Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It’s taken me 18 years to become Creative Director; initiating strategies, managing multiple teams, meeting and exceeding KPI’s, a complex knowledge of my product area as well as market and competitor information, thorough understanding of sales trends, customer insight and the skill of developing commercial ranges which hit margins are of high quality and deliver profit. I’m wondering how MM managed to gain all that experience in the 2 years she left the LI villa. It’s a joke. She wouldn’t last 2 minutes in a trade meeting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 162

Koko01

I think that’s really sad when i’m sure there are people who have worked really hard, gone to uni, worked for years trying to get to that position, only for molly mae to get the job with no experience whatsoever 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 155

Pinkbumblebee

I can't describe my rage right now. Creative Director is one of the highest roles you can achieve after YEARS AND YEARS in the design industry and its an absolute joke that they'd give her that title

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 103

Theyeahyeahs

Never commented on this thread but have to RANT, I’m a Senior Buyer at a similar retailer and I’ve been doing this job for a decade and my progression was considered ‘quick’ in the industry. I would probably have to work another decade to be a Creative Director and most of ours are either men :rolleyes: or women in their 40s that have years of experience.

Despite what people may think, it’s a tough job, hours are relentless and it’s an underpaid profession as well as very competitive. I wasn’t making what Molly Mae spent on that bracelet until I was a Buyer which took me 8 years, and before that I went to the Fashion Retail Academy plus I have a degree in maths which actually massively helps in the job believe it or not.

There’s a wealth of knowledge that goes into buying and merchandising, even in fast fashion, probably more so as we’re signing off hundreds of lines a week.

I’m not usually one to begrudge influencers deals etc because honestly it’s easy money we’d all take, but this is just SO typical of the industry where you have to fight tooth and nail for progression and put years in as an admin on barely a living wage. A lot of my buying merch design buddies are kicking off on Instagram about this, as well as the industry meme pages I follow. It’s a JOKE!

• Heart
Reactions: 103

Koko01

Can I just say as someone who’s worked in the creative sector for like 10 years now, there is nothing more exhausting than someone who comes in as a director who hasn’t a fucking clue how anything works or contributes to the workload 😂 good luck PLT staff!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Hey guysss 😚✌🏻 Welcome back to my channel thread. I know I’ve been so MIA recently, I’m so sorry guysss I’ve just been so busy it’s actually unrealll. I have such a cray-zee, CRAY-ZEE schedule I just can’t even talk about it. I’m honestlyyy so busy until, literallyyy next year. Fran literallyyy has me booked up until 2025. I honestlyyy feel so lucky to have SUCH an incredible Momager. She’s literallyyy my manager, mother, therapist and muse all in one. I really hope you guys enjoyed our video together, I literallyyy had to drag Fran into filming the video with me. I promised her not to be annoying for 24 hours so she would film with me 😚✌🏻 I’m sooo random 😚✌🏻

I honestlyyy feel like the luckiest girl in the world that I get to wake up everyday and this is my life ??? I literallyyy manifested this life guysss and you can too because we all have an equal chance in life don’t we ??? Some of us (aha me) just work SOOO much harder than others and that’s why I am where I am and that’s why I can turn down a £2 million brand deal. Literallyyy every brand wants me to work with them I categoricallyyy can’t believe it ??? Love that for meee 😚✌🏻 I’m so lucky guysss. Like I’ve literally just been to Ibiza, didn’t even bother to quarantine because I’m Nappy-Mae and the rules don’t apply to meeee and then I went to Mykonos ??? Honestly it was unREALLL I’ve always wanted to go there. I literallyyyy spent the entire time in my Bottega dressing gown and slippers, on my phone, editing myself to the size of a child. I swear you guysss I don’t even edit my pictures it’s just lighting and angles. I’m literallyyy so happy in myself now that I’ve gotten rid of all of my filler. ALLL of it. I’m such an au naturel Queen 😚✌🏻 I literallyyy haven’t worked so hard in the gym to be hiding myself under a blazer the entire time I’m on holiday. I swear guysss I’m not a catfish…

FCA323FA-7E6F-4F00-BC34-F4C203E40C64.jpeg

CE331F07-63BC-4F10-A9B7-5692E56D3BA8.jpeg

698D5203-4E29-4D7E-85FE-5C120E5A4D09.jpeg

CEC574D7-63E1-44C7-96F1-4588075B5D73.jpeg

Errr, yeah scrap that idea I am SUCH a catfish 😚✌🏻 But I’m literallyyy a top tier influencer, promoting happiness and natural beauty 😚✌🏻 Did I mention I’m sooo natural ??? I’m so lucky that girls can look up to me and not all of these fake influencers full of filler ??? I just don’t want anyoneee to make the same mistakes I made - like when I made myself look like a 50p 🙃 Let’s not even talk about it 😚✌🏻

Anywaysss guys I can’t believe I didn’t mention Tommy in this one ??? I swear we’re still together. Literallyyy if I don’t mention or post about him people think we’ve broken up ??? Come on guysss my Schlongydog is forever. My schlong is bigger than his though so love that for me. Thanks so much for reading guysss *blows kiss*

✨ Title by @Pippylong0509 ✨

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

lozzapaloozza

VIP Member
Thread title suggestion: Molly-Mae Hague #14 Creative Director of FleaLT, they don’t pay their workers but at least they pay me!

