Molly-Mae Hague #13 Nappy-Mae’s pics have more blurred lines than Robin Thicke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One last thing (I say this but I’m sure more will come lol) but see all the people like “I hope molly improves PLTs quality and sustainability” … do they honestly think that that is Molly’s role??? 😂 delusional! She will sign off a collection with her name every few months and get £££ to splurge on more tacky new money designer

Reactions: 57
One last thing (I say this but I’m sure more will come lol) but see all the people like “I hope molly improves PLTs quality and sustainability” … do they honestly think that that is Molly’s role??? 😂 delusional! She will sign off a collection with her name every few months and get £££ to splurge on more tacky new money designer
She doesn’t give two shits about how non ethical it is, as long as it pays for her Balenciagas and Gucci she couldn’t care less

Reactions: 42
Never commented on this thread but have to RANT, I’m a Senior Buyer at a similar retailer and I’ve been doing this job for a decade and my progression was considered ‘quick’ in the industry. I would probably have to work another decade to be a Creative Director and most of ours are either men :rolleyes: or women in their 40s that have years of experience.

Despite what people may think, it’s a tough job, hours are relentless and it’s an underpaid profession as well as very competitive. I wasn’t making what Molly Mae spent on that bracelet until I was a Buyer which took me 8 years, and before that I went to the Fashion Retail Academy plus I have a degree in maths which actually massively helps in the job believe it or not.

There’s a wealth of knowledge that goes into buying and merchandising, even in fast fashion, probably more so as we’re signing off hundreds of lines a week.

I’m not usually one to begrudge influencers deals etc because honestly it’s easy money we’d all take, but this is just SO typical of the industry where you have to fight tooth and nail for progression and put years in as an admin on barely a living wage. A lot of my buying merch design buddies are kicking off on Instagram about this, as well as the industry meme pages I follow. It’s a JOKE!

• Heart
Reactions: 103
I tend to stay off this thread because I do quite like Molly. However I can’t help but feel so bleeping frustrated at this. The comments of praise about how this is “so well deserved” plastered all over social media is so bleeping annoying. Well deserved - what does she actually do? It’s a kick in the teeth for those of us who do actually want amazing fashion careers and put HOURS of work into portfolios that don’t even get considered by brands. Yet it’s handed to Molly on a plate because she knows how to curl her hair and wear a co ord. She has absolutely 0 privacy. She will get robbed. There’s SO much attention around her jewellery. She’s a petite girl with very rarely any security and she always posts where she is and the exact times. It’s not hard to find out where she lives and where everything in her apartment is! Foolish girl.
I just came here to say the quickest way to lose my respect today is if I click on ya insta story and you’ve shared mollys photo / given her praise / called her a boss babe.

Reactions: 46
Instead of using her name, and what fan base she’s grown to create her own ethical business, that sure might take a while to get going, but no doubt would be popular with the Fiat 500’s, she’s stuck with PLT, will be dropped in 18 months max, and is still stuck with the fast fashion, unsustainable and unethical image…yuck! Imagine throwing away all those potential successes if she hadn’t of tagged along with PLT🤢

Reactions: 30
Can’t believe the amount of people jumping to her defence, calling the ones calling her out ‘bitter’ and ‘jealous’ it’s NEITHER of those, it’s being annoyed on the behalf of those working their arses off to get to the position Molly has been handed to on a diamond encrusted plate. Some people just don’t have a clue.
They ‘hired’ her for the position because she already worked for them, she’s skinny, pretty, and has nearly 6 million Insta followers. Literally no other reason.
84501129-DE44-42C5-ACFE-13634396E72A.jpeg

Reactions: 15
Never commented on this thread but have to RANT, I’m a Senior Buyer at a similar retailer and I’ve been doing this job for a decade and my progression was considered ‘quick’ in the industry. I would probably have to work another decade to be a Creative Director and most of ours are either men :rolleyes: or women in their 40s that have years of experience.

