Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Does it give anyone else the ick when influencers start their videos by telling the viewer to grab a hot drink and get ready for a cosy catch up? I'm not snuggled up, gazing adoringly at the screen. You're probably on in the background while I'm cleaning the toilet.

• Haha
Reactions: 54

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Yeah Adam and Lucy come across really well together imo. He’s one of the few YouTube bf/husbands that I like and respect. Has his own successful career outside of the internet, hasn’t tried to piggyback off of Lucy in the slightest. And features in her videos when it makes sense, but they’ve never tried to be an ‘internet couple’ so it never feels forced or awkward.

Reactions: 33

hannah123

VIP Member
I can’t bring myself to watch the video but from what I’ve seen on Instagram she knew about it, but it won’t fit her narrative if she says that
She says she didn’t know but knew it was coming at some point, which tbh sounds realistic. They’d spoke about getting married and knew they both wanted to, so she knew it would happen but didn’t know it would be on this holiday.

I can understand her point about worrying no one would ever propose. Her last boyfriend before Adam broke up with her on Xmas day after they’d been together years and years, so there was probably a lot of emotional trauma to heal from, & sometimes it doesn’t all go away.

Might be controversial, but I thought it was quite a nice engagement story, nothing ridiculous and unrealistic of him booking her for a fake PR job or booking out hotels like I’ve seen some influencers do, but still special and romantic. & as annoying as Lucy can be, I do think they’re a lovely couple. Of all the YouTube boyfriends I’ve seen, Adam is one of my favourites, he actually has a personality without wanting to take the channel for his own.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

hannah123

VIP Member
I like Lucy but her what I got for Xmas videos are always full of such expensive gifts that I can’t believe she spent years convincing me she was almost working class and didn’t have a lot of money. She’d make comments about spending £20 on something and how it was boujee and she couldn’t believe who she was. Tbh she still does it now, “who do I think I am”, you’re a middle class rich girl Lucy, you owned an expensive London home by your mid 20s, why would a fancy candle shock you?

• Heart
Reactions: 31

JLXRD

VIP Member
I wish she would acknowledge the weight loss and tell us how she did it!
I mean I’m sure she has just been eating less, unless you think she used ozempic or something? I imagine it’s just the normal boring diet answer.

I also don’t think she needs to acknowledge it, it will introduce pressure to ‘keep it off’ if she makes it a big thing or tries to give tips etc. she also has a history of ED so she probably doesn’t want to discuss weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

shezzle

I miss Lucy’s homeware / renovation / clothing / makeup videos. I don’t care at all about how many books she’s read. I keep checking back on her channel to see if I’ve missed anything, but the last three videos are about books again. It’s great she’s talking about what she’s passionate about but I feel like I’ve lost one of my fave YouTubers :(

• Heart
Reactions: 28

fidgetjo

VIP Member
Does anyone else think that Lucy sometimes dresses like she’s a member of some Christian like cult…

1E4128E9-0FB4-4342-8D1B-0F10E2304AD9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Mooncalf

VIP Member
Does it give anyone else the ick when influencers start their videos by telling the viewer to grab a hot drink and get ready for a cosy catch up? I'm not snuggled up, gazing adoringly at the screen. You're probably on in the background while I'm cleaning the toilet.
This is my new favourite comment on tattle because it is just so accurate. If these youtubers really think I'm watching their video and that is the only thing I'm doing they are delusional.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Yikez

At this point she feels like that friend that only contacts you to ask for a favour or to get you into a pyramid scheme. What annoys me the most is that she hides her greet behind the "I'm so relatable, I'm so poor, I'm so quirky' bs. The only reason she's still doing social media is because of the money and I refuse to give her the view.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

Lilykins

VIP Member
I like Lucy but what kind of irks me is when people like her like the most basic of stuff but act as if they are really niche and quirky by liking it. You like Taylor Jenkins Reid and Colleen hoover? Harry styles? Autumn? Gilmore girls? Yeah so do thousands of other people. You arent different!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Vixen88

VIP Member
Yeah I don’t remember her mentioning it and I’ve been watching for years. She’s a bit more level headed than others so maybe she just doesn’t want those type of conversations things online which I wouldn’t blame her for
I think the same. She is still fairly private, as much as we see her house renos, she doesn’t run share a huge amount else about her life. Just that she writes (something?) for a living, originally from the Wirral and visits every so often, has had therapy of some kind for body image issues I think. I think they’re a lovely couple, married, engaged or not, and I’m not sure it’d change them anyway.

Reactions: 23

Threeeyedraven

VIP Member
View attachment 1961998

How about exercising self control in bragging about all the things you're buying when there are people struggling with the cost of living crisis. Guess that wouldn't bother you since alot of your life is free.

Honestly, it wouldn't annoy me as much but she only really appears when she has an ad, showing off free shit or bragging about shit.
It’s her way of trying to be relatable by doing the “lol I spend so much when I’m broke what am I doing” while sat in her £500K+ zone 2 London house with private garden with her well paid partner. Jog on.

• Heart

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Yeah I’ll admit that it’s irrational (as it’s such a harmless thing) - but Disney adults weird me out. Two childless 30 somethings with the means and opportunity to travel anywhere in the world and they’re going to Disney world Florida ?? For the second time lmao. So many exciting beautiful romantic destinations out there. And they’re gonna walk around epcot and ride buzz lightyears wild ride or whatever.

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Im calling an autumnal Salem proposal with a reel set to some Gilmore girls lalalala music 😂

• Haha

martaS

VIP Member
If she works with a bridal shop to show what’s it like and what the process is like that would be good but I don’t want to see a million dresses from asos etc
Same! I also hope she won't try and play her usual "poor Northern lass in London, can only afford a half a million pound cottage, five holidays a year and multiple bottles of niche perfumes for Christmas" card. I would like her to own it up if she has a traditional wedding with bells and whistles, which we all know does cost a fortune. If she wants a designer dress, go for it, but don't pretend she's had to remortgage the house to get it. I hope I am making sense?

• Heart

November_again

VIP Member
I used to really like Lucy but I wish she'd drop her "look at little old me, I'm just a regular person like you!" bullshit. She was most successful when she was relatable. She's not relatable anymore but she's not particularly aspiration either, she's just annoying and smug
There's this huge disconnect that you experience with every Youtuber, once they've figured out how to make money without having to share anything of themselves anymore.
'Here's little old me at a PR event, here's little old me with an affiliate link, here's little old me with a gifted product, here's little old me with an ad'.
And the worst part is, they think they're doing you a favor, because you get "free content". Except, I'm not. I'm getting a free commercial instead of a video and an ad instead of a story about your day. I care about neither.

• Heart
Reactions: 22