It’s early but she’s given me so much inspo ✨

• Heart
Reactions: 94

JB28!

Normally I would never post but today I am fuming. I work in the fashion industry and I have studied fashion and worked literally to the bone almost killing myself getting through a fashion degree and this is the worst thing I’ve ever heard. Not only is she not qualified she is only qualified in the real world to be an unpaid intern. People like me have worked so hard and are paying our dues and know about fashion and then some dick 22 year old comes in and gets handed creative director with no experience, no knowledge of fashion or design it’s infuriating!!! Sorry but if I worked for PLT today would have been my last day! Can you imagine being an incredibly talented pattern cutter or designer and then this 22 year old becoming your boss and spending her bonus (that you will never get because of pay cuts and covid) on a £30k bracelet. Sorry but anyone being paid by PLT is spending money that has been stolen from garment workers and children in sweatshops it’s disgusting. BOYCOT PLT

• Heart
Reactions: 93

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Can I just say as someone who’s worked in the creative sector for like 10 years now, there is nothing more exhausting than someone who comes in as a director who hasn’t a fucking clue how anything works or contributes to the workload 😂 good luck PLT staff!
I've never posted on this thread before but I work in design and I'm literally sat in the office with the rest of the design team and we're all like "what the fuck could she possibly offer, what experience has she got?!"

Such a slap in the face to actual creatives. She'll wander into meetings like 45 mins late with her green tea latte and Tommy trailing behind her probs

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 87

ktboo

Show me proof that Molly works 9-5 five days a week and gets 20 or so annual leave days a year and I’ll take her CD role seriously. Until then it’s just a massive PR stunt in my mind. People need to wake the fuck up

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 84

fwooper

VIP Member
Whatever it is, I hope she enjoys making her millions off the back of people working in sweatshops for £3 an hour. It's all very dystopian isn't it... behind all the glamour of Molly being the face of this brand and doing vlogs in their pretty pink factory (which is PR stage setup, by the way), there's people in places like Bangladesh, Myanmar, India working in horrific conditions to make all of this happen for her. I'm not sure I can take all the praise she will get for becoming even more deeply involved with a sweatshop brand. There's nothing admirable about it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

loveanatter

VIP Member
I think that’s really sad when i’m sure there are people who have worked really hard, gone to uni, worked for years trying to get to that position, only for molly mae to get the job with no experience whatsoever 🙄
I lurk here and I was just about to say that.
It’s an insult to anyone that’s worked/working hard to get to that position. So what, she’s going to work in an office now 5 days a week?

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Snoopysnoop123

VIP Member
Saw this comment on another forum… and it’s bang on! This will be a yearly thing now and there will always be a “big announcement” around the time Love Island ends, just to ensure no one will out do or outshine her.

AA605B8C-CA4B-4F89-9D21-C75A315A8B41.jpeg

Reactions: 82
For those asking what a CD role is; I manage the overall concept, design, trend and buying process for a retailer. So at the start of the season I will decide what our key trends will be, work with a design team to get designs / trends in place, find a suitable factory to make the garments which are both ethically and technically sound (Molly can skip that bit), work with a tech team to ensure the garments fits, having an understanding of how fabrics perform, fabric weight and construction knowledge and then ensure the buying teams buy into the right product. All the time thinking about margin, customer profile, balance of range in terms of colour, sleeve length, leg length etc…work with marketing teams to ensure the creative look and messaging to customer is all on brand. Work with online team to ensure the online platform reflects the creative concept…there are multiple teams that MM will be working alongside daily as well, Director level down to entry level who she will need to liaise with…good luck 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 79

TDT

All I keep seeing on twitter and Facebook is “want Molly Mae’s life” “Molly Mae is winning at life” blah blah blah. Is it just me that gets really fucking irritated by all this influencer crap, how they make so much money for doing the bare minimum when there is nurses out there saving life’s on minimum wages, it makes me mad! Also how sad of people saying she’s made it in life just because of an expensive piece of jewellery🥴 some people are so materialistic It’s sickening. Sad how these are the people we look up to, you won’t see kids saying they want to be nurses or doctors now it will be “mummy I wanna be an influencer”🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 78