Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JayMar

i knew she would be one of those type of influencers....that whips the nips out whenever she gets the chance! i understand the baby needs feeding but why not find a more private spot to do it.
Sorry I don't agree, women have the right to breastfeed where ever they want to, wherever they feel comfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 151

Hbirdette

VIP Member
F01988D5-A52A-4C6D-AC56-6976065A3452.jpeg

Wow, James Is lucky being given the OK by his doctor to do some exercise after giving birth to BABY amber

• Haha
Reactions: 98

Anonemxoxo

Chatty Member
Sorry another stupid question from a non mum here... is breastfeeding in public legal? Like in terms of having boobs out. Isn’t that indecent exposure? Or does it not count if it’s for feeding. I know some women put a thin blanket over themselves when they do it. Also I’ve heard of cafes asking feeding mothers to leave. Just not sure what’s actually accepted! Please don’t feel in making a judgement, I genuinely just don’t know - most mums I know bottle feed.
Quite the opposite actually in the UK, breastfeeding in public is entirely legal, you do not have to cover up because breast aren’t viewed as “genitals”. It is also against the law for any business etc to ask a woman who is breastfeeding to leave or to cover up.

I am very disappointed how on this thread there are people shaming Carys for breastfeeding in public. I get she does love to whack her boobs out despite knowing there’s a twisted Reddit thread about her HOWEVER breastfeeding in public is an entirely different issue. Breastfeeding is natural, breasts aren’t disgusting or sexual when used in this way, they are the ways in which a woman’s body provides for the baby. A woman has the right to breastfeed without covering up as she is not doing anything wrong, it’s not not modest to feed your baby as breasts aren’t genitals and she is not using them in any way that is sexual at all in this situation. Also in regards to covering up the baby with a Muslin etc, would you like to eat with a blanket covering your head? Or eat in the toilet as some people say the mother should go if she needs to feed?

Society is what has sexualised breasts and the act of breastfeeding, and I am entirely disappointed to see that coming out on this thread.I actually Applaud Carys for having the guts to do it knowing society’s judgement. If you view a mother breastfeeding as something sexual, then you’re part of the problem. We should empower women to breastfeed wherever they want, instead of shaming them.

• Heart
Reactions: 93

struggs

Why does carys look like actual shit in that picture with Elle ffs she has James home 24/7 unlike majority of other mothers 😂😂 I still managed to make myself look good and I was alone everyday till 7pm and had ppd, have a shower and brush your hair carys it’s ok babes 😂😭 I honestly feel these influencers always trying to prove something, if ambers the best sleeping baby everrrr why can’t you sort yourself out a bit carys ??
Women don't have to make themselves look good for the sake of others, she looks a lot less shit than a lot of people. She irritating af but this comment is pretty gross. I bet if she looked good people would be moaning omg she's so unrealistic, what a horrible amount of pressure to put on new mums who can't blah blah.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Nanabananaramagirl

What the actual fuck! If the baby smiles the baby smiles.... what is this rule book they are sticking to?! How can you say that because the leap years app says your baby doesn’t smile until 6 weeks it just mean she hasn’t smiled yet? You can see the baby is smiling?! I’m sooooooooooo flabbergasted by these two. The baby is literally smiling and she’s asking people what do we think? Do we think the baby is smiling?! But how can she be smiling if she’s only 4 weeks and 4 days old, it just be because she’s so perfect and so far ahead than other babies 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ Sick of this shit

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Just watched their Q&A, and I must say that you can clearly see the difference in Carys. She seems so much more comfortable and happy. And this is actually the first time I think I have seen her looking truly annoyed at James for interrupting her all the time and trying to pretend like he knows everything about the female body. He just seems so out of place in these talks..why is he there? She is talking about her changing body, breastfeeding, birth and sex and I think it would be so much better if it was just her and the baby. He also seems so jealous of her, like he wish he was the one who had given birth, carried the child, breastfeeding her and I think he is struggling to find his place in these videos.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Emrae

I can’t believe James starts talking about how his body has changed since Amber FFS 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
Posting this from what I said on elles thread :
Ok so, I'm a LONG time reader of this thread, I never really wanted to comment or someone else always said what I was planning on saying BUT I cannot believe this girl. I've never followed her and only found her through on of carys old videos (10,000cals challenge) which elle seems to do every day. But jesus christ, I cannot believe this girl has the following and career she does, I think shes spoilt, slow, self centred and DULL. When her "BEST FRIEND" Carys had her baby, I believe amber was about 1 day old, carys posted a picture of her, james and the baby I think and within an hour elle had posted a pic of her and connor holding her bump saying "just the three of us" and I was gobsmacked. Not saying elle cant post her pregnancy when she wants to but fucking hellx she literally couldn't wait for carys to have 24hrs of posting her NEWBORN baby before having to remind everyone she was also pregnant. If this was my friend I would be too busy congratulating her to post anything of my own, especially with 3 months left to go. Also to add the post wasnt even sponsored, for work, or even anything that was time sensitive so would need to be posted the same day. It was just a picture of a dog walk, absolute pure spite but I hadn't seen anyone else comment on it so I thought maybe I'm over reacting and THEN she puts up the nursery tour on the SAME DAY as carys first video with amber like WHAT, the jealousy and immaturity and bitterness of this girl is astounding to me, who needs enemies with "friends" like her. Actually vile behaviour. And I know some people would care but actions say a lot. Especially when it wasnt needed or could of waited, even a day or so. But nope, princess waits for nobody. I've watched a few more videos of hers lately as I wanted to form my own opinion rather than reading on here and thinking that's that but my god, within the first 5 mins of any video shes bragging about something and she talks to Con like hes an annoying 5 year old. 😓😓😓 phew got that all off my chest after weeks hahahha.
I think she is jealous of Carys and James massively! James isn’t my cup of tea at all and is irritating at times but he genuinely seems to adore Carys and Amber and whilst maybe there are aspects of their relationship that seem odd, I don’t think he is the type to ever cheat or treat Carys badly in that respect, also I just think in general their much more down to earth and likeable to some extent than Elle and Connor.....I think Elle knows that and is jealous of their relationship etc! Just my thoughts but I think Carys should def ditch her! She isn’t a real friend in my opinion!

