Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bupbupamericano

I’m so fed up with this woman. Remember when these people first started out? They were the girls next door, showing us what they picked up from Boots or Topshop, not wearing £100 face creams or wearing £200 jumpers. Their content was fun and it felt like watching a friend go through their bags from town, it was exciting. They’ve turned into absolute monsters.

• Heart
Reactions: 97

dreamer1069

Ok, aside from Lily’s always on snorefest content, drab filters and try hard photos with no one gives a shit captions, there is another reason why I despise her.

A few years ago a friend of mine lost her husband. She was 28 and he died just over a year into their marriage of brain cancer. Before the husband died, my friend had started up her own jewellery company. Her stuff is beautiful, very dainty, semi precious and precious stones etc. Whilst she was mourning she stopped making jewellery and about year after the husband died she restarted her business, dedicating her work to him as he has pushed her to pursue her dreams.
My friend has a mutual friend with Lily, so got in touch with her and asked her to support her. She told her her story.
Lily said no.
She said the brand wasn’t established enough (aka my friend couldn’t pay her stupidly enormous fees). Imagine how little it would have taken for lily to accept the jewellery and post on thing on her Instagram? It would have taken her no time at all and meant the world to my friend.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 89

LA2019

Watched the vlog and will summarise below:

- They go for a walk - Rich pushes the buggy
- Buggy is broken and only Rich can dismantle it as Lily 'breaks her fingers' whenever she tries
- Rich goes out to get onions for their dinner
- Rich is shown chopping veg/making dinner
- Rich takes Grey out to play in the garden
- Rich cleans Grey's car which has gotten dirty because the tarp they use to cover it blew off
- Rich takes Grey out for a bike ride - Lily doesn't understand why Grey wants to go outside because it's colder than Antartica in North London
- Lily makes couscous to go with their dinner because Rich doesn't make it right
- Lily is seen lolling on the sofa whilst Rich brings her water bottle
- Lily was in a bad mood at the start of the vlog but says you probably didn't notice because you tubers are good at putting on a 'vlogging voice' (you can totally notice)
- Lily needs to wash her hair - she talks about it throughout the vlog - Saturday night is hair wash night
- Lily is not pregnant but she is on her period
- Cupboard of dreams are already messed up and she should 'probably' sort them out
- Lily bought a garlic pot from Zara but it's not big enough for a large bulb of garlic
- Lily shrunk her H&M home linen table runner
- Lily bought two new ugly plates from either H&M or Zara (I forget)

Think that basically covers the entire snoozefest of a vlog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Whoa, just shut up about being bored in your boring life with your boring mind. If you’re bored that means you have TIME and you can PICK something lovely that you want to do! (Sorry, this post hit a nerve. I’m swamped this month.)View attachment 405008
This is so enraging.

Yes, there is no soft play or classes for kids and the weather is a bit naff and it mostly boils down to going for a walk.

But jeez check your bloody privilege! You and your husband work from home, you don't have to put yourselves at risk in this pandemic, you earn a ridiculous salary for doing nothing, you can afford to rent bloody soft play to entertain your child, you can not only afford to feed your family but you get sent free food too, neither of you have lost your jobs, you don't have to wear PPE all day, I could go on and on.

Just shut up Lily, please shut up.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 63

palmer

Chatty Member
I'm not in the UK but I can see all the reviews. Really hope Lils has taken a look at them.

Tbh I have never listened to this podcast and never will. But I genuinely can't believe these two women are making thousands of pounds just from recording a glorified weekly catch-up phone call between two friends. There is NO work or effort going into this at all. They just sit in their living room and chit chat about random things, which they probably would do anyway even if they couldn't make money out of it. They literally have nothing to bring to the table and they continuously rehash the same topics they've gone through millions of times already, both on their individual platforms and together. Uni days, throwback 90s, 'bring your husband to work' day, how many times can they make money saying the same things over and over again?

These two women have literally been in the same ass relationships pretty much their whole lives--they have no authority giving relationship/dating tips. They've been out of school for nearly 10 years and didn't even do anything with their degrees--they have no authority talking about anything education related. Neither of them know anything about makeup (they've been wearing the same exact look for a decade)--they have no authority talking about beauty. Finally, they make hundreds of thousands of pounds every year from this bullshit online career of theirs and virtually everything they own has been gifted to them--they don't actually know shit about saving/getting on the property ladder/renovating that any of us mortals could learn from; everything is just handed out to them so it's not like they have to think anything through. If this career hadn't fallen into their laps through sheer luck, they wouldn't have half of things they have now because they aren't actually smart enough to make thought-out, informed decisions (case in point: Lily is already regretting her renos).

