesus positive is normal.
It's only an issue when you're rhesus negative and the Dad is positive as it means the baby can be positive.
Which passes to you and your body creates antibodies. And I think it can cause issues with future pregnancies as your body will basically produce antibodies against the baby 🤔

Something like that anyway.
But rhesus positive is fine and not an issue

Reactions: 3

Ergh, why be like that! Was that your nurse? She can see that youve gone in due to something worrying. So sorry she wasnt particularly helpful. What a shame. So happy that youre 12+1, how exciting!
Ive been checking back waiting for your update 😊 xx

What does 11+3 mean? Am i right in thinking that generally speaking when we talk about pregnancy - we say weeks pregnant and then 2 for the additionally 2 weeks they add on? So im 8.5 weeks but technically 6.5+2? Only asking as alot of people say the + where i just say in total. Im probably doing it wrong 😝🙈

I could put this on after a hefty roast!! 🤣Dont let your doctor shame you x

Last edited:
Would ye go into a graveyard for a funeral?
Yes. I went to my uncle’s funeral in my first Trimester. Pregnant women aren’t at any more risk, the Gov don’t class us as a high risk group

Should have smacked the dr. What a dick.That doesn’t sound like much to me at all.

@Kitt so glad all is well x

What does 11+3 mean? Am i right in thinking that generally speaking when we talk about pregnancy - we say weeks pregnant and then 2 for the additionally 2 weeks they add on? So im 8.5 weeks but technically 6.5+2? Only asking as alot of people say the + where i just say in total. Im probably doing it wrong 😝🙈
11+3 means 11 weeks and 3 days. So I am 30+2, or 30 weeks and 2 days. So you can be 15 weeks, 15+1, 15+2 etc all the way to 15+6 then you change to 16 weeks.

The extra two weeks isn’t connected, but takes in to account the fact that they measure all gestations as if every woman has a 28day cycle and ovulates and conceived on day14. So technically it isn’t 30+2 weeks since i conceived (it’s 28+6 for me since conception).

Last edited:
Yes. I went to my uncle’s funeral in my first Trimester. Pregnant women aren’t at any more risk, the Gov don’t class us as a high risk group

Should have smacked the dr. What a dick.That doesn’t sound like much to me at all.

@Kitt so glad all is well x

11+3 means 11 weeks and 3 days. So I am 30+2, or 30 weeks and 2 days. So you can be 15 weeks, 15+1, 15+2 etc all the way to 15+6 then you change to 16 weeks.

The extra two weeks isn’t connected, but takes in to account the fact that they measure all gestations as if every woman has a 28day cycle and ovulates and conceived on day14. So technically it isn’t 30+2 weeks since i conceived (it’s 28+6 for me since conception).
Ohhhh this makes so much sense!! 😁 Maybe all the posts i read said +2 and i was finding it really confusing haha.
Im technically 8 weeks +4 then. 8 weeks is when my last period was but i conceived early jan (so i would be 6.2 from conception date) - but the sonographer measured me at 8+ weeks

Ive just been having a look online. I love how you can eat too much fruit when pregnant which could result in gestational diabetes yet you should also aim to have 5 portions a day. 5 portions is also a fair amount- pear, melon, banana, kiwi and apple. Mindfield

Ive just been having a look online. I love how you can eat too much fruit when pregnant which could result in gestational diabetes yet you should also aim to have 5 portions a day. 5 portions is also a fair amount- pear, melon, banana, kiwi and apple. Mindfield
FFS. Brilliant! I would highly recommend reading Expecting Better btw (I’ve just started it but am really enjoying it so far) it’s written by an economist on the data around pregnancy and how all these ‘rules’ have evolved. Really interesting!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.