Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Readread

VIP Member
Cheer up hun

0355688E-84AC-4D02-BBD4-35D4722FE5CE.png

To be fair my face would look like that if I was wearing that hideous top, too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45

CuriousAndCurioser

Lol ladies and gentlemen a peloton review lolol

important takeaway was her legs are very weak after having Grey lol whatever lady...she still doesn’t know how to get down from her bike so I guess Rich has to help her
The thing that strikes me the most is right at the beginning: Rich has wanted one for ages by Lily said “no way, this is a luxury for people with home gyms”, but then with the lockdowns, she thought it would be a good thing for her to get into working out.

He wanted one so no, no way. She wanted one, so it happened.

Also, she thinks that spin classes only happen in Central London, and she’s such a busy Mum that she had to buy the Peloton to do it at home.

I live in Surrey and my two local gyms do spin classes, BUT OK.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 44

RG1986

Listened to their podcast for the first time today because I love interiors...blimey, it's all so confused. She seems to regret everything - colour of the kitchen, standard of the aluminium windows, grey tiles in bathroom, grouting, carpet, fridge freezer, sofa, rotting windows....then in the same breath they both give tips on how to avoid falling for interior trends?! Eh, irony? Anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 43

CuriousAndCurioser

Anna had mentioned the Get Sorted app several times in the past weeks. Several times. Now Lily raves about it and credits a listener of the podcast, no mention of Anna. Can’t be more unashamedly copying Anna.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

dutchover

Maybe we should collectively not say anything here for a week and see what she does when left to her own devices.

• Haha
  • Heart

CheshireLove

VIP Member
She actually filmed herself wiping filth off the skirting boards in her daughters bedroom. Every day is a new low with her. Filthy mare.

I’m so fed up with this woman. Remember when these people first started out? They were the girls next door, showing us what they picked up from Boots or Topshop, not wearing £100 face creams or wearing £200 jumpers. Their content was fun and it felt like watching a friend go through their bags from town, it was exciting. They’ve turned into absolute monsters.
Yes! Barry M Nailpolish, Smashbox Primer... now look. Pelotons and cashmere socks.

• Heart

Loopiloo

Winning thread title from @CheshireLove

Recap:

In an effort to revive her failing career, Lily has been attempting to reinvent herself as 'Mummy Blogger extraordinaire.' Spoiler alert: It's not working. Lily's YouTube views are falling fast. (Especially in comparison to Anna's, ha!)
Lily bought a Peloton. She bought her Peloton before Anna bought a Peloton. It is her Peloton. The Peloton is for her use only.
Lily made a big secret about buying a Peloton because...well, apart from using this as podcast click bait, nobody knows.
Rich has been feeling down of late, so in order to cheer him up, Lily has forced her husband to undertake a daily sad fake commute.
Rich is not permitted to use the Peloton as Lily and Rich are actively trying for baby number 2. *Cystitis ahoy!*
Still no sign of baby number 2, but any day now, as having another baby in 2021 is on the to-do list.
Rich still doesn't have a desk. Maybe the reason he is so down in the dumps?
Lily has better taste in music than you. It's a London thing!
Tattlers have concluded that Lily definitely reads here. One Tattler thinks that Lily may have even joined in the chat!

Anything I missed from the recap? (very likely as I barely watch Lily's YouTube videos and rarely listen to the podcast) Add it in the comments!
Sterling recap!

I’d like to add that she thought it was appropriate to complain about how “dull” her well stocked fridge was in the midst of the free school meals scandal. If I remember correctly, this story was swiftly deleted after some backlash

• Angry
Reactions: 41

elchapo

I’m screaming at her latest story about it being so called bad ettiquete to share a recipe from a book, with added swipe up link below. No babe, you just can’t make commish on sharing and it’s SO obvious that’s how you feel and why you won’t - you can see straight through her. I swear, these sad bastards and their swipe up links are by far the worst thing about Instagram for me.

• Haha

VNaylor

Chatty Member
The podcast needs to die a death. Who would see either of them as ‘Agony Aunts’ with their highly limited / sheltered life experience, narrow views and severe lack of commonsense (Lily’s constant no one told me and Anna buying a megabucks house that’s falling apart).

I was reading some of the podcast reviews today, and people absolutely raving about them - ‘so funny I nearly wet my pants’. Say what! Are they all Gleam plants too?

• Haha
  • Heart
Whoa, just shut up about being bored in your boring life with your boring mind. If you’re bored that means you have TIME and you can PICK something lovely that you want to do! (Sorry, this post hit a nerve. I’m swamped this month.)
Ugh, I feel you. I have about 34598345 deadlines coming up, and it makes me laugh (with rage, is that a thing?) when Instagrammers like Lily post their to do lists. Anna is particularly bad at this – she adds such basic stuff like 'Have lunch', 'Make dinner.' Can't they realise how pathetic they sound? Their job is not a real job, so why do they pretend it is?