Despite what people may think, it’s a tough job, hours are relentless and it’s an underpaid profession as well as very competitive. I wasn’t making what Molly Mae spent on that bracelet until I was a Buyer which took me 8 years, and before that I went to the Fashion Retail Academy plus I have a degree in maths which actually massively helps in the job believe it or not.

There’s a wealth of knowledge that goes into buying and merchandising, even in fast fashion, probably more so as we’re signing off hundreds of lines a week.

I’m not usually one to begrudge influencers deals etc because honestly it’s easy money we’d all take, but this is just SO typical of the industry where you have to fight tooth and nail for progression and put years in as an admin on barely a living wage. A lot of my buying merch design buddies are kicking off on Instagram about this, as well as the industry meme pages I follow. It’s a JOKE!
Here here! Took me 4 years to progress from BAA to AB. People see the fashion industry and some sort of fairy land and most young girls want to work in a pink office with unicorn statues and pizza vans outside. They all have no idea how mentally and physically gruelling it is. No idea and that makes me so sad.

PLT and Umar are a JOKE.

Reactions: 32

Senior merchandiser here. Feeling your pain and annoyance.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I wonder about MM s perception of all this - does she realise that she is being paid huge amounts of money for what is essentially a sinecure - or is she genuinely deluded enough to believe that she is really a CD.

I was on the tube today and it was saturated with PLT adverts of her - even with the specially made clothes, the expensive styling, photoshopping and the team - it all looked pretty tacky, dull and cheap. God knows what the actual clothes look like on real humans !!! And that’s not even beginning on all the ethical issues involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I don't know why people are saying she hasn't worked hard for this. She's spent two years pretending to have a perfect relationship with a guy who can barely stand her, even organising her own romantic surprises all so she can get mass press and instagram engagement. Not to mention all those hours that she's racked up filtering and photoshopping her pictures so she looks absolutely perfect. Not to mention how grueling it must be to travel the world during a global pandemic for work she could easily have done at home. Don't say she hasn't worked for this. She's worked her arse off for this damn it.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Umar proposed to his girlfriend Nada (whom I used to know, lol) with a 2 mil ring.
A ring he's able to afford through modern-day slavery. I have no words, it's beyond immoral. How they sleep at night blows my mind. And now Molly Mae is only contributing to it on a whole new level.
It's minging.

She

she may have an ounce of integrity but she definitely does it for the money. Don't be so naive 😂
what is Nada like? She comes across immature with all her disney nonsense and fake.

what is Nada like? She comes across immature with all her disney nonsense and fake.
That ring looked ridiculous. Actually vulgar! it's mental.

Reactions: 10
I know a lot of you would probably agree but does it piss anyone else off that all these “influencers” do collaborations etc but it’s not even all clothes they would wear at all? Like how can you sell something to your fans and say you are in love with this collection blah blah when everyone knows you’ll only wear it for a couple of photos and as soon as you get home put jumper and joggers on.. like even when going out to meals most of them don’t even wear what they try and sell their fans 🤧🤧🤧

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Love that a lot of people are realising what Molly is really like , seeing a lot of opinionated videos on my fyp on tiktok

Reactions: 18
Here here! Took me 4 years to progress from BAA to AB. People see the fashion industry and some sort of fairy land and most young girls want to work in a pink office with unicorn statues and pizza vans outside. They all have no idea how mentally and physically gruelling it is. No idea and that makes me so sad.

PLT and Umar are a JOKE.
Yep that hardest jump is from BAA upwards, even the standout girls do 5 years average from my experience. I actually went from MAA to AB in a diff company luckily which I think helped me jump through the levels quickly and bypass the bullshit BAAs have to put up with, but turns out should have just gone on Love Island, silly me!

I wonder if she’s going to sit in sign offs with the teams, throwing questions in at trade!? Can’t quite imagine it?? I’m thinking it can’t possibly be a 9-5 role she’s undertaking.

Reactions: 10
She is so desperate to not be known as Molly Mae from Love Island. Don’t forget where you came from hun.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I appreciate Umars just got engaged with the most elaborate proposal I’ve ever seen but, not a single mention on his social about his new ‘creative director’ says it all….

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.