Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hi, gals. Me and my family is fine. Today I sat in a bomb shelter for the first time in my life. It wasn’t as scary as I thought, I was surrounded with awesome ppl and we laughed a lot (that’s also my coping mechanism). My cat acted like a hero, she was quiet and calm.
we are fighting, we are winning! 100K civilians joined an army!

I know you all from different countries here, I wanna say thank you, who shared posts on SM, who went to protests, went to supporting gatherings, made donations, signed petitions…!
Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦💪🏻♥

• Heart
Reactions: 153

milky

just caught up on the last thread and wow i didn't expect to get as frustrated by niomi as i did this time lol. i haven't re-read what i've written below so if it sounds off/rambly/totally wrong, feel free to reach out and teach me!

without trying to sound holier-than-thou or preachy, i cannot stand the surface-level liberal feminist rhetoric that many affluent, white influencers such as niomi attempt to shield their wrongdoings with. 99% of the time, their actions feed straight into the capitalist, patriarchal system and neglect to make any meaningful change to a society that systemically upholds white supremacy and misogyny. as we know, niomi's 'career' fuels the exploitation of countless women via fast fashion, etc., as well as through her inability to use her platform as a way to draw attention towards important social issues. she's happy to use women of colour for her smartskin campaign, capitalising on their image but refusing to amplify their voices through being her so-called 'smart skin muses'. it's all about what they can do for her, not what she can do for them.

it is only when women like niomi feel personally offended or annoyed by (mostly valid) backlash that they arm themselves with their one inequality (being a woman) and conveniently fail to acknowledge their countless social and economic privileges. i am not discounting the negative experiences that are universal to all women but she cannot see past this and realise that others have it far worse than her. moreover, (and some of you might disagree with this) i loathe the idea that all women MUST support ALL women no matter what. to me, it feels that i have to erase someone's identity bar the fact that they are a woman. we exist beyond this signifier; we are multi-faceted and are people, not caricatures. in my opinion, to practice feminism is to a) view all people's experiences through an intersectional lens, b) recognise the overlapping relationships between numerous identities, social/political structures and struggles, and c) actively dismantle oppressive systems that continually harm the most vulnerable in our societies. on the path to liberation, we can at least hold each other accountable, no?

niomi, do better and understand that not every woman has to agree with you purely because you are also a woman. consider the fact that your ignorance is both tone-deaf and dangerous. quit victimising yourself and see the bigger picture beyond the ones you post on your instagram. you could have a far better influence if you really tried. oh wait, sorry... #notaninfluencer :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 111

hannah123

VIP Member
Fuck this women supporting women, I’m not supporting someone for the sheer fact they share the same sexual organs as me, it’s bullshit and reductive. It doesn’t help women by reducing us to not being worthy of criticism or improvement. If you’ve done something stupid that enough people are complaining about the same thing, own it, improve on it and move on. She and other influencers can’t see that most of the people calling them out are just wanting them to improve and better themselves, that’s what women supporting women really is.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
Hey, tattlers. Thank you for your support 💙💛 its the 8th day of war, my city is relatively quiet. I’m doing some volunteer stuff. Today I was making camouflage net in the school nearby. Never thought I would learn how to do it. Bought more cat food today, just in case) We have news broadcast (all big channels united) 24/7, there were some fake news attack from russia, but we were warned like 2 days ahead! We’re expecting deepfake news any day (that our president is telling us we’re surrendering).
I have a new hobby- rating news anchors and reporters.
I have nothing to say about Niomi)))

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 84
girls, I just wanna say thank you for such a great daily entertaining content! I'm from Ukraine and I'm like in a constant state of stress, so I come here to laugh (and cringe a lil) 💕

As for Niomi, I have like 0.000001% of sympathy left. She has all time in the world and a lot of money to self-reflect, self-educate and do the therapy. Instead she does this privilege ignorant mess. 🤬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82

irvinelane

VIP Member
When you try so hard to be good and do good, you also accept the fact that not everyone will fully agree with you. It’s not about doing whatever you want and expecting people to follow on your terms.

Everyone is allowed to do mistakes, but when you screwed up, you should feel lucky to be advised by followers who care enough to tell you what’s wrong. And when they take time to make constructive criticisms and feedbacks, the least you can do is considering them as an opportunity to improve and do better, instead of whining and feeling attacked by those who contradict you.

