Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
A Jackfan has written this to the guy who said he's 728 days sober but that he doesn't bang on about it.

Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 08.32.44.png

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 185

moldwarp

VIP Member
The thing with most real activists is that they never speak that much about themselves and all their 'burning senses of injustice'. With Jack Monroe it's always about how fizzing with anger she is, how she was punching the wall after being frustrated and all the work she does.

Actual activists, or at least the ones you migth read interviews might talk a bit about themselves, but then centre their cause. Not even full-time activists but celebrity champions too. Think of Michael Sheen who personally put millions into the homeless foodball world cup years ago, because he believed so much in it. When he talks about that it's so much about the impact it has on the people that are involved that it makes you feel good just reading about it. Jack Monroe just wants you to feel bad for her and adore her.
This totally, I mean this might sound weird but Camilla Parker Bowles does a RIDICULOUS amount for womens refuges and charities helping women who’ve been victims of domestic violence. She’s been doing it for decades and really puts her back into it. The reason we don’t hear much about it is because she tends to keep it private and it’s work that is very personal to her. The only reason I know about it is because I do a lot of voluntary stuff in that area myself and I’ve never heard anyone spoken about with such admiration as Camilla by women in that sector. And I hope she talks about it more publicly now she’s queen because DV still kills 2 women a week in the UK.

Whereas Jack is more interested in talking about HER viral tweet, HER double spread in the times, HER so called trolls, HER hard work and suffering.

She drives me mad. I heartily dislike the Guardian Observer for several different reasons but even I’m surprised they continue to platform her, kind of cloth eared tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 120

Ellieella

I messaged her a while back with this pamphlet from AA https://www.aa.org/understanding-anonymity
This is when she was posting about bringing biscuits to her meetings and how much everyone’s loves her there - I got a reply from her saying she wasn’t doing anything wrong 🤷‍♀️ So unfollowed her and been trying to ignore everything she’s been doing but see she’s still using her sobriety for content. I can’t imagine her at meetings she’d drive me mad

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 119

dickanddom

Late to the canal after much lurking but did spot the smol pixie IRL in a members’ club (🔺) in central London on the afternoon of the OFM awards. Wearing a vest (for ease of identification) and scribbling in a notebook. That’s all.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 116

Mme Coco

ED5763F6-C4F3-4AF9-9F51-D5D35E512DF7.jpeg
Wow this squig is going in HARD calling out news organisations for platforming JM on subjects she has zero expertise on such as the ONS project with a neat thread of articles as evidence à la AM. The main conclusion being JM’s advice is DANGEROUS.

ETA the chief enablers clearly being the Guardian Group celebrating their poverty poster pixie-child with the OFM award. Dire.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 112

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
3C628287-03E1-4EC7-98D8-35A3BE886AA2.jpeg

OH FUCK OFF, JACK. You’re NOT an “economist” you’re an arrogant deluded fantasist twat.

Also, that’s the first I’ve heard of her 2020 full on breakdown. Or is it? I can’t keep track of them anymore.

You know, even if that’s an old interview, the truth about the ONS has been out publicly for a month now and the dodgy stuff even longer. That only went to press this week, so they had ample opportunity to edit and truncate that piece, and chose not to but to laud her and publish her lies instead. I’m amazed there’s not a link to the tip jar at the end.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 110

SweetTransvestite

VIP Member
Just look at this smug twat.
Screenshot_20221016-140931_Chrome.jpg

What in the 'someone rolled up in a pub carpet about to be popped into the boot of a Ford Mondeo enroute to Epping Forest' is going on here pals?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 110

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Looooool literally nobody is claiming you live in "a massive mansion with a pool and Jaguars on the drive" you disingenuous gobshite. You DO, however, live in a 3-bed detached house that's worth at least £800k, according to your own tweets, and have spent almost the entire time you've lived there grifting untold amounts from your well-meaning followers while claiming to be stuck in a draughty shithole doing £20 performative food shops.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 107

hoopdedoo

VIP Member
Show, don't tell. The work should stand on its own.
I was just reading an interview with Dolly Parton where she talked about her donations, how she paid for books to be distributed for free to thousands of school kids, and funded research to find COVID vaccines. She said that she did those things without any publicity because she wanted to make a difference, but when it came out that she made the donations, she was happy to talk about them because she hoped it would encourage other people to find ways they could help too. Quite a difference from "I do lots of work that no one knows about, and it's all very important, but the groups I work with don't want the publicity".

• Heart
Reactions: 107

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-10-16 12.28.01.png

🥰 Jack, I'm in the Halfpenny Lane branch of Asda in Pontefract and they've run out of Smart Price Lemon Curd. What would you recommend I buy instead because I'm ever so confused. #WhatWouldJackDo

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 105

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
Someone has thrown a net bag of lemons over the fence into my garden. Does this mean she's finally 📐 me? Is it a sign, like a chalk mark on my door?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 105

Lazarus

VIP Member
I was just reading an interview with Dolly Parton where she talked about her donations, how she paid for books to be distributed for free to thousands of school kids, and funded research to find COVID vaccines. She said that she did those things without any publicity because she wanted to make a difference, but when it came out that she made the donations, she was happy to talk about them because she hoped it would encourage other people to find ways they could help too. Quite a difference from "I do lots of work that no one knows about, and it's all very important, but the groups I work with don't want the publicity".
Also important to make clear the difference: Dolly Parton donates.
Jack Monroe asks people to buy things at full RRP, which she then sends on in her name giving the impression that she herself has donated. I firmly believe she has done this so many times she now sees herself as the person donating.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 104