Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

martaS

VIP Member
I like Joanie's but it's one of the moments when life feels unfair: a well-off influencer gets sent stuff for free and I am expected to cough up £60 for a dress from my just-about-higher-than-the-minimum-wage salary? 😳

Last edited:
Reactions: 18

Smca53

VIP Member
I think when she got a fridge that could only be kept in the living room it really confirmed that she’s only here for the ~trendy stuff and not things that actually work for the house and the space.

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
I enjoyed her latest book video! I do like how she gives decent book reviews with some substance rather than an 'omg it's just so GOOD'.

• Heart

Vixen88

VIP Member
There’s a line between say enjoying a Disney movie and trying to make it a quirky personality trait.

Adults who gush about Disney and buy all the merch need to stop infantilising themselves in all honesty. It’s not cute.
I tend to agree. I’m still fond of watching the odd movie and don’t see the problem in the odd bit of Disney stationery or a mug. For me it’s 30 and 40 year old women wetting themselves over Disney tat in Primark. Mickey Mouse sweatshirts, trainers and backpacks, sorry, get a grip.

Greenlentils

VIP Member
I saw the Peleton post and thought I hadn't seen her mention it before.

She's like the rich kid everyone knew at uni who tried their utter best to hide it and then they let something slip and mention their housekeeper or something... (too specific? maybe but I'm sure you catch my drift!)

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
If you thought she was smug before imagine what she'll be like now with a ring on her finger and a (possible) book deal under her belt! 😄

• Haha
  • Wow

martaS

VIP Member
It's not just Lucy but others too - but I find it a bit crass finding links to items you were gifted for Christmas. Making money off affiliate links to things YOU GOT FOR FREE FROM YOUR LOVED ONES? Where is this world going?

Lulubelle

I have been watching some of Lucys home stuff but I find her to be a bit much with her constant "poor-me-feel-sorry-for-me" attitude. It really bothers me, but then again I kind of got a wtf moment years ago when she had a rant in one of her videos about influencers buying designer bags. She was sooooooo normal and poor and relatable, then 5 sec later whipped out a big Mulberry bag (I think it was the Bayswater bag) that she got gifted from a boyfriend. Shortly after that, she made a video about her leaving university to be an influencer as a full-time job. That confused me like, you go about being so relatable and poor and then quit uni without a job/security or anything (at last that she told her views), so must have made quite a bit of money from ads?

I watch her videoes from time to time, but her attitude does put me off at times, she tries too hard to be relatable.

On another note, her bathroom looks ok but would it not be more practical to have a shower instead of a bathtub? I am also wondering why they did the bathroom now, they want to extend the kitchen out in the garden, would that not mean that they have to extend the bathroom as well since it is beside the kitchen?
I'm confused why people think she's poor - I've seen enough hints to show she comes from a comfortable background (what poor person has their parent buy them an almost £300 ring for an adult birthday present?). Also her boyfriend doesn't come across as someone who would pair up with a working class northerner, just saying :LOL:

• Wow

Threeeyedraven

VIP Member
Yeah I don’t remember her mentioning it and I’ve been watching for years. She’s a bit more level headed than others so maybe she just doesn’t want those type of conversations things online which I wouldn’t blame her for

Chickenwingz

I’m really starting to dislike Lucy. She puts in zero effort most of the year but now suddenly when it’s Christmas time and she needs some cash it’s ad ad ad. It’s so ingenuine, the massive fake smile while sprinkling sugar? Pfffft.

Reactions: 17

Vixen88

VIP Member
So they went to Portugal like not even a month ago? For a week? And now are in the US? After already going to NY earlier this year? What charmed little lives some people live...
After getting a new kitchen, all in the same year.
I do like Lucy, but don’t go crying poor mate.

Keikochan

VIP Member
She’s not an average girl any more, we know more about her background and plus what average girl can afford to buy in London? I think she’s worked out whatever she puts out in inauthentic so she might as well just take the pay checks and run
When she said average, I thought she meant average size in fashion being a 12-16 UK sizing.

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
I love reading and books.

It's not the change in video that's the issue, it's the change in personality for whatever shit video she's doing. Whether that's books, Disney, fashion, DIY (or redoing DIY when she gets offered free shit). Yes, you can like all these things but I genuinely don't believe she does. She's very disingenuous and frankly, quite unlikeable now.

It's the lack of uploads unless it's an ad.

It's the fake person she's become or has always been and was just better at hiding it?

Case in point:

Posts about returning to YouTube followed by an ad:

Screenshot_20230627_123843_com.instagram.android.jpg

So I'm taking a guess that this ad will feature in the YouTube video.

• Haha
  • Angry

dressagediva

Those heinous long denim skirts should never have made a comeback. They were rancid the first time around.

fidgetjo

VIP Member
Not Lucy, just someone that never got the impression she was whining. There's plenty to criticise about Lucy, but I actually thought her mid-size content was really good and she was never saying her body type was good OR bad, just that it was how she was and that should be ok.
I agree. I enjoyed her midsized fashion videos. I think we all have had things about our bodies we don’t like & Lucy defo mentioned some of the things she struggled with but usually it was in a positive way that she was trying to become more comfortable in her body as it naturally is. Not everyone is made to be stick thin… her content was very much about how to dress to feel confident in your body so I defo don’t see that as complaining about your body.

LemonPledge

Chatty Member
I remember when she first mentioned her and Adam wanted to buy a house she said she'd be doing a few more ads to help save for a deposit and I thought fair enough, she's been transparent and it's for an important life goal, but I think she's now become hooked on the ad revenue and got lazy with the easy money so doesn't put effort into any content that doesn't have a sponsor.

• Sad

peekachu

Chatty Member
I’m in the minority here but I think they’ve done the best with the room they had. It is a small space so their options were limited. My old flat had a teeny tiny kitchen with less storage and it was okay for 2 people! You soon realise what utensils/appliances are necessary and which ones to get rid of (looking at you, spiralizer..)

I really like her design choices in each room separately, although she has gone a bit overboard with the chevron/parquet pattern. Living room, bathroom and now the kitchen.. it must be like walking through a golden/beige kaleidoscope 🙈

• Haha