Niomi Smart #38 My bum is out, my trip was free, why's everyone so mean to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to defend Niomi, never to defend Niomi, but SO many people/influencers/celebrities are not talking about the attack on Ukraine, or some (my own sister in law) share memes about WWIII being set to ruin their summer. It is utterly disgraceful and disgusting! I am reading the news and feeling sick, I am seeing my Ukrainian friend this evening for her birthday despite that she is falling apart because her family are in Kyiv and she is thinking she may not see them or speak to them ever again. It is very real and the most inhumane disaster to happen to the world in years and people (just to bring it back to Niomi and Fork) are carrying on with their pathetic brand deals and gifted experiences. Just shows how empty they are.
That's terrible. I'm so sorry.
Niomi and The Fork™ should probably share something more useful than Ladbible posts...

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not to defend Niomi, never to defend Niomi, but SO many people/influencers/celebrities are not talking about the attack on Ukraine, or some (my own sister in law) share memes about WWIII being set to ruin their summer. It is utterly disgraceful and disgusting! I am reading the news and feeling sick, I am seeing my Ukrainian friend this evening for her birthday despite that she is falling apart because her family are in Kyiv and she is thinking she may not see them or speak to them ever again. It is very real and the most inhumane disaster to happen to the world in years and people (just to bring it back to Niomi and Fork) are carrying on with their pathetic brand deals and gifted experiences. Just shows how empty they are.
Yep. I understand that they're not experts and I actually appreciate it when influencers don't try to speak at length about things they have no real knowledge of, but when you have a platform of hundreds of thousands, you should at least post some resources. Either for reputable news outlets or for reputable donation sites. Yes, the world keeps going and we all have got to eat, but it just feels so jarring to look at their stories about banal, stupid tit like everything is perfectly normal.

I know there's tons going on in the world, too much even. Yemen, Somalia, Gaza, etc. But this is happening right in her own continent and Niomi's like "meh, let's post a video of my flat ass doing kickboxing to the song of a man that's currently harassing his ex-wife, and then let's post a handful of stories about choosing my #gifted glasses with slide polls to boost engagement teehee."

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Yep. I understand that they're not experts and I actually appreciate it when influencers don't try to speak at length about things they have no real knowledge of, but when you have a platform of hundreds of thousands, you should at least post some resources. Either for reputable news outlets or for reputable donation sites. Yes, the world keeps going and we all have got to eat, but it just feels so jarring to look at their stories about banal, stupid tit like everything is perfectly normal.

I know there's tons going on in the world, too much even. Yemen, Somalia, Gaza, etc. But this is happening right in her own continent and Niomi's like "meh, let's post a video of my flat ass doing kickboxing to the song of a man that's currently harassing his ex-wife, and then let's post a handful of stories about choosing my #gifted glasses with slide polls to boost engagement teehee."
Exactly!

Two years ago, influencers were very supportive about the Black Lives Matter movement, sharing all kind of links for days, so their followers can donate, educate themselves and learn more about the past events. When the Taliban offensive in Afghanistan or the Israeli-Palestinian conflict were on the front pages last year, we have witnessed less support. And here they are with the war Russia-Ukraine, almost not giving a duck about it.

Apparently, in their crappy world, someone always has to give the go-ahead so everybody else follows, like a trend or something.

As you said, the world keeps going, but how about putting their privileged life aside for a few hours, so they can make the most of their audience by sharing useful and meaningful information? Instead of that, Niomi would rather make the most of her Saturday night.

1645811533189.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Thinking of you @JulieShomuliee and everyone in your family. I hope you're okay! ❤ Niomi doesn't care about the devastating situation you and your fellow Ukrainians are facing but we do.
❤❤❤ thank you, Im okay, but russian tanks are getting closer to my city. The war started yesterday but it feels like a year. Im living in twitter, because every minute smth is happening. Im calling my friends in Kyiv multiple times a day and they are terrified but preparing Molotovs cocktails and donating blood. They all were told that Kyiv is gonna be hell tonight. Another sleepless night for all of Ukrainians.