We need to stop giving these white, privileged, rich, mediocre people a platform and a voice. The only reason they can get away with such basic, mediocre content is because of their privilege. There is no merit there at all.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 59

palmer

Chatty Member
The only way I can see this changing is if more people stop watching and engaging with Lily. I appreciate all those that screengrab her content b/c I refuse point blank to engage in any of her social media "content". I thought her IG followers declined to 434 at one point but now its back up again. Who are these people who have discovered her and thought she was worth following???
Back when GG wasn't such a laggy, glitchy mess, I used to be most active on Lily's thread. She was and still remains, to me, the most infuriating person on the internet. Ignorant, bratty, ungrateful, unintelligent, privileged, unaware, stingy, grumpy, dull, tone-deaf, arrogant. I could really go on. Honestly I don't see any redeeming qualities to her. There's plenty of influencers I despise but if I really think about it I usually can find at least one or two aspects of their personality that, maybe, perhaps, could be appealing to the uninformed viewer. But not for her. Anyway, a year or two ago I quit GG to move on to Tattle, and simultaneously decided to unfollow Lily on everything. I unsubscribed from her channel and unfollowed her on instagram. I hadn't been watching her videos for a while (I refuse to give her views, even with Adblock on), but she still had such a negative impact on my life--just seeing her stories day-to-day would legitimately make my blood boil, for she somehow managed to say or do offensive things almost on a daily basis (an impressive achievement, when you think about it). After I unfollowed her, I felt so much better, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders lmao. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but when someone literally pisses you off everyday, even virtually, it honestly can put a genuine strain on you. Anyway, now I just check out this thread every now and again to see what's up, and I can see that nothing's changed. The only thing that satisfies me is seeing her statistics. As much as I wished for it, I genuinely didn't think she would ever get such low views (at least not anytime soon), but her viewcount has truly PLUMMETED over the past couple of years and boy am I happy to see it. Don't get me wrong, it's still far more than she deserves. But as I've mentioned previously on this thread, I vividly remember when Gleam displayed statistics on their "talent" profiles, and Lily's said her average views were 117K per video. To see that she now gets LESS than half of that on average (I've just calculated the average for her last 10 videos: she got an average of 57K views per video) is truly something. In 2-3 years she's halved the amount of views she gets. I can only hope more and more people continue to drop her. Unsubscribe, unfollow, don't click on her videos. Of course you can still have a look every now again for the goss and nosiness (as I do), but I'd rather check on her when I decide that I feel like it rather than have her interfere with my day incessantly whenever she decides to post a story--now the ball is in my court. Trust me y'all, you'll be happier without this moanster in your life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
"I have a friend who works in the same industry as I do and we should be supporting each other but she never promotes my work, she constantly puts me down, and seems to think hers are the only opinions that count! She's even so petty that she doesn't follow me on Peloton, how should I address it with her?"

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Lily always feels the need to post a behind a scenes and label the most basic equipment. If I did that at my desk job, my manager would have a word with me 😂
Anna and her are smashing it today. Anna managed to get dressed and Lily managed to identify all objects at her desk. #itgirl #girlpower #owningit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

MoniC

Chatty Member
I recently heard someone say "people will keep the style from the phase in their life they felt most comfortable in", for example women who were teenagers in the 80s and still rock the poofy hair. I think Lily is doing something similar, but you can see it more in the way she behaves than how she styles herself.
To me it's obvious she wishes she could still live like the she did when she was a teenager, hence the neverending stories about her youth, on the podcast, in videos, etc. She seems to have had a carefree youth, spoiled as the youngest child, no committments and obligations. I feel like her family expected her to get married, buy a house, have kids and she did just that because her two sisters have done the same thing. I don't doubt she also wanted these things, but had a very unrealistic idea of how they would go.

She likes the IDEA of being married, but can't deal with someone being in close quarters to her 24/7.
She still fries the everliving daylights out of her hair because that's the way she did it in her teenage years and can't emotionally let go and adopt healthier habits.
She likes the IDEA of being a mother, but didn't expect all of the negatives that come with it and freaks out if Grey doesn't behave the way she wants. The incessant stories about her making a mess and toys being everywhere and even building huge shelves to erase every trace of a kid living there.
To be honest I'd be miserable too if the way of living that I've been taught is the best, the one and only doesn't actually turn out to be "the one". I think she slowly started to realize that when her daughter was born and it wasn't all daisies and sunshine and wishes herself back to when she wasn't feeling so miserable, like in her teenage years.

I know she can be insufferably moany but sometimes I understand why she acts the way she does, even if I absolutely don't feel sorry for her. I don't throw this around lightly as I have dealt with it myself, but I think talking to someone (therapist, councellor) could help her realize why she feels miserable and that it's not normal to be moody 24/7.

