James and Carys #9 flogging ITS collection being misleading shh James is now breastfeeding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes influencers should be more mindful of other people’s feelings towards breastfeeding but at the end of the day it’s not anyone’s responsibility to cater for people’s triggers, this is what’s going wrong with the world, everyone is expected to cater for everyone’s feelings and triggers, if you are triggered by seeing someone do something then unfollow them, I certainly have unfloowes a few people that made me feel tit about stuff etc

I very much doubt she is posting everytime she feeds, like someone else said if that’s the case Jesus it would be more than one or two pics a day

she was documenting her getting used to doing outdoor on the go feeds 🤷🏼‍♀️ Spin it this way, by positing this she is probably helping some new mums realise it’s perfectly normal to have to do this and to not be worried or scared to go out, some new mums are because of the whole feeding in public thing.... it swings both ways. has anyone thought of that?
with the job title of “influencer” where their literal job is to attempt to influence others then in my
Opinion they do hold responsibility to cater for people’s triggers, as they have chosen their job to be posting things to influence others thoughts and have tons of followers. So therefore they should expect to be actually thinking about what they post knowing that their audience that they are trying to “influence” may be triggered over certain topics.

Also it’s just about being a decent human being. knowing you have a large following which could include women who can’t breastfeed and women who could get hurt over the posts why would you then choose to plaster it all over social media? Yes it does swing both ways so people are allowed to think negatively of what she posts and how often. If it does help new mums that’s great but people are also allowed to be upset over what she posts and the frequency without others attempting to say it’s invalid because that’s not what she was doing

Reactions: 5
I very much doubt she is posting everytime she feeds, like someone else said if that’s the case Jesus it would be more than one or two pics a day
but do we still need at least one photo a day of her breastfeeding?
I agree with what you said that it could help some mums feel more comfortable feeding in public, that's a valid point, but also we don't need a post every day that's she's feeding, regardless of if it is at home or out and about.

On another note, she had those expensive elvie pumps, is she actually going to use them for day trips (presumably after the 6-8 weeks of establishing breastfeeding), and bottle feed when they aren't at home etc, or were they a waste of a (gifted?) product, as she is clearly comfortable with feeding in public

Reactions: 3
with the job title of “influencer” where their literal job is to attempt to influence others then in my
Opinion they do hold responsibility to cater for people’s triggers, as they have chosen their job to be posting things to influence others thoughts and have tons of followers. So therefore they should expect to be actually thinking about what they post knowing that their audience that they are trying to “influence” may be triggered over certain topics.

Also it’s just about being a decent human being. knowing you have a large following which could include women who can’t breastfeed and women who could get hurt over the posts why would you then choose to plaster it all over social media? Yes it does swing both ways so people are allowed to think negatively of what she posts and how often. If it does help new mums that’s great but people are also allowed to be upset over what she posts and the frequency without others attempting to say it’s invalid because that’s not what she was doing
not saying anyone isn’t allowed to be annoyed or upset over her posting 😊 everyone is entitled to their opinion of course!
Just putting my view on it and spin it the other way incase anyone may not of thought of that that’s all!
That’s the beauty of this world we all think differently can can help open minds and eyes to other opinions 😁

Reactions: 2
I breastfeed, I breastfeed in public. But I don’t make it my whole personality, I’m not exhibitionist about it or give myself a pat on the back for it everyday. I know a lot of women who do, almost showboating and it does strike me that Carys is like this. A ‘golden boobies’, jewellery made from breast milk. There are women who’d breastfeed in their car, women who’d breast feed in a cafe and women Who would specifically find a seat right next to the till in the cafe and breastfeed there where everyone will notice. Carys I think is somewhere toward the latter.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't think people who can't breastfeed should be angry at those who can, be angry at the lack of support available! Which I'm sure contributes to the low rates of breastfeeding in the UK.
She's hardly an exhibitionist for feeding her baby 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Do you think they’re struggling more than they care to admit and want everything to look perfect and happy! Yes having a new baby is the most amazing thing in the world but let’s not all forget, it’s bloody hard work!! Something I don’t think they actually thought about
New babies are often easy/sleepy for the first few days/week as well and then wake up! The baby bubble starts to wear of and the tiredness kicks in, all very normal and I’m glad she’s sleeping in the day if she needs too. It’s a huge life changing experience and even when you wante it and live it it’s still exhausting.

boobs are their to feed babies ( I didn’t I formula fed) but I say get em out if your babies hungry.

Reactions: 5
I wish they would dress that poor mite accordingly carys says it freezing and the baby has a cardigan on? If it’s freezing take her to your car and feed her in the warm away from the bitter wind not even a hat or coat yet again.. do they not understand baby’s at this age can not regulate there temperatures yet. For a pair of know it alls they know absolutely duck all.

Reactions: 22
but do we still need at least one photo a day of her breastfeeding?
I agree with what you said that it could help some mums feel more comfortable feeding in public, that's a valid point, but also we don't need a post every day that's she's feeding, regardless of if it is at home or out and about.

