Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually like the way the piece is written. It makes her sound like a narcissistic knob. I especially like ‘The police, she says, have advised her…’ I imagine the ‘she says’ was written with a roll of the eyes. Maybe I just think that because she is a narcissistic knob though 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Source photos for you lovely canal, now duck off x
Interesting how this shoot is called 'Consumer Heroes' - "Shot for The Guardian Saturday Magazine"
So I take it these were the Food Hero shortlisted nominess then?
  • Joe Lycett
  • Jack Monroe
  • Kwajo Tweneboa
  • Holly Smith
Timeline:
24/04/22 - Voting/nominating launches
20/06/22 - Voting/nominating closes
July 22 - Judging takes place
07/09/22 - Jack tweets photo from Dublin (implied Killian Fox interview)
21/09/22 - Consumer Heroes photoshoot published
13/10/22 - Winners announced at awards ceremony (Freemason's Hall, London)
16/10/22 - Award interview by Killian Fox published

When was her twitter flounce, bounce and bio update?

ETA: Jack tricksy with her words, no one said she’s living in a mansion with jaguars on the drive. Prick.
Projection, she desperately wants to. Odds on big Dave lusting over Jags while driving Jack around in the family Land Rover while she was a nipper.

Killian Fox appears to be based in Dublin. Is this the jaunt that she did?
Brilliant, imagine trying to set up a quick interview with an award nominee (along with the other nominees) and one of them insists on an international face to face.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Which is fairly ridiculous, given how many chefs (big name ones) have very similar recipes, just with different names and/or a couple of minor ingredients added or removed. If every recipe by every chef had to be completely original, there would be a lot fewer cookbooks and cookery shows.
Jack admitted that she takes other people’s recipes & just changes bits. It was in a speech she gave (to a political conference, Scottish greens or Labour or something?). She’s never made up any recipe-everything’s someone else’s work (see also the ‘haunted pencil Rees Mogg & other ‘hot takes’)

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I actually like the way the piece is written. It makes her sound like a narcissistic knob. I especially like ‘The police, she says, have advised her…’ I imagine the ‘she says’ was written with a roll of the eyes. Maybe I just think that because she is a narcissistic knob though 🤷‍♀️
There's also a reference to her getting sober in 2018, and then also it says that in 2020 she was still drinking. I don't think the inclusion of the quote about how she's not got loads of Jags in her driveway does her any favours either - it's kind of nodding to the allegations that she's not poor but obviously her idea of not poor (ie having tonnes of fancy cars and a swimming pool) is so OTT that it actually works against her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
I was just reading an interview with Dolly Parton where she talked about her donations, how she paid for books to be distributed for free to thousands of school kids, and funded research to find COVID vaccines. She said that she did those things without any publicity because she wanted to make a difference, but when it came out that she made the donations, she was happy to talk about them because she hoped it would encourage other people to find ways they could help too. Quite a difference from "I do lots of work that no one knows about, and it's all very important, but the groups I work with don't want the publicity".
Also important to make clear the difference: Dolly Parton donates.
Jack Monroe asks people to buy things at full RRP, which she then sends on in her name giving the impression that she herself has donated. I firmly believe she has done this so many times she now sees herself as the person donating.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 104
Also important to make clear the difference: Dolly Parton donates. Jack Monroe asks people to buy things at full RRP, which she then sends on in her name giving the impression that she herself has donated. I firmly believe she has done this so many times she now sees herself as the person donating.
I know we all know this, but it's not just that she doesn't donate herself and gets other people to do it. It's that she actively personally profits from other people's donations. Money that should be going to food banks is actually being siphoned off for her because people are spending money on *her* books rather than giving cash or food to food banks. It's such a travesty, really.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Just because it’s too good not to repost. Especially in contrast with the others’ individual pics from that shoot.

She’s absolutely delusional isn’t she?
6F63B09B-3B04-4555-AF69-155FF888601A.jpeg

Edit: What’s on her finger?! Is she wearing one of her old haunted engagement rings too? 😂 Edit again- and what is going on with her hands?! My 95 year old Nan has healthier looking hands than that! Why are they so veiny?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
Save money on the your bills this winter by wrapping up warm in the velvet cape at award photo shoots
More money saving tips in Grifty Kitchen, pre-order now for January

1665910052102.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87
Is Schrödinger's septum still quiet? There's definitely some massive chaos going on then, she can't talk about...

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I know we all know this, but it's not just that she doesn't donate herself and gets other people to do it. It's that she actively personally profits from other people's donations. Money that should be going to food banks is actually being siphoned off for her because people are spending money on *her* books rather than giving cash or food to food banks. It's such a travesty, really.
Also, do it sits in her accounts where she can earn interest on it before passing it on, and the charity is denied the opportunity for gift aid because it comes via her.

@MistyWindows I so want a load of horse jizz in an old robinson’s bottle to be the next you know what… whatever it ends up being, know that in my mind this will be the subheading

• Haha
Reactions: 45
As ever with Jack, I’m tempted to scream

PICS OR IT DIDN’T HAPPEN

And even if there are pics, it probably still didn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
There's also a reference to her getting sober in 2018, and then also it says that in 2020 she was still drinking. I don't think the inclusion of the quote about how she's not got loads of Jags in her driveway does her any favours either - it's kind of nodding to the allegations that she's not poor but obviously her idea of not poor (ie having tonnes of fancy cars and a swimming pool) is so OTT that it actually works against her.
+ one of the journos (well, a photographer) that has attended the property is on Twitter in TD’s replies liking shady comments. They’ve seen the huge house and it’s raised questions and here they are?

The others are probably so old money minted they do think the filthy bungalow & Southend is a shithole so assumed she’s just a single mum making it work. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Looooool literally nobody is claiming you live in "a massive mansion with a pool and Jaguars on the drive" you disingenuous gobshite. You DO, however, live in a 3-bed detached house that's worth at least £800k, according to your own tweets, and have spent almost the entire time you've lived there grifting untold amounts from your well-meaning followers while claiming to be stuck in a draughty shithole doing £20 performative food shops.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 107
Save money on the your bills this winter by wrapping up warm in the velvet cape at award photo shoots

View attachment 1654136
I’m sorry to take it here but her skin is absolutely shocking. The fact she pays for injectables and this is the result is absolutely criminal. I don’t know anyone in their 30s with such deep creases?

• Heart
Reactions: 49

View attachment 1654136
She's loving herself sick in these photos. I'd never tire of flicking that face with one of my nails.

(I'm not condoning assault in any way, shape or form but look at that smug face and tell me you don't wanna flick it too?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I’m sorry to take it here but her skin is absolutely shocking. The fact she pays for injectables and this is the result is absolutely criminal. I don’t know anyone in their 30s with such deep creases?
I've said this before, I assume she is a smoker - her skin is dreadful for someone of her age. No excuse, excellent skin care is available in e.g. supermarkets and Superdrug own brand skincare is phenomenal. Didn't she have a partnership with them once...? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Looooool literally nobody is claiming you live in "a massive mansion with a pool and Jaguars on the drive" you disingenuous gobshite. You DO, however, live in a 3-bed detached house that's worth at least £800k, according to your own tweets, and have spent almost the entire time you've lived there grifting untold amounts from your well-meaning followers while claiming to be stuck in a draughty shithole doing £20 performative food shops.
It’s MODEST, and two of the bedrooms are VERY SMALL though
057E3894-2109-4D85-BAC4-11CF4A3BE39E.jpeg

4164D0DA-1F8D-4B8C-BF28-13DECA8878B4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 69
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.