Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow that's crazy, where abouts are you? I really wish I could have a home birth that would be amazing but I don't think I will be allowed one as I'm consultant led x
Northern Ireland. Your partner can stay with your after birth until you are moved to the ward, and then that’s it. I can’t imagine having to deal with that as a first time mum, it would be horrific. Luckily it isn’t my first rodeo so I’m not too concerned, although if anything goes wrong and I have to stay longer than a night I will be very unhappy indeed 😞 I am not 100% but I think a lot of home births here have been cancelled. I think I read that recently. We are under total lockdown until April still, so maybe that’s why.

Reactions: 1
Northern Ireland. Your partner can stay with your after birth until you are moved to the ward, and then that’s it. I can’t imagine having to deal with that as a first time mum, it would be horrific. Luckily it isn’t my first rodeo so I’m not too concerned, although if anything goes wrong and I have to stay longer than a night I will be very unhappy indeed 😞 I am not 100% but I think a lot of home births here have been cancelled. I think I read that recently. We are under total lockdown until April still, so maybe that’s why.
Yea I don’t think we’re allowed any visitors either. I’m a first time mum and I’m hoping I’m literally gonna be in and out

• Heart
Yea I don’t think we’re allowed any visitors either. I’m a first time mum and I’m hoping I’m literally gonna be in and out
I really do feel for a first time mum, it’s such a special time and I think families are being robbed of it 😞 my husband would probably only pop in for an hour or two, because of the other kids, but then usually my mum comes instead in his place so I still have someone. It’ll definitely be long and boring being alone 😬 I think we all just have to hope we are in and out, as you’ve said.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I am actually excited to get out of the house I feel really quite depressed at home on my own day in day out until my partner gets home. I miss going to the shops and I am looking forward to actually looking at baby things however I won’t be mixing with many people other than family and if I see friends it would be one on one. When we are allowed to. My partner had told me we won’t be going to pubs we don’t do that really mainly restaurants but he has said my friends will have to understand I don’t want to go to bottomless brunch and day time things where people could potentially crash into me or not follow the social distancing rules etc and round drunk people as they are less likely to follow rules. I am just going to see how it goes and I feel really missing people if I’m honest x

Reactions: 4
I feel the same as a lot of you. My parents have already said when we’re vaccinated we can’t wait to see you!! I’m like ok but I’m still high risk so it’s not quite that simple. My mom gets so upset about not seeing me though so I get guilted into going along with what they want.

Also library customers are often a certain type.. and I feel like once we reopen properly in April they’ll be approaching me up close while I’m shelving or something and be like it’s ok I’m vaccinated!! You have to be quite forceful with the public with things like this and I don’t feel like having conflict while pregnant. It’s why I’m hoping I do get to go off at 28 weeks in June so I don’t have to deal with all that.

Reactions: 5
I’m quite excited about restrictions lifting but that’s because I’m nearly at the end. Really want to be able to see my friends and introduce my baby to them after he arrives next month. However if I was earlier on in pregnancy I would find all of this very worrying as I’d feel quite torn

Reactions: 7
I’m quite excited about restrictions lifting but that’s because I’m nearly at the end. Really want to be able to see my friends and introduce my baby to them after he arrives next month. However if I was earlier on in pregnancy I would find all of this very worrying as I’d feel quite torn
I am the same, i was really hoping restrictions would be lifted around the time I have my baby, I’m in Scotland so our announcement is tomorrow but I expect it to be similar to Englands. Iv heard so many women say they feel their maternity leave was taken away from them and they will be going back to work just as things go back to normal, I feel so sorry for them as how often are you going to get the chance to be off work for a year to do nice things with your new baby and so many have just been stuck inside not seeing any family. I think a lot of people will be more cautious now with hand washing and not visiting people when feeling unwell too when manye they wouldn’t have pre covid

I am the same, i was really hoping restrictions would be lifted around the time I have my baby, I’m in Scotland so our announcement is tomorrow but I expect it to be similar to Englands. Iv heard so many women say they feel their maternity leave was taken away from them and they will be going back to work just as things go back to normal, I feel so sorry for them as how often are you going to get the chance to be off work for a year to do nice things with your new baby and so many have just been stuck inside not seeing any family. I think a lot of people will be more cautious now with hand washing and not visiting people when feeling unwell too when manye they wouldn’t have pre covid
I completely agree. My friend went on mat leave on 15th March and has returned back to work this week, I feel so bad for her that all of her leave was spent in lockdown.

Lots of people I know are annoyed with the plans to lift restrictions. I on the other hand am just happy that it looks like we will have some normality by the time baby is here in July! 🤞

• Sad
Reactions: 5
How do people feel with kids about kids returning to school and potentially bringing it home? I have a 6 year old going back next week and I'm torn....she needs it but I'm only 10 weeks....

How do people feel with kids about kids returning to school and potentially bringing it home? I have a 6 year old going back next week and I'm torn....she needs it but I'm only 10 weeks....
We are having a phased return, so my middle child will be back. It doesn’t bother me at all tbh. I am 31 weeks now, was about 6 weeks when they started back in September. I don’t believe the risk is that high from schools.

My daughter went back to nursery today and everything was fine, they are doing staggered entry for the different age groups so she starts at 9:15 now instead of 9 and finished 15 mins later, and she is in a bubble with 6 other children and 2 teachers and there’s never been an outbreak at the school, but we live in an area in the highlands that was in tier 1 from August - December and cases were never really high here even in the peaks

Reactions: 2
Yeah I'm worried tbh. Especially with that bit on the government website. Although I'm not that far gone, one day I will be and I can't exactly socially distance from my kids.
Screenshot_20210222-172312~2.png

So I had my little boy on Saturday. As he was 5 weeks early we have a little stay in hospital ahead of us. But he’s so beautiful and doing wonderfully well.
12365DFB-0D52-47F6-84E1-948886B14E88.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 37
So I had my little boy on Saturday. As he was 5 weeks early we have a little stay in hospital ahead of us. But he’s so beautiful and doing wonderfully well.
View attachment 451461
oh my goodness beautiful. congratulations!! I hope you’re both doing well 🧡 does he have a name? (No worries if you don’t want to share!)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.