Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
I feel this way and have come to the conclusion that the majority of people are too! Covid hasn’t really helped either TBH. I’ve been trying to get better at it since we moved to a new city earlier this year but it still makes me a bit anxious - never been turned down yet which is good 😂 I downloaded the Peanut app to see if there was anyone in my area around a similar stage in pregnancy but it does feel a bit like an awkward dating app - especially since it’s a bit weird to meet up with a stranger for a walk at the moment. Hopefully it’ll be a little bit easier in the summer!

we also just signed up to NCT eventually - for some reason all the classes in my area were fully booked last week already?! But have managed to squeeze onto the nearest one as someone dropped out - wasn’t massively keen to do the one 5 miles away in a different suburb given the whole point of it is to make parent friends!

Also, have any of you had round ligament pain? what does it feel like? I’m 15 weeks today and getting kind of cramping down one side but it doesn’t actually hurt that much.
I don’t actually know what NCT is, I need to look into that.

I’ve had some round ligament pain. For me it’s a sharper pain when I stand up quickly / sneeze. (Also had it a bit just while sitting.) sharper pain more than actual cramping for me.

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
i went for the scan on Friday I arrived ten mins early just because I wanted to be on time I literally went into a waiting room put my bum on the chair and immediately I was out scanned and going for bloods. The busiest scan room has been the EPU and then I was sent to my local hospital for my scan which had only one other in the waiting room with me. The hospital I will give birth at is huge compared to the smaller local one I went for the scan so makes sense why it was much busier. X

Tui

VIP Member
Random question for you ladies- have you changed up your skincare routine since you found out you were pregnant?
Im not sure where the best source is to find out what is recommended to use.
I just wash my face with water now and use simple rich Moisturiser. I miss my old skincare routine 😂
I just use moisturiser purely because I can’t be arsed. The only thing I made sure to avoid was retinol products

Heartbeats

Yes I am bloody exhausted today, I could actually go to bed right now. 😔 where is this second trimester energy at?
Have you guys bought any new clothes or baby stuff yet? I just spent £100 on new bras as I could barely breathe in the one I was wearing yesterday!
I need new bras but not really sure where to go with sizing? I don’t want to buy a load and then grow out of them again in a few weeks time!

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I started another thread for this a few days ago but actually it’s probably better to ask on here!

I mentioned before that my job was at risk of redundancy - I applied for an internal secondment in another department, and then was told my current job is secure (yay!). I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do about the new job, but I’ve now passed the first stage and have been invited to an interview next week.

I really don’t know what to do... if I wasn’t pregnant I’d 100% want to do it. But part of me is wondering if it’s a bit much to take on a new job at the moment - the past few weeks have been tough with sickness/tiredness and I’m wondering how I’ll feel as the months pass. The new job is a higher workload than my current job and so I don’t know if I’ll regret it when I could just stay in my current job and chill out! But I’m also looking at it from a career progression side, in that this might be more of a long term role for when I’m back from mat leave.

I know ultimately I have to make the decision but just wondering if anyone has any advice? I haven’t told family/friends yet so I’ve just been mulling it over myself for the past week!

Easilyannoyed

VIP Member
Hey has anyone had pelvic pain feels like bruising I googled it and it says it’s normal but my god I feel like I’ve bashed myself 😂

Gem2212

It does help back pain(I found so anyway). I started using mine before 30 W, I think it’s safe to use anytime as you can use them for exercise when not pregnant anyway. I find just sitting on it to watch tv instead of sofa can be so much more comfy
Thanks! I’ve ordered one from Amazon, hopefully it will help the back pain is becoming unbearable x

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
I'm 18 + 2 and felt the same last week. My nausea and tiredness have definitely improved and I felt pleased but then suddenly panicked that something bad had happened! I was literally playing with my boobs to see if they still hurt or not 🤣 Luckily I had the midwife appt on the Friday and heard the heartbeat so was reassured and feel better as I've continued to feel better and more sprites. I haven't really felt baby at all and I read it can take quite a while for some, especially if its your first baby. Somensaid even up to 25 weeks before you feel anything. If you're totally worried, then how about booking a private scan? We had one at 8 weeks for some reassurance and it was fab. Well worth the cost which was about £60 in our area x
So glad it's not just me! I had a private scan just over two weeks ago so I'm not sure if I would be going over board by booking another one 🙈 my 20 week scan is in a couple of weeks too!