Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So found out I was pregnant yesterday! Thought I’d pop on here and say hello all! We’d been trying but I have PCOS so expected to need a little help down the line. Have been in a total daze today - not quite sure I’ve taken it in and not really sure what I’m meant to do next! I already take folic acid and I’ve self referred to my trust’s maternity unit so I guess I just wait and hope for the best. I have irregular periods (last 4 cycles have been 26-34 days after they started to regulate a bit), and I’m pretty sure I ovulated late this month around day 26 so I don’t know really know how to best work out my dates! Either way I guess all being well I’ll be due early November time!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So found out I was pregnant yesterday! Thought I’d pop on here and say hello all! We’d been trying but I have PCOS so expected to need a little help down the line. Have been in a total daze today - not quite sure I’ve taken it in and not really sure what I’m meant to do next! I already take folic acid and I’ve self referred to my trust’s maternity unit so I guess I just wait and hope for the best. I have irregular periods (last 4 cycles have been 26-34 days after they started to regulate a bit), and I’m pretty sure I ovulated late this month around day 26 so I don’t know really know how to best work out my dates! Either way I guess all being well I’ll be due early November time!

Congrats lovely! Wonderful news! So happy for you ❤ take it easy for now. You may experience some period like cramping for the first week or two, i also had that-its to do with implantation and is totally normal. Its also recommended that you look at taking vitamin d also. Boots and holland and barrett do a folic acid and vitamin d in one pill.
Any questions, were all here for you 😊

Reactions: 4
Congrats lovely! Wonderful news! So happy for you ❤ take it easy for now. You may experience some period like cramping for the first week or two, i also had that-its to do with implantation and is totally normal. Its also recommended that you look at taking vitamin d also. Boots and holland and barrett do a folic acid and vitamin d in one pill.
Any questions, were all here for you 😊
Aww thank you so much! I’ve been awake half the night tossing and turning thinking of more to Google! Hopefully that doesn’t last long. I already take vitamins C, D and E and inofolic alpha which has folic acid in, I’ve ordered some additional folic acid tablets too as I do occasionally forget the inofolic sachet and might not be able to stomach it if I get nauseous. Definitely getting some cramps and twinges and feel SO bloated, every time I go to the loo I’m expecting to have started my period which probably isn’t helping things sink in!

Reactions: 3
Yay congratulations that’s fantastic news! This first bit will just be waiting til you start getting appointments so just let the news settle in and be happy :) in terms of dates, you go from the first day of your last period rather than when you ovulated. If you don’t know exactly due to irregularity just try to figure out an estimate as everyone will ask at appointments. Then at your first scan they’ll tell you what baby is measuring at and you’ll use that to know how far along you are :) congrats again and welcome to the thread!

I started another thread for this a few days ago but actually it’s probably better to ask on here!

I mentioned before that my job was at risk of redundancy - I applied for an internal secondment in another department, and then was told my current job is secure (yay!). I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do about the new job, but I’ve now passed the first stage and have been invited to an interview next week.

I really don’t know what to do... if I wasn’t pregnant I’d 100% want to do it. But part of me is wondering if it’s a bit much to take on a new job at the moment - the past few weeks have been tough with sickness/tiredness and I’m wondering how I’ll feel as the months pass. The new job is a higher workload than my current job and so I don’t know if I’ll regret it when I could just stay in my current job and chill out! But I’m also looking at it from a career progression side, in that this might be more of a long term role for when I’m back from mat leave.

I know ultimately I have to make the decision but just wondering if anyone has any advice? I haven’t told family/friends yet so I’ve just been mulling it over myself for the past week!
Such a tough choice. Will you ever get the chance again or will this be a one off? Are you career driven? I am absolutely not, and as soon as I am pregnant I switch off from work, and it can make it a long slog until maternity leave. However, if you are career driven then you would probably thrive! Yes it will be hard as pregnancy progresses, and some days you might wonder wtf you did, but if you think it’s for you, go for it.

Yay congratulations that’s fantastic news! This first bit will just be waiting til you start getting appointments so just let the news settle in and be happy :) in terms of dates, you go from the first day of your last period rather than when you ovulated. If you don’t know exactly due to irregularity just try to figure out an estimate as everyone will ask at appointments. Then at your first scan they’ll tell you what baby is measuring at and you’ll use that to know how far along you are :) congrats again and welcome to the thread!
Ooh I assumed when it asked if your periods were irregular it somehow mattered when you ovulated, some calculators ask for conception date which I figured was the day we had sex closest to when I knew I ovulated. I track my periods so I know my dates and I think going by that makes me a week further along than the other way! So confusing!

