Pregnancy #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I’m in a different area to all you guys but did you have to pay for scan photos at the hospital? It says on my letter to bring pound coins only for the machine to get photos, £5 for 1, £10 for 3. I need to get some cash out and get some change from it before I go!
Nope I've never had to pay, at my 12 week scan they gave me 12 photos too which was decent of them. She told me to hide them though as they aren't supposed to give that many, she must've felt sorry for me or something 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I know I’m in a different area to all you guys but did you have to pay for scan photos at the hospital? It says on my letter to bring pound coins only for the machine to get photos, £5 for 1, £10 for 3. I need to get some cash out and get some change from it before I go!
I didn’t. I got 4 photos at my 12 week scan and 5 at my 20 week. Only had to pay for them at my private scan cause they weren’t included with the package

Reactions: 1
I 100% think that it depends on who you have and what hospital you are assigned to. I’m sad I only got one picture and no more however I am going to go and have a private one I really can see why people pay for these. X however I need to be happy my baby looked so cute on the monitor x

I paid for my scan photos back in 2012, I will be giving birth in the same trust and they have since removed the charge for scan photos.

My letter says the same, and that it’s cash only! Need to remember to take some with me on the day.

Interesting to read the stuff about birth plans. This is my first baby and I think I know what I’d like - a water birth, but I don’t really know what else is available/what choices I should be making! I’m still only 8 weeks at the moment but I would hope that I’d be able to have these conversations with a midwife further down the line.

Gonna get some change but then hope they don’t charge me. Don’t want to assume they’re just gonna give me a photo for free in case they don’t and I’ll have nothing lol

Scan at 3. Feeling very nervous.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Gonna get some change but then hope they don’t charge me. Don’t want to assume they’re just gonna give me a photo for free in case they don’t and I’ll have nothing lol

That’s totally normal to feel nervous, I don’t think there’s a single person who hasn’t before the 12 week scan 🙂 are you going to announce to your friends and family after the scan?

Good luck I was really nervous hardly slept the few nights before thinking of you ❤

I paid £8 for two of the same photo. I thought they would be different ones!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Scan went well! The woman was so nice, gave me 6 photos for free. Also partners are allowed back to scans from next week so my husband can come to 20 week scan!! Yaaaay!

So I’m 12+3 from last period but baby is measuring 13+2 so that’s what I now am! Crazy. Due date is 30th August.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Scan went well! The woman was so nice, gave me 6 photos for free. Also partners are allowed back to scans from next week so my husband can come to 20 week scan!! Yaaaay!

So I’m 12+3 from last period but baby is measuring 13+2 so that’s what I now am! Crazy. Due date is 30th August.
That’s great news!! 💖

I paid £8 for two of the same photo. I thought they would be different ones!
Mine was the same with my first. She asked how many I wanted... So I said 3 please, sent me outside to pay at £5 each and it was 3 of the same photo.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3

Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you 🥰

Congratulations! I had my 12 week scan a couple of weeks ago and I was allowed my partner to that and the 20 week, every hospital have totally different rules it seems 🥺 I also had my 12 week booking appointment face to face and I have read of a few on here that have had it over the phone. So do check with your hospital/midwife ladies x

Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone!

I had the Downs Syndrome etc screening and now I wish I hadn’t. The fact we have to wait for results has now just set off my anxiety. NT was 2.5mm and cause I know that I’m now googling everything.

• Heart
  • Sad
@Kitt so glad your scan went well. Hopefully you get the results of your screening back ASAP so you aren’t feeling worried for too long.

They don’t offer screening like that at 12 week scans here, we don’t have any standard screening for Down’s syndrome, or anything else, at all.

Thanks everyone!

I had the Downs Syndrome etc screening and now I wish I hadn’t. The fact we have to wait for results has now just set off my anxiety. NT was 2.5mm and cause I know that I’m now googling everything.
2.5 is just the top end of normal is it not?
A lot of people online don't put much weight into the NT as apparently it isn't always accurate depending on where the baby is sitting (I'm not sure on this,only from what I've seen on other forums) try not to worry yourself too much...easier said than done i know!

Thanks everyone!

Googling is the worst thing but everyone does it haha.

2.5 is literally the top and the measurements aren't accurate.
My last 2 children measured 2.8 and 2.9 but screening came back at lowest chance.
I didn't even pay attention this time because I know it sets your mind off.
Even the lady doing the ultrasound said not to worry too much as the way they measure it, the tiniest adjustment on the screen changes it by a massive difference.

Hope it reassures you a little ❤

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.