Tl;dr: I think Lily's incessant rambling about how great her youth was is a coping mechanism because the life she leads isn't what it was hyped up to be. I have seen it within my own family and it can not only make yourself miserable, but (take it from me) can fuck up your kids aswell and make them feel unwanted...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

pinkvase

Well, I listened to their new podcast episode so you don't have to! I had never listened to it before but am feeling quite down today, and needed a laugh, so I thought "why not?". Here is a breakdown for your reading pleasure:

• They are going on a 4 week hiatus because doing weekly episodes is too much and they’re re-structuring the podcast.
  • When Lily and Rich first moved in together Rich was shocked at how bad Lily was at taking care of herself, and Lily was shocked at how “well-trained” Rich was.
  • Rich and Lily went through a bad phase where she felt like they weren’t on the same team because Lily would exaggerate stories to friends and Rich would call out her bullshit.
  • Both of them suffer from imposter syndrome all the time. Anna says that Lily is good at being authoritative (but not in a way that pisses people off, she’s just confident. Lol.) Lily admires that Anna respects people and is not rude to them.
  • Anna believes that positive attracts positive and that you should always have positive thinking. Lily vehemently agrees.
  • Lily refuses to wear thongs. Is shocked that Anna wears thongs at home.
  • Sex after a baby: No judgment on how long people wait before they have sex again after birth. Lily and Rich waited for a long time because they were too busy with life. When they finally did it again it was very uncomfortable and it hurt her C-Section scar, but she says it’s probably worse for people who have a natural birth. Lily wonders if sex after birth can be worse than losing your virginity. (??)
  • Lily says that Anna is the best at dealing with criticism and that Lily used to be alright but is now the worst. Anna says fuck! Don’t think I have ever heard her cuss the whole time I’ve been following her? Anna doesn’t care about criticism if it’s something she doesn’t agree with, but takes it personally if it’s something she’s sensitive about.
  • Still about criticism, Lily says that if something said about her that she knows is true she allows herself to feel bad about it and “poor Rich who has to deal with that” but then she leans into it and what she can do about it because she is “all about the feedback” and loves to turn the negative into a positive.
  • The only experience Lily has with being cheated on is when she was 15 and her then-boyfriend cheated. Anna’s boyfriend cheated on her when she was 18 by having a threesome, and Anna had FOMO and felt left out…
  • Both of them say they love casually flirting with other men (Anna "had a thing going" with her optician).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49

cocoblush

I've just seen a post on the 'At Home with Lily and Anna Facebook page where one fan wrote that given how Zoella got backlash for promoting sex toys, Lily and Anna should talk about masturbation and related topics in a podcast!. A lot of their fans seem to think that is good idea :rolleyes: I can't think of two people who would be less qualified to talk about mastrubation than these two. I'm sure all we would get is Lily and Anna giggling like 12 year old girls throughout the discussion🤦‍♀️.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
Well, you meet who you meet whenever you meet them. I don’t see an issue in general with meeting your partner early as long as you’re happy, but I do find it really annoying that Lily and Anna sound like they pity people their age if they don’t have a partner. Not everyone wants the tick-box life. I was single for years and years before I met my partner, and I wasn’t looking for anyone, but just fell in love. I find it so important to be happy with oneself before entering a relationship, and Lily and Anna don’t seem to think so. They come across as thinking life is incomplete unless you have a spouse.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Winning thread title from @CheshireLove

Recap:

In an effort to revive her failing career, Lily has been attempting to reinvent herself as 'Mummy Blogger extraordinaire.' Spoiler alert: It's not working. Lily's YouTube views are falling fast. (Especially in comparison to Anna's, ha!)
Lily bought a Peloton. She bought her Peloton before Anna bought a Peloton. It is her Peloton. The Peloton is for her use only.
Lily made a big secret about buying a Peloton because...well, apart from using this as podcast click bait, nobody knows.
Rich has been feeling down of late, so in order to cheer him up, Lily has forced her husband to undertake a daily sad fake commute.
Rich is not permitted to use the Peloton as Lily and Rich are actively trying for baby number 2. *Cystitis ahoy!*
Still no sign of baby number 2, but any day now, as having another baby in 2021 is on the to-do list.
Rich still doesn't have a desk. Maybe the reason he is so down in the dumps?
Lily has better taste in music than you. It's a London thing!
Tattlers have concluded that Lily definitely reads here. One Tattler thinks that Lily may have even joined in the chat!

Anything I missed from the recap? (very likely as I barely watch Lily's YouTube videos and rarely listen to the podcast) Add it in the comments!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

Loopiloo

2EF8BA02-A6E1-4CB7-8F6C-A4380542FDFC.jpeg

here she goes again 🙄 hair grows about 6 inches a year. If she’s not seeing significant hair growth in 2 years, she’s obviously wrecking her hair with chemicals and heat. Stop whinging, and like others have said, take advantage of lockdown to restore your hair’s health. Simple solution!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 45