Reactions: 1
Congratulations! I also have irregular periods and track my ovulation, so I always give them a “fake” date for last period based on ovulation date - 2 weeks. If you are relatively confident you ovulated on day 26, give them the date of day 12 as the date of your LMP. They can always change your EDD at your scan 😊

Sorry it’s me who responds first but I am wide awake tonight 🤪 my advice is do you actually want the job yes or no? Will it fulfil you in the way you want satisfaction money enjoyment etc? I think if they are considering you they think you can do it which says to me you are ready for a step up also what do you have to lose if you don’t get it your job is safe and you can chill. If you do get it think how good it will feel. I am comfy in my job I cba to try and climb at the moment I know I am going to have to side step to go up. The only thing I would think is that if it’s a secondment depending how long for they will then also need to replace you once you go on may leave end your old job will be taken by someone else potentially x
It’s in an area I’ve been saying I wanted to move to for a few years now, and although it’s a secondment my current job would still be held for me once it ended. But yeah I think that’s where I’m at, do the interview and see how it goes. I should have mentioned, they don’t know I’m pregnant - I’m going to tell them in my interview for transparency but I wonder if that might be a decider for them. If they take me I’ll be going off on mat leave in September whereas someone else could be there long term! x

Such a tough choice. Will you ever get the chance again or will this be a one off? Are you career driven? I am absolutely not, and as soon as I am pregnant I switch off from work, and it can make it a long slog until maternity leave. However, if you are career driven then you would probably thrive! Yes it will be hard as pregnancy progresses, and some days you might wonder wtf you did, but if you think it’s for you, go for it.
Maybe not a one off, but the jobs don’t come up in that area very often. To be honest no, I’m not particularly career driven either haha. Working from home at the moment I easily get everything done that I need to with plenty of time to chill out, watch a bit of tv etc in between. The new job will be back to back meetings most days, dealing with my own caseload - interesting, but full on!

Reactions: 2
Ooh I assumed when it asked if your periods were irregular it somehow mattered when you ovulated, some calculators ask for conception date which I figured was the day we had sex closest to when I knew I ovulated. I track my periods so I know my dates and I think going by that makes me a week further along than the other way! So confusing!
I think people doing IVF know their conception date so it’s different for them. Also some people have like 60 day cycles sometimes so I think it’s more difficult when they’re that extremely long. I think for now with yours being 26-34 just go with your first day of last period and you’ll know more at your scans :) I was 12+3 at my scan but baby was 13+2 so I lost/gained almost a week even though I knew my exact day of period. Midwife said to go by what baby’s doing at that point so don’t stress too much about it, you’ll get the due date from a scan and then baby won’t arrive on that day anyway haha

I think people doing IVF know their conception date so it’s different for them. Also some people have like 60 day cycles sometimes so I think it’s more difficult when they’re that extremely long. I think for now with yours being 26-34 just go with your first day of last period and you’ll know more at your scans :) I was 12+3 at my scan but baby was 13+2 so I lost/gained almost a week even though I knew my exact day of period. Midwife said to go by what baby’s doing at that point so don’t stress too much about it, you’ll get the due date from a scan and then baby won’t arrive on that day anyway haha
Haha good point, I’ve always said I wouldn’t even tell people the actual due date to avoid them bugging me on it! November feels SO far away!

Reactions: 5
How annoying are some women who’ve had babies a long while ago so aren’t in the know about current health recommendations? My mom is doing my head in.

I said I’m gonna get a pregnancy pillow cause i keep waking up on my back. My mom said ‘what’s wrong with that?’ I explained. She said ‘sorry but I must’ve slept on my back loads when pregnant.’ Ok good for you but I’m sure lots of women also did and weren’t so lucky.

I also explained about baby needing to lie flat when sleeping so needing a flat pushchair and she was snooty about that. I’m gonna have to be strict on her when baby is born to make sure she’s following what I say should be done not what she thinks she knows best. I’m just glad my husband doesn’t see his parents so I don’t have MIL putting her 2 cents in as well. 🙄

Reactions: 7
How annoying are some women who’ve had babies a long while ago so aren’t in the know about current health recommendations? My mom is doing my head in.

I said I’m gonna get a pregnancy pillow cause i keep waking up on my back. My mom said ‘what’s wrong with that?’ I explained. She said ‘sorry but I must’ve slept on my back loads when pregnant.’ Ok good for you but I’m sure lots of women also did and weren’t so lucky.