• Heart

Pansypotts

VIP Member
“it’s her journey” has finished me off 🤣🤣

Lily is notorious for being a lazy shit when it comes to exercise and she openly admits that herself. She’s not on her journey she’s on a middle class bang wagon.

For a beginner and someone that says they are unfit there’s literally nothing wrong with her output, cadence or resistance.

It’s her journey and she was more than likely keeping in the ranges set by the instructor and if not - it’s her journey!

God it’s like the awful showing off that takes place on the U.K. peloton FB groups - people putting others down and bragging about their outputs - so bloody boring - literally unless you are know someone’s fitness levels, medical issues AND are a fully qualified spin or fitness instructor, don’t push your own stats onto someone else starting their fitness journey OR just doing their own thing without their own comfort zone.

Yes I have a peloton and yes I think others calling out others ‘low’ stars is super wanky 🥱🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

VNaylor

Chatty Member
Whoa, just shut up about being bored in your boring life with your boring mind. If you’re bored that means you have TIME and you can PICK something lovely that you want to do! (Sorry, this post hit a nerve. I’m swamped this month.)View attachment 405008
Copying Anna again with the hair clips!
Which look as silly on Lily as they do on Anna

• Haha

LA2019

I'm not going to lie - I would love a Peloton but cannot justify the cost of it plus I love going to actual spin classes and can't wait until my gym reopens so I can get back to my twice weekly classes.

I live in London not central where Lily seems to think all the Spin classes are - there are spin classes are most local leisure centres/private gyms but Lily only seems to think that flashy central London ones count as proper spin classes. I'm a mum and do the majority of childcare (whilst working) as my partner works away for most weeks in the month. Do I find a way to make it happen - yes because it's a priority for me more of my mental health than physical health.

Am I, or majority of spin classmates, bra wearing/ab showing off people - NO - because this is literally just the imagery that companies use in marketing and does NOT reflect the majority of people in the real world. Do I feel judged going into a class because I'm not a size 10, ab showing off person. Hell no. Because I honestly don't think that anyone in my class gives me a second thought - I'm really not that important to other people and if they were to judge me then that says a lot about them than it does about me. It strikes me as odd that she would even bring this up as an issue at her age. My spin class is full of people of all sizes, ages etc - begs the question is Lily the kind of person who would judge someone for being a space that she feels they don't belong?

A few more observations on her review (disclaimer, i didn't get to the end because it was so boring) 1) her reformer pilates class is not in her 'local' area - it's two areas over from where she lives. There is NOTHING of any note in her actual area. 2) she is lucky to have the figure she has given that exercise has never been a priority for her.

Do I wish her well on her Peloton journey? Absolutely, I think it's good for people to have a physical hobby they enjoy. Do I think the Peloton will last? No, because fundamentally she doesn't really like it and just got it because she needed to have one before Anna.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Evabee

I hope Rich writes in
“My wife won’t let me have a desk and keeps my balls in her handbag, what should I do?”

• Haha

palmer

Chatty Member
I'm not in the UK but I can see all the reviews. Really hope Lils has taken a look at them.

Tbh I have never listened to this podcast and never will. But I genuinely can't believe these two women are making thousands of pounds just from recording a glorified weekly catch-up phone call between two friends. There is NO work or effort going into this at all. They just sit in their living room and chit chat about random things, which they probably would do anyway even if they couldn't make money out of it. They literally have nothing to bring to the table and they continuously rehash the same topics they've gone through millions of times already, both on their individual platforms and together. Uni days, throwback 90s, 'bring your husband to work' day, how many times can they make money saying the same things over and over again?

These two women have literally been in the same ass relationships pretty much their whole lives--they have no authority giving relationship/dating tips. They've been out of school for nearly 10 years and didn't even do anything with their degrees--they have no authority talking about anything education related. Neither of them know anything about makeup (they've been wearing the same exact look for a decade)--they have no authority talking about beauty. Finally, they make hundreds of thousands of pounds every year from this bullshit online career of theirs and virtually everything they own has been gifted to them--they don't actually know shit about saving/getting on the property ladder/renovating that any of us mortals could learn from; everything is just handed out to them so it's not like they have to think anything through. If this career hadn't fallen into their laps through sheer luck, they wouldn't have half of things they have now because they aren't actually smart enough to make thought-out, informed decisions (case in point: Lily is already regretting her renos).

We need to stop giving these white, privileged, rich, mediocre people a platform and a voice. The only reason they can get away with such basic, mediocre content is because of their privilege. There is no merit there at all.
I feel like the dude with a sign is listening to me.

This message is surely directed at Anna and Lily 👇

42379FE2-D6B7-4E32-B616-82F9E01BB064.png

• Haha
  • Heart