It might be against the rules, but here is the link to sign a petition to block russia from SWIFT
(add www) openpetition.eu/petition/online/for-aggressive-war-on-ukraine-immediately-block-russia-from-swift

Thank you all for seeing f-cking russia as an aggressor! Putler is totally crazy.
Slava Ukraini!
-----
Niomi is still tit that deserves Forky.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
My little sister posts better content about the attacks on Ukraine, if Niomi wants to help since she still has an audience she could spend a few minutes researching it herself then posting what she thinks others should know, then out of respect for the situation she shouldn't post any ADs and gifted content at least for a day. I don't think she really cares unless something directly affects her. I mean she was capable of posting 200 stories about being lost for a few hours...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
❤❤❤ thank you, Im okay, but russian tanks are getting closer to my city. The war started yesterday but it feels like a year. Im living in twitter, because every minute smth is happening. Im calling my friends in Kyiv multiple times a day and they are terrified but preparing Molotovs cocktails and donating blood. They all were told that Kyiv is gonna be hell tonight. Another sleepless night for all of Ukrainians.

It might be against the rules, but here is the link to sign a petition to block russia from SWIFT
(add www) openpetition.eu/petition/online/for-aggressive-war-on-ukraine-immediately-block-russia-from-swift

Thank you all for seeing f-cking russia as an aggressor! Putler is totally crazy.
Slava Ukraini!
-----
Aw! You're so sweet to check in with us with all that's happening. It's a terrifying situation and my heart is so heavy with all you're having to do to defend your communities from Putin -- who is really a monster.

Signed the petition and am sharing the link with others. You have our full support!

It's absolutely insane that meanwhile princess Niomi is showing off free glasses like that's at all important! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Oh my god, also I have Indonesian roots. You cannot imagine how much I am already 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

She will just find a weird way of making it all about her, not even understanding Indonesian mentality, food or culture, particularly Bali‘s mentality, food or culture. And don‘t get me even started on the thought of someone like Forky behaving like a douchebag without an ounce of respect as he did in Mauritius. All in me just wants to protect Bali from these two.
Sadly I think Bali is full of tourists, sorry 🌠travellers🌠 like these two already... 😬
A lot of holidaymakers who previously wouldn't have gone further than Marbella and Ibiza are now using their air miles and the benefits of cheaper flights to spread their wings a little further - Sorry!

I see Forky and Niomi as enjoying Dubai far more, lots of shopping when they aren't taking photos for the gram in the same dunes etc. She would definitely go to the Maldives if she could have gotten the trip gifted Anyway Niomi has already been to Bali twice, amd that's enough for Indonesia to endure surely. Niomi will o.f.c need to relax her diet once again.🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Aw! You're so sweet to check in with us with all that's happening. It's a terrifying situation and my heart is so heavy with all you're having to do to defend your communities from Putin -- who is really a monster.

Signed the petition and am sharing the link with others. You have our full support!

It's absolutely insane that meanwhile princess Niomi is showing off free glasses like that's at all important! 🙄
Signed the petition.❤

• Heart

Slava Ukraini!
-----
Signed <3 Thank you for sharing that, like others I will text the link to all my friends.

1645815308844.png

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Every excuse to do selfies 🙄 is there anything interesting about her? She wanted some help and advice to choose her glasses. My advice? Turn off your phone and go see a shrink.

View attachment 1087170

And here she is, reposting something about the business journey. Business, really? Oh I get it. It’s obviously not linear: sometimes you receive freebies, sometimes you receive less freebies. I feel you 🙄
View attachment 1087178
She’s not advertising the brand very well - glasses should never go above your eyebrows, any staff in the opticians will tell you that when they’re helping you pick out glasses

Reactions: 12
She’s not advertising the brand very well - glasses should never go above your eyebrows, any staff in the opticians will tell you that when they’re helping you pick out glasses
Everything is a joke to her-as long as it's free.

Reactions: 9
I don't really see her bringing big revenue to any of the brands she keeps selling, that's why most of the time it's always new stuff. A showroom dummy pulls more sales in.