1645335863290.png

1645335871139.png

• Heart
Reactions: 77

Tea&Toast

VIP Member
She has no personality of her own, or originality, all she can do is copy others.

First she copied Marcus and the Brit lot and got into YT.

Then she copied the growing trend in London of going PB to lose weight.

Then she copied Venetia, by pretending to care about sustainability.

Then she pretended to be the pahfect wifey for wealthy Joe cos being such a snob she wanted his status and royal connections.

Now she’s using Forky to make Joe jealous and copies him by flashing her arse, eating meat and dairy, wearing leather, becoming body obsessed and being selfish and irresponsible.

Shes also trying to look sexy, carefree and fun, by copying Anna, Joe’s gf, when she’s actually the opposite, a stuck up, snobby, neurotic, worrisome, poker up the arse type, who’s desperate to get a man to marry her.

She has no idea who she is and just merges herself into her current bf or new best friend.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

Nitfey

VIP Member
"kind soul that makes everybody feel like a somebody"...Mauritius hotel staff left the chat....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73

Sheabutter

VIP Member
Someone here (sorry can’t remember the name!) wrote to Wild a while back to complain about how many gifted deodorant tins Niomi receives. Apparently, she’s an investor in the company:

9200C944-4FF8-47D9-B1BC-A45185EFA06D.jpeg

CC66C264-555A-4B84-8C7C-ABD3A94C37E9.jpeg

I think it’s super shady of Niomi to endorse a product without disclosing to her audience that she has a stake in the company.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
And immediately followed by a pointless story showing her jacket…
I hate this. If you want to show support you don’t just post “prayers”, you give some links to help. You don’t make ad right after because it’s hot topic and it spikes your engagement.

I woke up by my mom telling me “hurry up, war has started”. We packed our things and heard the first explosion.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69

Sheabutter

VIP Member
Not only are these posts asking for transparency unkind, they are very low vibe

F7FC956B-19F7-4EC5-BD4F-7B3B6A766670.jpeg

_________

CFD22F33-F768-47FB-B08E-62CCEF582695.jpeg

*Sips on Kool-Aid*

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
There’s one thing I will never, ever understand in this world, and that’s the people who leap to the defence of celebs or influencers in comment sections. Do they think they’ll see the comments and invite them to hang out or something? I think it’s the saddest thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Thinking of you @JulieShomuliee and everyone in your family. I hope you're okay! ❤ Niomi doesn't care about the devastating situation you and your fellow Ukrainians are facing but we do.
❤❤❤ thank you, Im okay, but russian tanks are getting closer to my city. The war started yesterday but it feels like a year. Im living in twitter, because every minute smth is happening. Im calling my friends in Kyiv multiple times a day and they are terrified but preparing Molotovs cocktails and donating blood. They all were told that Kyiv is gonna be hell tonight. Another sleepless night for all of Ukrainians.

It might be against the rules, but here is the link to sign a petition to block russia from SWIFT
(add www) openpetition.eu/petition/online/for-aggressive-war-on-ukraine-immediately-block-russia-from-swift

Thank you all for seeing f-cking russia as an aggressor! Putler is totally crazy.
Slava Ukraini!
-----
Niomi is still shit that deserves Forky.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

irvinelane

VIP Member
Get ready for a « thank you for the hundreds of thousands of messages of support I received. It’s so overwhelming to have such a great community, but hey, you love me and I deserve the best. » kind of story tomorrow.

1645302310406.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Jonesjabs

I don't think I've posted on nims' thread before but I am almost in tears. My mum has MS and has had some oxygen chamber treatments because there's evidence it can help. She hasn't had that many though as ofc it's not available on the NHS and is expensive. I've even volunteered at our local oxygen centre as an operator and got to know all these decent, lovely and scared sick people. I don't know if Niomi's treatment was gifted or heavily discounted for exposure but why is this the world we live in where influencers just get everything. And not just influencers but by all accounts a nasty nasty girl. Sorry for the rant x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62

earlgrey

VIP Member
She’s so frustrating. Here’s a haiku

Alone in her shed
She counts out six blueberries
Please pick up a book

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60