Reactions: 49

Nanabananaramagirl

Right can we move on from the breastfeeding and breast pump topic? It’s been stated that no one has an issue with her breastfeeding or doing it in public.

Has anyone seen that she has posted a picture of a girl wearing a big baggy black top saying ‘perfect for being a week overdue’ and Carys has gone on a rant about how it’s ok to cry if you’re overdue and she feels for the girl because her baby came on her due date and it’s ok to feel hopeless. Wtf... so patronising and the girl hadn’t even said anything negative about being overdue!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
I think the comments about Carys looking like shit are harsh. I don’t think she looks shit, she looks like the tired Mum of a newborn baby. Granted she doesn’t look her best but I think that’s expected in the first few months isn’t it?! I certainly didn’t look great most of the time.

I just hope Elle had permission to share that picture. I bet she would go mad if anyone shared a pic of her not looking her best without her permission. I reckon she didn’t ask her though but that’s because she’s a shit jealous friend.

I will criticise Carys’ strange parenting ideas but I can’t criticise the appearance of a new Mum x

Reactions: 47

MRSXO

It takes a lot to post what Carys has on her story about stretch marks and the reality of post pregnancy when there are so many pressures and expectations to just ‘snap back’ these days, especially on Instagram . I have never been pregnant but I was obese in my younger years and lost a lot of weight but I still have stretch marks and loose skin. Seeing content like that is honestly so refreshing.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

Lilborrower

i get that its their right etc but why not sit down to the side and have a muslin or something just to protect modesty a bit.
she doesnt look like shes comfortably feeding in that photo...she looks awkwardly stood in the middle of a car park!
Sorry but preaching “Modesty” during breastfeeding is just another way of shaming women. She doesn’t need to cover up, it’s not a sexual act. If people choose to cover up that’s absolutely fine but there’s nothing wrong with not covering either. It’s a totally natural thing and it’s just another way to shun breastfeeding parents into dark corners and toilets so not to make others “uncomfortable”. But really the people who are uncomfortable with it are the problem tbf because it’s not a sexual act. It’s no different to an adult eating a meal at a table it’s just food!

its not so much that's shes breastfeeding in public...its more the fact she has to post and take a photo every time she does it. its not natural its forced for the sake of getting a picture for social media. that's what really pisses me of about the celebs and influencers that do this.
its like the bump all over again...whipping the bare thing out every 2 minutes for the socials.
i have many friends that have babies and they breastfed and would whip it out but there would be no fuss made about it and it was just a natural thing as it should be.
Influencers post pictures of all aspects of their life? They post photos of themselves eating, in underwear, etc. It’s all for social media it’s literally their job, none of its natural. why would it be any different for a pregnant person 🤷‍♀️ Why are they held to a different standard.

edit to add: I don’t understand why influencers want to share all the mundane parts of their life don’t get me wrong. But if you follow influencers it’s to be expected as part of their content.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
5CD3A84D-3441-40A1-B1B9-F0A8A1C058AD.jpeg

So Carys posted this to her stories ...

My chest actually feels heavy with sadness, 5 weeks old and sounds like she will be putting her upstairs to bed. For the first 6 months baby should always be with you when they are sleeping. I honestly don’t understand with Carys, she just seems so cold and not motherly at all. Babies want to be with their mums, not separated and upstairs in a different room all by themselves

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44

Samr

Glad to see she's normalising breastfeeding in public! I would love to see more of that content, a lot of women still feel hesitant.
However, they don't dress that baby appropriately for the temperature at all.

Reactions: 43

faycooper89

Right I’m not a parent, due first baby next week & I’m not claiming that I know what I’m doing but why are they treating poor Amber like she’s a dog who immediately needs a routine!! I’ve lost count of how many times they’ve called her fussy 😡 she’s not fussy she’s a newborn baby!! & really any need for James to be holding her on her side with a white noise machine in a multi storey car park! Cuddle your daughter & just give her some love for gods sake!!! She’s brand new to the world, she isn’t fussy, she isn’t a bad baby! She’s a baby!! Rant over lol

• Heart
Reactions: 43