Niomi Smart #38 My bum is out, my trip was free, why's everyone so mean to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She went to Bali with Marcus and Joe. I guess the superstition is true haha.

Why does she insist on taking every boyfriend to Bali? Go make memories elsewhere!

She's always wanted to go to Australia and has the financial means to. If she can book a flight to Bali, she can afford a flight to Australia. Granted, the stay would be more expensive, but it would be a way more memorable "gift to yourself" than Bali which she's visited on numerous occasions.
No company gave her plane tickets for another destination than Bali.

Or this is calculated in a way that she purposely suggested Bali as she knows this place and can be in control. Hasn’t she said she already went to Mauritius? Maybe she doesn’t want to discover another place unless she’s in a serious relationship. Vacation with Bradley is just to keep her busy and away from her shed (not to mention Instagram, of course), so she doesn’t have to bother too much about choosing a new destination.

Reactions: 8
The sad thing even if she goes to a beautiful place like Bali she stays mainly in the hotel. But given what happened in M and her being prone to get lost even with a guide..well she s better off in her ahed..err hotel room 😅😅
What I mean is she doesn't seem the type to put some effort in any holiday..google stuff museums pla es to visit etc. God when I travel i make daily itineraries and want to see as much as possible, not just lay on the hotel beach 24/7.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
About this. The girl probably doesn’t know what’s happening, but is still reposting, so people can tell how a good influencer she is.

This is typically the kind of words and sentences used by most of influencers. They’re all devastated/in shock and praying for Ukraine. What I mean is, since we’ve all heard about the current situation out there, they all are gonna repost something about Ukraine, but as the situation progresses, we won’t hear about them anymore, starting tomorrow.

I’m not saying that influencers imperatively have to undertake concrete actions, but I have noticed that every time something serious happens, we can easily witness how hypocrite these people are by reposting, just to do as everybody else does. For instance, when climate change caused fires in Greece last summer, they were all praying for Greece, but still flew to the country for vacation.

1645703590719.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
And immediately followed by a pointless story showing her jacket…

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Here we go! I have already mentioned it in a previous thread, but this is exactly like the lunch organized by L’Occitane where they promoted a gift set to help (🙄) homeless persons. Niomi said in a story she will consider thinking about them, and right in the next one, she got so excited to be offered her favorite shower oil.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I hate this. If you want to show support you don’t just post “prayers”, you give some links to help. You don’t make ad right after because it’s hot topic and it spikes your engagement.

I woke up by my mom telling me “hurry up, war has started”. We packed our things and heard the first explosion.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 69
Writes about how sad she is because a war happening then goes back to plan her luxury vacation and ask for freebies…

duck you NIOMI, she could at least share the list of charities and organisations with her followers, that ask for help because let’s be honest she would never spend her own money

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I’m in two minds. On one hand it kinda infuriated me to see some influencers just post nothing and go about their day as if nothing is up.

on the other hand I want a bit of a break from it all, and ultimately this doesn’t fall under these peoples’ remits. What does Niomi and her ilk know about current affairs? Precious little. I want to see some light hearted content. Not getting bombarded with “influencer” prayers all over insta, as well meaning as it is.

Reactions: 11
I’m in two minds. On one hand it kinda infuriated me to see some influencers just post nothing and go about their day as if nothing is up.

on the other hand I want a bit of a break from it all, and ultimately this doesn’t fall under these peoples’ remits. What does Niomi and her ilk know about current affairs? Precious little. I want to see some light hearted content. Not getting bombarded with “influencer” prayers all over insta, as well meaning as it is.
Exactly! It would definitely be better to post nothing if they don’t have anything to say about it, which is OK since the topic is quite complexe, than writing some random sentences, because they feel compelled to do so, but mostly because they fish for compliments and attention.

