Lily Pebbles #18 Thinking about baby number 2, hey Rich, pull the tampons out of MY loo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a bit OT for Lily's thread - but I need to vent! Like a lot of us here, I've been really tiring of these influencers, their constant begging, and their entirely gifted lifestyles. I decided to look for some smaller accounts to follow, and recently found a home renovation Instagram account that I've been enjoying. I don't even know the face behind the account, as it's purely an interiors account, but I have picked up that the person works full-time and appears to have a fairly large disposable income. She has been renovating the house on her own dime and can definitely afford nice things. The account has been refreshingly free of ads and freebies.

Lately I've been noticing that she's been gifted a few things (lighting, paint, flowers - nothing major). However, this morning, she has been on Instagram blatantly begging (tagging the brand) for a rug that costs £1,500. I had to post this here as I was tempted to message her about it. The only reason to tag the brand is to get their attention and try and bag a freebie, right? I don't know if she has the following to bag an expensive freebie, but I guess I'll wait and see if the rug shows up as #gifted in a few weeks time.

Just needed to get that off my chest!

It seems that nobody can resist the lure of the freebie!
They now have influencer community or almost union instagram account, where they teach them how to be a good influencer, get the top pay for your content etc I bet they teach them how to beg too.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Yup. I used to really like Cate St Hill, but lately absolutely everything is gifted. She moaned about the white painted floors in her house for ages, and surprise surprise a company gives her some new flooring for free. She moaned about how uncomfortable her sofa was, and a fancy new sofa arrives. They never got round to having their wood burner fitted, and guess what? Someone does it for free! I would be much more willing to buy products she recommends/showcases if I knew she'd actually spent her own money on it rather than waiting for someone to offer it up to her.
The bed and the paint in the nursey, the lamp shade that she moaned....Moaning is influencers' currency

Reactions: 3
Has anyone listened to the podcast?
No, but read the description and very interested to hear their views on cheating (have they ever cheated/been cheated on) and sex after birth (Lily has previously said that her post-Grey sex life was non-existent).

• Wow
Reactions: 6
It was nice to see her in some colour she looks good in it, but it’s completely undone by the mess of her hair! How can she look like she has really cakey make up on, but also like she is wearing none and is just super greasy. Since I’m being petty I’ll just add this too I hate the prism filter she uses all the time! Look at my new sweater... I can’t bloody see it properly because you’ve used this stupid filter 😂😂😂 rant over haha

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Well, I listened to their new podcast episode so you don't have to! I had never listened to it before but am feeling quite down today, and needed a laugh, so I thought "why not?". Here is a breakdown for your reading pleasure:

• They are going on a 4 week hiatus because doing weekly episodes is too much and they’re re-structuring the podcast.
  • When Lily and Rich first moved in together Rich was shocked at how bad Lily was at taking care of herself, and Lily was shocked at how “well-trained” Rich was.
  • Rich and Lily went through a bad phase where she felt like they weren’t on the same team because Lily would exaggerate stories to friends and Rich would call out her bullshit.
  • Both of them suffer from imposter syndrome all the time. Anna says that Lily is good at being authoritative (but not in a way that pisses people off, she’s just confident. Lol.) Lily admires that Anna respects people and is not rude to them.
  • Anna believes that positive attracts positive and that you should always have positive thinking. Lily vehemently agrees.
  • Lily refuses to wear thongs. Is shocked that Anna wears thongs at home.
  • Sex after a baby: No judgment on how long people wait before they have sex again after birth. Lily and Rich waited for a long time because they were too busy with life. When they finally did it again it was very uncomfortable and it hurt her C-Section scar, but she says it’s probably worse for people who have a natural birth. Lily wonders if sex after birth can be worse than losing your virginity. (??)
  • Lily says that Anna is the best at dealing with criticism and that Lily used to be alright but is now the worst. Anna says duck! Don’t think I have ever heard her cuss the whole time I’ve been following her? Anna doesn’t care about criticism if it’s something she doesn’t agree with, but takes it personally if it’s something she’s sensitive about.
  • Still about criticism, Lily says that if something said about her that she knows is true she allows herself to feel bad about it and “poor Rich who has to deal with that” but then she leans into it and what she can do about it because she is “all about the feedback” and loves to turn the negative into a positive.
  • The only experience Lily has with being cheated on is when she was 15 and her then-boyfriend cheated. Anna’s boyfriend cheated on her when she was 18 by having a threesome, and Anna had FOMO and felt left out…
  • Both of them say they love casually flirting with other men (Anna "had a thing going" with her optician).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Well, I listened to their new podcast episode so you don't have to! I had never listened to it before but am feeling quite down today, and needed a laugh, so I thought "why not?". Here is a breakdown for your reading pleasure:

• They are going on a 4 week hiatus because doing weekly episodes is too much and they’re re-structuring the podcast.
  • When Lily and Rich first moved in together Rich was shocked at how bad Lily was at taking care of herself, and Lily was shocked at how “well-trained” Rich was.
  • Rich and Lily went through a bad phase where she felt like they weren’t on the same team because Lily would exaggerate stories to friends and Rich would call out her bullshit.
  • Both of them suffer from imposter syndrome all the time. Anna says that Lily is good at being authoritative (but not in a way that pisses people off, she’s just confident. Lol.) Lily admires that Anna respects people and is not rude to them.
  • Anna believes that positive attracts positive and that you should always have positive thinking. Lily vehemently agrees.
  • Sex after a baby: No judgment on how long people wait before they have sex again after birth. Lily and Rich waited for a long time because they were too busy with life. When they finally did it again it was very uncomfortable and it hurt her C-Section scar, but she says it’s probably worse for people who have a natural birth. Lily wonders if sex after birth can be worse than losing your virginity. (??)
  • Lily says that Anna is the best at dealing with criticism and that Lily used to be alright but is now the worst. Anna says duck! Don’t think I have ever heard her cuss the whole time I’ve been following her? Anna doesn’t care about criticism if it’s something she doesn’t agree with, but takes it personally if it’s something she’s sensitive about.
  • Still about criticism, Lily says that if something said about her that she knows is true she allows herself to feel bad about it and “poor Rich who has to deal with that” but then she leans into it and what she can do about it because she is “all about the feedback” and loves to turn the negative into a positive.
  • The only experience Lily has with being cheated on is when she was 15 and her then-boyfriend cheated. Anna’s boyfriend cheated on her when she was 18 by having a threesome, and Anna had FOMO and felt left out…
  • Both of them say they love casually flirting with other men (Anna "had a thing going" with her optician).
Also had a listen - but couldn't make it to the end because it was so bad. I honestly don't think they should do the agony aunt concept as neither of them have enough life experience or the vulnerability to speak honestly of any experiences they may have had to produce something of any value. So many of the questions they were like 'talk to your friends - see what they say about x, y and z' or 'we're both so lucky that we've been with our partners for such a long time or that we have such great in-laws'. The point when Lily deferred to Anna re: sex after having a baby asking that as Anna 'not having kids' ever thinks about what sex after a baby would be like. Now, maybe Lily was trying to include Anna in the dialogue but how strange is that? It also felt like neither of them had really read, considered or prepared answers for the questions.

I think taking a hiatus and actually WORKING on a proper structure for the podcast is a good idea.

Reactions: 25
I think taking a hiatus and actually WORKING on a proper structure for the podcast is a good idea.
Does it mean they are going to read through all the reviews? Poor Rich has to deal with her mood.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

The only experience Lily has with being cheated on is when she was 15 and her then-boyfriend cheated. Anna’s boyfriend cheated on her when she was 18 by having a threesome, and Anna had FOMO and felt left out…
I have to listen to this myself, but am I right in thinking that Anna wasn't so much upset that her boyfriend cheated on her, but was instead upset that he didn't ask her to partake in the threesome?! First bum-poking and now this. I'm starting to think Anna has a wild side. It's always the quiet ones...

I wonder if that's the same boyfriend Lily went on holiday with (along with one other couple) when she was 15? Bummer, Lils.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Why would that be shocking? They're pants?

Clearly Rich just gets on top in missionary. And wtf?

Doubt it, Anna.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Both of them suffer from imposter syndrome all the time. Anna says that Lily is good at being authoritative (but not in a way that pisses people off, she’s just confident. Lol.) Lily admires that Anna respects people and is not rude to them.
WOW. Imagine admiring someone for doing the bare minimum it takes to be a decent human being. WOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I swear Lily used to get Bonne Maman ads.. she even had the advent calendar right??

Reactions: 14
She looks so old (??) in that IG. You’d think wearing something bright for a change would give her a fresher look but the hair and make up just ruins the whole vibe. I think I just can’t look beyond her ugly personality/attitude anymore.

Reactions: 17
She looks so old (??) in that IG. You’d think wearing something bright for a change would give her a fresher look but the hair and make up just ruins the whole vibe. I think I just can’t look beyond her ugly personality/attitude anymore.
It's her face. She's such a bad person that it translates into her facial expression. Her Resting witch Face is next level.
She looks puffy and dry and crusty, I honestly don't understand how people still find her pretty haha.

Even if she had good hair and make up I would find her butt ugly honestly.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.