Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved her Disney vlogs. Glad she acknowledged how lucky she is with these opportunities. Wonder if Adam will be going with her?
I found the crying about getting to go to an amusement park owned by an evil corporation a bit much tbh

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I loved her Disney vlogs. Glad she acknowledged how lucky she is with these opportunities. Wonder if Adam will be going with her?
I’m sure I read previously that Adam works for a travel company or something to do with Disney?? So may have had something to do with it…

Reactions: 1
I couldn’t be any less interested in watching two adults going around Disney.

Reactions: 15
I don’t really think Lucy deserves this trip. She’s obviously not that enamoured by Disney otherwise she would’ve paid to go back, but instead she has just waited for her second free trip.
And now it totally makes sense why she went to that Disney art gallery a month or so ago.
Sick of seeing influencers get things for free that cost thousands of pounds for everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tbh I thought she said Adam gets free entry so like...just go yourself. Why wait for a sponsorship?

Reactions: 8
I kinda get like Disney is huge they don’t need to pay instagrammers to go for promo and whatever but equally if Disney said to me have a free trip I’m not saying no so I don’t begrudge Lucy / anyone going because I wouldn’t say no hahah

Reactions: 14
Yeah I’ll admit that it’s irrational (as it’s such a harmless thing) - but Disney adults weird me out. Two childless 30 somethings with the means and opportunity to travel anywhere in the world and they’re going to Disney world Florida ?? For the second time lmao. So many exciting beautiful romantic destinations out there. And they’re gonna walk around epcot and ride buzz lightyears wild ride or whatever.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't find Disney adults weird, but I do think Lucy's interest seems fairly superficial and has seemingly only surfaced once she started getting paid by people to like Disney

Reactions: 14
Yeah I’ll admit that it’s irrational (as it’s such a harmless thing) - but Disney adults weird me out. Two childless 30 somethings with the means and opportunity to travel anywhere in the world and they’re going to Disney world Florida ?? For the second time lmao. So many exciting beautiful romantic destinations out there. And they’re gonna walk around epcot and ride buzz lightyears wild ride or whatever.
Buzz Lightyears wild ride sounds kinky...count me in

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There’s certainly nothing wrong with a trip to Disneyland in your 30s - I’d go if I were offered a free ride! But “Disney Adults TM” are definitely a breed apart, I’ve seen some extremely weird and obviously pathological stuff on TikTok that’s suggestive of major emotional issues.

I think it’s fairly obvious Lucy isn’t among them, to be clear! But I do think it’s all a bit symptomatic of the rut she’s getting perilously close to, brand wise. To a significant extent influencer’s audiences age alongside them, I think, rather than constantly picking up new and younger followers. And I think this was probably a major reason that the house renovation content did well. I’d be willing to bet that the Disney stuff and not insignificant amount of similarly cutesy content doesn’t get nearly so much engagement. I totally get that if you don’t have any children yet and take the (entirely respectable) position of keeping relationship type stuff away from social media it probably makes it a lot harder to make transitions for your brand, but I do think she’s on a bit of a hiding to nothing vibewise at the moment. The reality is that most women within a few years either side of her age aren’t terribly interested in stuff like Disney trips, and obviously that is only going to become more the case with time, not less. We do absolutely have more extended adolescences than the generations that precedes us… but there is a limit on that, and I think Lucy has basically skated right up to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Or, you don't stop loving tit the moment you hit 21. Disney adults aren't a thing. Adults who are passionate about things are very common. The guy obsessed with his local football team and follows them around the world, the band groupies who attend every concert, what is the difference?

It is annoying someone who isn't SUPER into Disney gets the free holiday, but I guess they want to expand their marketing (since thats all influencer are). If they show a normal young woman at Disney who isn't a proclaimed Disney nut it reflects well to them targeting the regular non families who might wanna go. It's a good strategy. I sure as heck wouldn't turn it down!

• Heart
Or, you don't stop loving tit the moment you hit 21. Disney adults aren't a thing. Adults who are passionate about things are very common. The guy obsessed with his local football team and follows them around the world, the band groupies who attend every concert, what is the difference?
there’s no difference. But taking any passion and turning it into an obsession and your one personality trait is clearly not healthy.

Reactions: 7
I think there is a meaningful difference between the examples you give and 30 year olds hyper-ventilating and crying because they’ve just seen a faceless individual in a Goofy costume for the first time in 18 months. There is also a meaningful difference between adults who simply get a kick out of Disney and the above, to be entirely fair.

And sure, it’s harmless, I don’t think they should be actively scorned or prevented from enjoying themselves as they see fit. But things can be incongruous - people would, rightly I think, find it odd if there were a cohort of adults who were obsessively and emotionally fixated upon In The Night Garden or Paw Patrol. They’re more extreme examples, yeah. But at a certain point things that are perfectly harmless in and of themselves can still be suggestive of some kind of emotional issue.

Ehhh. I don't know. As someone massively involved in anime and video game fandoms it really doesn't seem that unusual to me to know folks who hyper fixate on characters or franchises. And in the scheme of things, with the world how it is and people how they are, there are far, far worse things than making a fandom your personality. I'd give those people my time of day any day over "regular" people who judge others for their harmless obsessions and passions. By your definition, almost everyone at comic con has an emotional issue :p

Anyway, I'll repeat what I said earlier. I reckon they gave her a Disney holiday to appeal to the "regular" 30 somethings who don't make Disney their whole personality. Ir doesn't seem fair but incompletely get why they've done it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
IMO I think the term “Disney adults” doesn’t really refer just to adults who like Disney, it’s more aimed towards the people who are obsessed with it. I think liking Disney is fine but I hate when you see some of these videos of adults at Disney who kind of take away some of the experience for the little kids. I saw some TikTok’s made by people who work at the parks who said that they had to stop doing some of their random “magic” experiences in the parks as people started feeling entitled to them or requesting them which kind of nullified the point of them and made it impractical for staff to continue. Disney is a great thing to enjoy as an adult but it’s magical for kids and I think that should be taken into consideration.

I only know one person irl that I would class as a Disney adult and she’s honestly the most annoying person I’ve ever met. It’s all she talks about constantly; when she’s next going to a park, how she’s travelling to a primark at x location as they have the new Disney range, what Disney film she’s watching at the weekend. She also semi-joking goes on about how a lot of kids that like Disney aren’t real fans because she likes all the Disney films not just the new Pixar films 🙄 . The thing is is that I (and everyone else in the office) really don’t care and she won’t take the hint.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.