Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

laynelo_

VIP Member
Didnt realise this was a rave thread now that's she had a baby 🙄
Well, we’re making nice comments about her birth announcement. Are we to slag her child or what?🤣 Still, Jamie’s thread has always been very tame, she’s pretty neutral when it comes to influencers and has very little drama surrounding her. This is the most action her threads have had in a long time. People are allowed to have nuanced opinions about people, disagree and agree with what they do and say without outright hating them or being a total fan.

I think most of us here fall in camp ‘whatever’ when it comes to Jamie, she’s either your cup or tea or not but she’s objectively not even as half as bad as other influencers.

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Heyarnold

As much as she annoys me, I'm actually buzzing for them. Lovley wee pregnancy announcement

Iv acrtually been dreading her announcing it, iv had two losses and it triggers me when insee celebs announce their pregnsncy ..but in a shocking coincidence I found out this week I am pregnant too so might actually go backl to following her!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59

Heyarnold

That new video has set me tight off.

The heartbreak of seeing a negative pregnancy test literally stings me. I feel she acknowledged its not as simple as one or two goes then bam your pregnant

This could be the making of her

• Heart
Reactions: 47

xoxogossip_girl

VIP Member
I actually think her pregnancy reveal and gender reveal were beautiful. Very simple, not a massive production.

I think this really could be the making of her and Jack. That will be a very lucky loved girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

weeboldyin41

Chatty Member
To echo what I said earlier about her reveal, that gender reveal is one of my faves I think I’ve ever seen. Very simple and sweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

sjo

I read this and laughed.
They’ve fully press released this to make it seem like a big deal. Her quote ‘ I have more followers than the population of Glasgow’

Basically they’ve been trying for over a year to attract more investment - last year they took out a bank loan for whatever reason - must have needed a cash injection - that was after 2 separate venture capitalist investments to start the company.

If you look into the actual funding, it’s £2.9mil - so no idea where the £5.5m number is from - in fact it’s probably just added on to the initial investment they’ve already burnt through.

Also these investors get their cash back before anyone else. They’ve reported this like it’s cash in the bank for her, rather than money needed to pay salaries and make a better website, and try target the US market. That’s why you can spot a press release a mile off.

Their finances aren’t exciting at all, and the traffic to their website is meh. The vast majority of beauty brands fail. It takes huge sums of investment to make something stick. I just can’t see it. She’s not suddenly walking round with £5m. The company turned an £80k profit in the last tax year. A more realistic headline would mention that the company is in £5million worth of debt. Not sure that would have the same impact though.

Well done to her though for understanding the most important rule of business. Never use your own money. Risk someone else’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

MarjoryStewartBaxter

Sorry but these brand trips are obscene. How are people even still influenced by them anymore? I can remember being so impressed by them years ago and now they genuinely disgust me. Brands flying already rich people to different places all over the world to promote a fucking lipstick. A lipstick!! We're in the middle of an energy, cost of living and climate crisis. It's grotesque to see now in my opinion.

Also, how does it even make business sense for her any more promoting products that directly rival her own brand? I don't get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

ack13

I just feel as though everything is dirty when they have a new baby about. Long nails, slapping on the make up, make up must get behind the piercings, the level of tattoos on both of them (sorry, just don’t like them to that intensity), dogs getting close to the bay, dog hairs - etc, etc.
Make up doesn’t get behind piercings if you’ve had them a long time and you clean your face properly. Also why does having a lot of tattoos mean that you are dirty?

Reactions: 39

georgiee

I just feel as though everything is dirty when they have a new baby about. Long nails, slapping on the make up, make up must get behind the piercings, the level of tattoos on both of them (sorry, just don’t like them to that intensity), dogs getting close to the bay, dog hairs - etc, etc.

Bit pathetic to slate someone for tattoos….

• Angry
Reactions: 38

Dilly2022

You guys are far too good!! I’m really happy for them both but it really will be a wake up call for them! Motherhood can be very isolating and lonely and you can’t just drop a child off every other week at grandparents like they do with the dogs for a trip down to London.. will be very interesting to see how much their lavish lifestyle takes a backseat for a while!
I’m sure she will be just fine as a mother. She’ll know she has to chill out a bit now and be at home more with a baby. But the baby also has a father and a family support system who can be home when she does have to go away for work. Plenty of women work away all over the world and have families who help out with the baby.
There’s a hell of a lot of strange comments on this post, calling her lazy etc. you don’t get to her position in business by being lazy, wether you like her not.
some things she does gets on my wick. But overall, to come from nothing, build up these businesses and do this well is impressive.
I think personally that baby will want for nothing and have no end of love and care

• Heart
Reactions: 37

laynelo_

VIP Member
Jamie is one of the few influencers I’ve saw that truly expressed excitement and joy at becoming a mother. So many influencers have kids because their friends are having them or see kids as an accessory. Her clear happiness having a child is so obvious and it’s nice to see. Jamie & jacks cringe factor aside - they aren’t idiots like most influencers who would put their kid in danger. I guess that’s why I feel personally a bit different towards her.

Reactions: 37

Rambo011

I wouldn't say it's a definite that she's pregnant tbh.... also think it's important to remember that pregnancy speculation is super crass - You don't know if someone has struggles in private

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Realhousemouse

Chatty Member
Aw very happy for her ❤ and also can’t wait to see their lazy lives being turned upside down 😂 get ready for “am sooooo tired” for the rest of her life

• Haha
Reactions: 34

sparkle2208

I’m slightly confused by the timing, it looks like a second scan so 16-20 weeks, but did she not do a vid on getting Botox 2 months ago? And she got the back tattoo 4 months ago? And you shouldn’t really be doing those things when pregnant?
She posted the botox video on the 11th of August which was 12 weeks ago, + the video was probably pre-recorded by at least a few days or weeks potentially, so I’m almost certain she didn’t know she was pregnant yet.
Like Jamie or not, I don’t think she would sacrifice her unborn baby’s health just to get work done on her face 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 34