Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Surely she is just a brand ambassador, not an actual CD? As a CD she would have a large team reporting into her, she would be attending trade and strategy meetings DAILY, she will have to work on designers personal development plans; annual salary reviews, performance manage her team…absolutely no way is she an actual CD. She is the face of the brand, with a fancy job title and a high salary.

Reactions: 63

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Saw some chat on LinkedIn of all places about how "women should support MM and not look down on her", fucking lol.

I'm not looking down on her at all. I'm being realistic. She's not qualified for the job, that is a fact. But it's not even a proper job. It's a smart PR move by Umar and the gang to generate buzz around PLT and whip Fiat500 into a frenzy. MM has put in fuck all graft to achieve it, she's just been savvy and had the right team and people like Fran working their arse off in the background to get her in with the right people.

Tired of being told "women should support women!" - I'm not criticising her because she's a woman, I'm criticising her because the whole thing is a fucking joke. Let's call it for what it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

DubaiM

I’ve just checked on social blade - below are her numbers before she went into Love Island in June 19 & after in Aug 2019 & her totals now.

On Instagram she had 156 K followers going in & by Aug 19 - 2.64 M now 5.99M

On You Tube she had 22.8K subscribers by Aug 19 - 413 K now 1.57 M

Total YT Views in June - 875 K, by Aug 19 -11.4 M & now 111 M views.

For Molly Mae to say her career didn’t benefit from the LI exposure is ridiculous for it’s the reason she went on the show in the first place. Without Love island, most likely wouldn’t have a blue tick & with normal organic growth would be around the same numbers as likes of Freya Killin who had 145K followers in May 19 & now has 516 K & no blue tick. Making a good living as an influencer but not creative director of PLT/ anyway near her numbers now or fame. Molly Mae should be humble & remember how her journey started & acknowledge LI & Fran’s massive role in her success - it all comes across as the fame as gone to head & believes her own PR spin hype. 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 61

fwooper

VIP Member
God she really does think she’s the dogs bollocks doesn’t she, how embarrassing, all that money and supporting slave labour, hardly a “boss bitch” move love
I think it's hilarious that there's some people on Twitter etc that genuinely think she'll be working 9 to 5, managing a team and making executive decisions when in reality she'll be doing this all day. Arrive at the office at noon, strut around and having someone film her looking like a #girlboss, then go home by 3pm. As others have pointed out, there's other people at PLT who already fulfil the 'Creative Director' role under different job titles - this is just a fake role created for Molly. Nobody should feel bad that they'd have to work for 10+ years to get a role like that, because the "role" Molly has not what you think it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Koko01

Can’t wait to see her vlogging about her 6am commute every day to the office😂 in fact, how is she going to be able to go on holiday every month? Us peasants only get 28 days annual leave Molls, better make em last!

LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT IT GUYS😚✌🏼

• Haha

newuser321

Why does anyone buy off companies like PLT, Boohoo etc? The quality is completely awful apart from the fact the workers get paid SO little and the production of clothes from these brands are MASSIVE contributors to our current climate crisis. A big thumbs down for these shitty companies 👎👎

fwooper

VIP Member
Not sticking up for her but we need to actually get facts right.. she actually had higher monetary offers for collabs when she came out of love island but she turned them down and chose PLT.
She also got offered a £2million deal last year but turned it down because she doesn’t shop at that brand. So she doesn’t actually do it for the money 🤷🏻‍♀️
If she doesn’t do it for the money and isn’t financially motivated, why does she work so closely with a brand that makes their clothes in sweatshops? Is she working with them out of the goodness of her own heart and is just passionate about human rights abuses?

• Heart
Reactions: 59

fwooper

VIP Member
She’s such a pretentious cow😅 you know this comment is just so passive aggressive looool
She knows full well that PLT gives her better quality versions of the clothes for the photo shoot, and they’ll be tailored to fit her perfectly or at list pinned in specific ways to look good for the pics.

Pretty funny to see the lengths she is going to recently to defend PLT now that she is more and more involved. Remember her deleted tweet when she tried to claim PLT was some kind of body positive inclusive brand? And now she is really trying to act like PLT clothes aren’t trash quality… she is looking like a clown trying to win these arguments when she has no ground to stand on.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Titfortattalesxo

Just saw somebody in the PLT comments state that Molly went to fashion college and she deserves it. What a load of bullshit. It’s actually frightening watching girls that are clearly naive, don’t have a clue about hard work and dedication that stick up for her. Sadly the real world will give them a wake up call.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 58

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
imagine going to uni for 5+ years to report to 22 year old love island star molly..

are we forgetting that this is the same girl who has completely ditched her tan business and hasnt acknowledged it once? how on earth is she the ‘creative director’. she will do fuck all, she shouldn’t be given any responsibility when she couldn’t care less.. it’s all money with her.

Reactions: 58

electricmallows

VIP Member
Here you go. She mentions it at 19 minutes and 50 seconds in. It wasn’t a message like she claimed, it is 100% a Tattle comment.
“Someone dm’d me..” and then reads in the 3rd person 😂 Even if it did make sense, who’d be sending you a dm in the 3rd person?

• Haha
Reactions: 57

peachesncreammm

Chatty Member
One last thing (I say this but I’m sure more will come lol) but see all the people like “I hope molly improves PLTs quality and sustainability” … do they honestly think that that is Molly’s role??? 😂 delusional! She will sign off a collection with her name every few months and get £££ to splurge on more tacky new money designer

SophiaAnda123

Long time lurker here but HAD TO COMMENT. Very late to comment as I work in the creative industry and I have just closed my laptop after a 15hr day which is good day for me. Categorically ✨ FUMING ✨ at the audacity to call herself a creative director. So glad she’s trying EVERYTHING to get into coffee as this is needed on the 6am commutes and 70hr weeks ✌🏼

• Heart