I also explained about baby needing to lie flat when sleeping so needing a flat pushchair and she was snooty about that. I’m gonna have to be strict on her when baby is born to make sure she’s following what I say should be done not what she thinks she knows best. I’m just glad my husband doesn’t see his parents so I don’t have MIL putting her 2 cents in as well. 🙄
My mum was horrified to learn that we intend to keep the baby in our bedroom for the first 6+ months. I was in my own room by 10 weeks apparently! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
My Mum will be so excited to be a Nanny but I dread this exact thing because we’ve already had words when just discussing things my friends are doing / following with their babies! I said my friend was unable to drive too far because baby when he was brand new (and prem) shouldn’t be in the car seat for more than 30 mins at a time. Absolute nonsense she said, that’s why they design them for prams. I told her these days you don’t wean a baby until 6 months, nonsense again she says, she gave me baby rice / rusks at 3-4 months and I’m fine! Told her my friend got upset at her mum giving her 4.5 month old a chocolate button... “oh but there’s no harm it’s only a little lick of it”. I try and gently explain that science and research changes and you can only go on the most up to date advice and she just scoffs so it’s going to be a long road with a lot of chats here before baby comes. She’s an absolute know it all in general and is always saying she doesn’t know why people make such a fuss and can’t get out of the house with a baby, how you just need a routine etc like it’s that simple but people choose not to bother!

Just the people in general that say "Oh don't worry about it. I did it loads. My baby was fine"

Are the ones that annoy me.
There are health recommendations for a reason. Just because you or your baby was fine, doesn't mean somebody else/else's will be!

My mum was horrified to learn that we intend to keep the baby in our bedroom for the first 6+ months. I was in my own room by 10 weeks apparently! 😂
Lol I think I posted about this before but my mum said she put me in my own room on day 2. Apparently I kept them awake 😂😂😂 cheers mum

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone else close to maternity leave and wish they’d finished work sooner?!

First baby, I was very cocky that I’d be able to work up to 40 weeks (I’m working from home so it’s not physically taxing)

due to some pregnancy complications baby will now be coming from 37-39 weeks so I opted to start Mat leave at 37 weeks.

I’m 35 weeks now and I’m knackered! I wish I had finished earlier. It’s the mental stuff more than anything - mentally juggling work and work handover with baby stuff. And I’m shattered. Think it doesn’t help that I’ve mentally already checked out of my work because I’m having a year off woooo.
I was meant to work to 36 weeks and ended up using 2 weeks holidays and finishing 2 weeks earlier as I was knackered too. On my feet 9 hrs a day with one 45 minute break. I did cut back to a 3 day week near the end but was still exhausted

Old people always think they know best. Then get pissed off when we say we don’t do it that way any more as if we are personally offending them 🙄🙄 I always say things like “yes but you lot didn’t wear seatbelts either” 🤣 luckily my mum now knows better, and I just ignore everyone’s advice anyway and do what I want. My mil is too sweet to say anything.

My Mum will be so excited to be a Nanny but I dread this exact thing because we’ve already had words when just discussing things my friends are doing / following with their babies! I said my friend was unable to drive too far because baby when he was brand new (and prem) shouldn’t be in the car seat for more than 30 mins at a time. Absolute nonsense she said, that’s why they design them for prams. I told her these days you don’t wean a baby until 6 months, nonsense again she says, she gave me baby rice / rusks at 3-4 months and I’m fine! Told her my friend got upset at her mum giving her 4.5 month old a chocolate button... “oh but there’s no harm it’s only a little lick of it”. I try and gently explain that science and research changes and you can only go on the most up to date advice and she just scoffs so it’s going to be a long road with a lot of chats here before baby comes. She’s an absolute know it all in general and is always saying she doesn’t know why people make such a fuss and can’t get out of the house with a baby, how you just need a routine etc like it’s that simple but people choose not to bother!
Tbh everyone does things differently so I would just do what you think is best. My cousins partner started weaning her wee girl at 4 months she had her July last year and it’s recommended to do it at 6 months apparently but tbf I know a few recent mums have done that and I know a few have put baby in their own room from 3/4 months. I’ve been told not to listen to the health visitor either just do what I feel is right 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ this is my first baby though so I wouldn’t say I won’t listen

I honestly have no clue why anyone would wean early. Never mind the science behind it all, but you have to feed your kids every day, many times a day, for years. Give yourself a break and hold out on that as long as possible 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I honestly have no clue why anyone would wean early. Never mind the science behind it all, but you have to feed your kids every day, many times a day, for years. Give yourself a break and hold out on that as long as possible 🤣
Indeed, so messy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.