Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which is fairly ridiculous, given how many chefs (big name ones) have very similar recipes, just with different names and/or a couple of minor ingredients added or removed. If every recipe by every chef had to be completely original, there would be a lot fewer cookbooks and cookery shows.
Quite. And hasn't Jack said before of some unrecognisable ghastly concoction or other 'this is a riff on a Nigella, Nigel (and back in the day) Jamie recipe'?
I suppose she has to protect her culinary secrets though, or everyone would want that baked bean and prune ice-cream recipe. (It is so hard to think of exaggerated food combinations too revolting even for her. Almost nothing is beyond the realms of possibility. They all sound like Monroe recipes - pea and banana fritters, strawberry and stewing steak casserole. It is actually a good party game - think of the two most random food items and try to imagine Jack NOT cooking it. Almost impossible. Sweetcorn, apricot and custard bake. Impossible I tell you).

• Haha
Reactions: 60
After so many have shared some of Jack's atrocious attempts at the easy for many, decent soup, I thought I'd share this recipe. It is inspired by the highest scoring menu on Come Fine With Me ever, (39/40) Ian in Liverpool. The inclusion of all the sage I believe is the bloggers change as IIRC Ian put a selection of fresh mixed herbs in his veg stock. I can attest it to being very good. https://www.willspages.com/?p=593

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Not since she supposedly took his room away from what I recall. No idea what might have prompted her to do that.
Maybe in response to either him or his dad saying he will no longer stay over? So she’s had a performative flounce and taken his room, 'well if you’re not going to stay, you won’t need a room'

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
View attachment 1653519Wow this squig is going in HARD calling out news organisations for platforming JM on subjects she has zero expertise on such as the ONS project with a neat thread of articles as evidence à la AM. The main conclusion being JM’s advice is DANGEROUS.

ETA the chief enablers clearly being the Guardian Group celebrating their poverty poster pixie-child with the OFM award. Dire.
Dear @Mme Coco would you please post the full ONS reply so we can see what they said about Jack’s claims?

Thank(space)you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
1. Thank you all, I will not be googling Stephen Bear 😬

2. I think Jack was indeed hustled in for a pic at the OFM awards, and then back out quick sharp. She’s not in any other pics at the event, and there were too many actual chefs and food writers there who wouldn’t want her near them. I think it was a misstep for the Observer not to disqualify her (surely it would have been easy enough to, on grounds of fundraising dodginess) and give the award to someone who deserved it instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I think it was a misstep for the Observer not to disqualify her (surely it would have been easy enough to, on grounds of fundraising dodginess) and give the award to someone who deserved it instead.
They don't publicly announce the vote totals, do they? If Jack had genuinely gotten the most bot online votes, and the Observer didn't want her to have the award because of her antics, they could have just given someone else the award and no one would be the wiser.

Reactions: 45
They don't publicly announce the vote totals, do they? If Jack had genuinely gotten the most bot online votes, and the Observer didn't want her to have the award because of her antics, they could have just given someone else the award and no one would be the wiser.
Didn’t someone put up the original terms, public vote to get shortlist then for judges to decide? If this is what happened then they all need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Reactions: 36
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Here too are the tweets where she blatantly takes credit for ONS doing it, and the one the day after the FOI was posted here saying the ONS were doing it anyway but still doubling down and claiming that they’d been in regular contact. Even though ONS say they had just one informal meeting back in Jan. IIRC other blue tickers also credited her for this. Pretty sure Jay Rayner was one.

C97647C5-CD76-40F4-AF39-E5A37CD194BD.jpeg
804E4E46-FD34-41FB-8855-87CBDAF9B637.jpeg

Asda also didn’t correct her claim to be solely responsible for bringing back the value range and her impact on “millions of people”; while she threw all the supermarkets who DIDN’T want to ‘work’ with her under the bus
5BEBD12E-0C43-48F7-848A-4E85E6213810.jpeg

As to the OFM award, pretty sure that’s them signaling to her that she’s still their pet pov (what with the big boss giving her the award and all), and that as soon as all this nonsense blows over they’ll have her back

ETA: I’m going to write and ask them to clarify exactly how it was voted- was it solely reader voted, or was it that there was a shortlist from reader votes that judges then chose.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Oh I don't know. I think she's already put 'the feelers out' for that. Anyway, I've just watched Xanadu to cleanse my mind of all that nonsense.
Xanadu made as much sense as JM's recipes. Muses and roller disco.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Here too are the tweets where she blatantly takes credit for ONS doing it, and the one the day after the FOI was posted here saying the ONS were doing it anyway but still doubling down and claiming that they’d been in regular contact. Even though ONS say they had just one informal meeting back in Jan. IIRC other blue tickers also credited her for this. Pretty sure Jay Rayner was one.

View attachment 1653938View attachment 1653939

Asda also didn’t correct her claim to be solely responsible for bringing back the value range and her impact on “millions of people”; while she threw all the supermarkets who DIDN’T want to ‘work’ with her under the bus
View attachment 1653942

As to the OFM award, pretty sure that’s them signaling to her that she’s still their pet pov (what with the big boss giving her the award and all), and that as soon as all this nonsense blows over they’ll have her back

ETA: I’m going to write and ask them to clarify exactly how it was voted- was it solely reader voted, or was it that there was a shortlist from reader votes that judges then chose.
Thank you @Valiofthedolls, you always bring the receipts! She really is such a straight out liar. Disgusting

Reactions: 35
Ugh I want The Observer to upload this month’s OFM to the website. Desperate to see the Jack feature but can’t bring myself to go out and spend almost a fiver to buy the print edition purely to grunk!

Reactions: 38
Reactions: 23
That's extremely embarrassing for whoever wrote that article. So many Jack tropes: the exhaustion, the former 90 hour working weeks, even, "It's coming, I'm on it" for the as yet non-existent VBI 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
OMG that story is more nauseating than any of Jack's slop :sick:

Also features a shout-out to the Essex Celebrity Police Squad.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
“Now, as winter draws
in, the 34-year-old is busier than
ever, fielding interview requests to debate the cost of living crisis and dish out advice “

Jack’s offer of work inbox atm :

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.