On another note, she had those expensive elvie pumps, is she actually going to use them for day trips (presumably after the 6-8 weeks of establishing breastfeeding), and bottle feed when they aren't at home etc, or were they a waste of a (gifted?) product, as she is clearly comfortable with feeding in public
It wasn’t gifted Carys made it clear in a video that they bought it.

tbh carys is an ‘influencer’ and youtuber, pretty much their entire job is to post pictures of their lives because people find it interesting and as a new breastfeeding mum, that’s probably what she’s spending at least 50% of her time doing so it’s not surprising that’s what she’s posting at the moment.

i feel like some of the comments on this thread have highlighted that breastfeeding isn’t entirely normalised and is still a taboo topic so i’m glad she’s not shy about it.

whip em out for all i care carys, as long as amber is fed and happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It wasn’t gifted Carys made it clear in a video that they bought it.
yes, I couldn't remember which one it was for the pumps, thank you 😂 makes it seem more like a waste if they don't get used then, but that amount of money probably doesn't mean anything to them. Think for both it is around £500 😱, I'd hate to spend that much to potentially not use them

Reactions: 1
yes, I couldn't remember which one it was for the pumps, thank you 😂 makes it seem more like a waste if they don't get used then, but that amount of money probably doesn't mean anything to them. Think for both it is around £500 😱, I'd hate to spend that much to potentially not use them
depends on the advice been given by the midwife sometimes they don’t like you pump and use bottles straight away so baby doesn’t get confused and instead introduce pumping a few weeks or month into Feeding

depends on the advice been given by the midwife sometimes they don’t like you pump and use bottles straight away so baby doesn’t get confused and instead introduce pumping a few weeks or month into Feeding
my original point was they will most likely be a wasted product as carys seems so comfortable breastfeeding in public, so probably won't see the need to pump for bottles if they were to go out for the day.

everyone kept telling me to buy pumps because I wanted to try breastfeeding, but I never bought any, and 7 weeks in haven't yet, as I'll most likely just breastfeed my baby if she needs feeding while out. my only reason to buy one would be for when I return to work

Reactions: 1
my original point was they will most likely be a wasted product as carys seems so comfortable breastfeeding in public, so probably won't see the need to pump for bottles if they were to go out for the day.

everyone kept telling me to buy pumps because I wanted to try breastfeeding, but I never bought any, and 7 weeks in haven't yet, as I'll most likely just breastfeed my baby if she needs feeding while out. my only reason to buy one would be for when I return to work
Pumps are not just for women who don’t feel comfortable breastfeeding in public though so I don’t see why Carys having a pump would be a waste?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why is she using a filter on her newborn baby? So weird, kids don’t need filters they’re beautiful as they are.

Reactions: 9
Pumps are not just for women who don’t feel comfortable breastfeeding in public though so I don’t see why Carys having a pump would be a waste?
obviously I just thought with their work being mostly at home, would be less need for a pump if she can adequately breastfeed. but I guess again it's personal choice, she just seemed really keen to just breastfeed

tbh carys is an ‘influencer’ and youtuber, pretty much their entire job is to post pictures of their lives because people find it interesting and as a new breastfeeding mum, that’s probably what she’s spending at least 50% of her time doing so it’s not surprising that’s what she’s posting at the moment.

i feel like some of the comments on this thread have highlighted that breastfeeding isn’t entirely normalised and is still a taboo topic so i’m glad she’s not shy about it.

whip em out for all i care carys, as long as amber is fed and happy!
Absolutely. Whenever I see an 'influencer' breastfeeding, I think fair play..more of the same. She is feeding a child. I'm shocked breastfeeding is still even a discussion point. Let's be fair, she's not walking around topless doing a titty dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Right can we move on from the breastfeeding and breast pump topic? It’s been stated that no one has an issue with her breastfeeding or doing it in public.

Has anyone seen that she has posted a picture of a girl wearing a big baggy black top saying ‘perfect for being a week overdue’ and Carys has gone on a rant about how it’s ok to cry if you’re overdue and she feels for the girl because her baby came on her due date and it’s ok to feel hopeless. Wtf... so patronising and the girl hadn’t even said anything negative about being overdue!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
Right can we move on from the breastfeeding and breast pump topic? It’s been stated that no one has an issue with her breastfeeding or doing it in public.

Has anyone seen that she has posted a picture of a girl wearing a big baggy black top saying ‘perfect for being a week overdue’ and Carys has gone on a rant about how it’s ok to cry if you’re overdue and she feels for the girl because her baby came on her due date and it’s ok to feel hopeless. Wtf... so patronising and the girl hadn’t even said anything negative about being overdue!
wtaf! i see they're still keeping up with the lie Amber came on her due date, and how patronising of her- just using the opportunity to brag about how she didn't go overdue. So unnecessary.

Reactions: 18
Can't help but think Carys is bragging she had her due date baby and didn't go overdue (apart from the 3 weeks as amber could have come at 37 weeks you know🥴). But also, those negative things she said were probably how Carys was feeling during pregnancy as she got closer to the due date, you could tell she was fed up and probably did cry about the fact she could go "over"

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.