Reactions: 12
girls, I just wanna say thank you for such a great daily entertaining content! I'm from Ukraine and I'm like in a constant state of stress, so I come here to laugh (and cringe a lil) 💕

As for Niomi, I have like 0.000001% of sympathy left. She has all time in the world and a lot of money to self-reflect, self-educate and do the therapy. Instead she does this privilege ignorant mess. 🤬
I'm so sorry for what your country is having to go through, sending you strength and love and hope for your safety <3

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If "F*ck your war" is the only thing she's capable of posting (or re-posting), then she should have honestly stayed quiet. Stories / posts of such nature don't help and certainly don't educate anyone on what's happening. It's a lazy way to perform a "tick a box" exercise to say "I've acknowledged what's going on as it's what's expected of me, now back to more mundane business - look at my yoga moves". It really annoys me when influencers try to address world issues in such a generic / superficial manner. At least, she addressed it.

Good luck to her getting her followers to click on affiliate links to purchase expensive useless items when Europe reaches a massive economic crisis, because that's what's about to happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm in Poland ...and I'm just stressed and scared AF. I can't even imagine our dear friends in ukraine fear ....
When it hits so close our home it is even more difficult to understand this cruel world. 💔 all of a sudden it becomes so real...
Praying for a peaceful end of this madness . Sending love to all!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I hate this. If you want to show support you don’t just post “prayers”, you give some links to help. You don’t make ad right after because it’s hot topic and it spikes your engagement.

I woke up by my mom telling me “hurry up, war has started”. We packed our things and heard the first explosion.
Baby I woke up and couldn't stop thinking of you and your family. Thank you for giving us a small comment, I was so worried about your safety (and all of you, of course). Our hearts are all with you. I'm sending you so much love 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't think I've posted on nims' thread before but I am almost in tears. My mum has MS and has had some oxygen chamber treatments because there's evidence it can help. She hasn't had that many though as ofc it's not available on the NHS and is expensive. I've even volunteered at our local oxygen centre as an operator and got to know all these decent, lovely and scared sick people. I don't know if Niomi's treatment was gifted or heavily discounted for exposure but why is this the world we live in where influencers just get everything. And not just influencers but by all accounts a nasty nasty girl. Sorry for the rant x
I can't imagine how frustrated and angry this must make you feel. I don't really have anything helpful or constructive to add; I just wanted to acknowlede this is totally unjust. I feel for you and your Mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't imagine how frustrated and angry this must make you feel. I don't really have anything helpful or constructive to add; I just wanted to acknowlede this is totally unjust. I feel for you and your Mum.
Same. It really is incredibly expensive. I just looked at "oxygen healing . co . uk"
200 pounds per session. Even if you only do the 5 session programme, it's still 1000 pounds. Imagine doing the 40 sessions programme (which, I'm sure, is needed for something severe like MS). Who can afford that?

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 15-03-03 How much it costs.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Same. It really is incredibly expensive. I just looked at "oxygen healing . co . uk"
200 pounds per session. Even if you only do the 5 session programme, it's still 1000 pounds. Imagine doing the 40 sessions programme (which, I'm sure, is needed for something severe like MS). Who can afford that?
дякую! thank you, girls! 💕
---
I think influencers be like "Im so worried about the whole Ukraine situation, I have to treat myself to oxygen healing. Here is the wrong written name and here is promo code". And somewhere in comments #ad #gifted

• Heart
Reactions: 23

View attachment 1084887
Thank you both x My gran (mum's mum) actually used her savings/pension to pay for some sessions for her. I can't even get angry at the centres which have to charge this- it's just this culture of influencers which makes me so sad and angry. The more I see the more I think there is no way to be an ethical influencer, the most selfish members of society

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you both x My gran (mum's mum) actually used her savings/pension to pay for some sessions for her. I can't even get angry at the centres which have to charge this- it's just this culture of influencers which makes me so sad and angry. The more I see the more I think there is no way to be an ethical influencer, the most selfish members of society
it does feel like money corrupts even the most well meaning ones.

an Influencer I followed was anti-fast fashion. She recently started working with a brand that attaches QR codes to labels and resells big brand names. It’s pure green washing that a lot of big retailers are moving into (the second hand clothing industry is set to overtake fast fashion). It doesn’t matter how much items are resold if big manufacturers aren’t reducing production.

it made me so sad to see her drop her principles so quickly and easily. She surely knows what’s going on here. She’s become a covert mouthpiece for the big fast fashion industries.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.