Reactions: 14
I don't really see her bringing big revenue to any of the brands she keeps selling, that's why most of the time it's always new stuff. A showroom dummy pulls more sales in.
For me , knowing that brands chose her, gives already enough information on why NOT to chose that brand. I hope they will learn that quickly. Better flush your money in the toilet...same results.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Exactly!

Two years ago, influencers were very supportive about the Black Lives Matter movement, sharing all kind of links for days, so their followers can donate, educate themselves and learn more about the past events. When the Taliban offensive in Afghanistan or the Israeli-Palestinian conflict were on the front pages last year, we have witnessed less support. And here they are with the war Russia-Ukraine, almost not giving a duck about it.

Apparently, in their crappy world, someone always has to give the go-ahead so everybody else follows, like a trend or something.
You hit the nail on the head. They are called influencers but they actually just influence each other and follow trends. Hence why they all look and eat the same and go on the same trips. They are not original or trendsetting at all.

• Heart
Influencers these days don't care about creating content because they have something to say or share...they find ways to slip in paid stuff and wrap it into something that looks like part of their daily life. It's boring, its just another tool that companies use to push their crap since people have grown accustomed and maybe more immune to traditional advertisement and commercials. I mean do we really see Niomi ding this when she's 40? Cringe I hope not for her sake.

Reactions: 18
I just came across her friend Venetia's tiktok, who is very much against fast fashion and has videos calling out Molly Mae etc. I'm so confused because I don't see Nims as that different to Molly Mae, they're both influencers (Nims much less influential though) and terrible for the environment. Nims likes to pretend that she is a rank above the likes of PLT but she still consumes way more than the average person. Tons of useless freebies daily, constant trips, gifted car after gifted car despite living in London. Why is Venetia ok with this when it's completely against her values? I don't mind Venetia but it's fake and performative if she selects what she finds problematic based on friendship.

Reactions: 32
It's hard to expose Nims as a greedy influencer because the platform she's on lets her control 100% of the comments, so she can delete feedback for years while carving a fake perception of her brand.

They’re peddling two different things: Venetia’s activism & hope vs. Niomi’s inaction & nihilism. I imagine Venetia wants to keep work from interfering with her friendships. It really does reflect poorly on her career though. Either Niomi is part of the greenwashing issue or she’s not. (Spoiler: she is.) Being civil to Niomi is not the same thing as having Niomi for a weekend stay. I don’t think as highly of Venetia as I would under a different set of circumstances.

ETA: Before @irvinelane gets here I’ll say it— I don’t know if I believe her environmentalism is genuine or something that is just profitable for her to care about.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Honestly, despite all the criticisms towards Niomi, I think it’s a good idea for her to practice boxing. She’s had a lot of anger pent up from the past two years and boxing can be a form of physical release/outlet for that. I’ve heard that it really helps to work through any negative feelings and overcome them. Gifted sessions or not, hopefully, if she trains regularly, it will be effective. Good for her 🙌🏻

View attachment 1085199
Wow, she looks super thin there. Definitely Prepping for dirty thirty bikini photos.
View attachment 1087295

How many 'bodies' has he got?!
I spy the niomi and Forky buzzwords; loose inches, reduce unwanted fat cells, reduce cellulite and maximise your physical potential. Blah, blah blah.
Influencers these days don't care about creating content because they have something to say or share...they find ways to slip in paid stuff and wrap it into something that looks like part of their daily life. It's boring, its just another tool that companies use to push their crap since people have grown accustomed and maybe more immune to traditional advertisement and commercials. I mean do we really see Niomi ding this when she's 40? Cringe I hope not for her sake.
Plenty of influencers in their forties and over out there. Usually with a smattering of parent products, but not exclusively! Yes, I can see Niomi pushing expensively unnecessary yoga products, classes, unproven yet exorbitanly expensive beauty treatments on one hand and household mops at a bargain shop on the other with a smattering of bouji holidays for as long as she is breathing.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.