Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How very dare you, madam! I only arsked, like, an innocent question. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Affronted I am, affronted, I tell you. You want me DEAD? Ok.
I am now about to commence the stopping of literally breathing.

šŸŽ¶ You'll be sorry when I'm dead
All this guilt will be on your head šŸŽ¶

Lyrics kindly supplied by The Police - The Essex Protection and Monitoring of Celebrity Twitter Accounts Police, that is.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Reactions: 24
Late to the canal after much lurking but did spot the smol pixie IRL in a membersā€™ club (šŸ”ŗ) in central London on the afternoon of the OFM awards. Wearing a vest (for ease of identification) and scribbling in a notebook. Thatā€™s all.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 116
Late to the canal after much lurking but did spot the smol pixie IRL in a membersā€™ club (šŸ”ŗ) in central London on the afternoon of the OFM awards. Wearing a vest (for ease of identification) and scribbling in a notebook. Thatā€™s all.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Yes and then in the next week sheā€™d be ok again. This is when I started to think she was a bit too unlucky. Never heard any more about the fatal tomato allergy donā€™t think. Apart from when she likes to throw in the need for an epi pen when it suits to pretend to be a trooper
My favourite Jack Epi Pen moment was when she said stress sends her into immediate anaphylactic shock - with the clear implication in the context being that anyone criticising her on Twitter would be responsible for her death. LOLZ.

@jenny2603 - I like the word jokeification and I would say that wrt Jack itā€™s actually far superior to an old fashioned cancellation. It has a certain poetic justice, since sheā€™s been ripping the piss out of the donating public for years.

That Guardian article says she was drinking 122 units a week, she later upped it to 200. I do not believe the 200. She is a smallish woman. She would be permanently disabled or dead.

Reactions: 60
Yes, Iā€™ll often write Frauen but in my head it encompasses ā€œā€¦ and Herren and Therrenā€. Like ā€œalright ladsā€ but an actual organic collective noun born of Jackā€™s narc fury.

Itā€™s funny having loads of v new Frauen because old stuff like the rat tail etc springs up and you realise that what was probably a very real breakdown in early 2020 was a reaction to being called out for what she is: she absolutely couldnā€™t stand that a group of people from across the political spectrum were calling out her tit in what was, at the time, this relatively little-known forum. And since then sheā€™s had so many chances to reflect and change her behaviour and do a bit of damage control but instead she chose to double down on her lies and horrendous pov persona, resulting in HH2 and an agonising cancellation.

Owning Tattle by engineering your own downfall is quite the flex, though, gotta hand it to you Jackie.
Bless you for your empathy, but I have to disagree with the 'real breakdown ' part of your post. Although everything else is spot on.
I personally don't believe for one second she had a breakdown. Imo what she had was a Narc tantrum because Louisa wasn't returning and people were calling her out for her unprofessional behaviour and nastiness.
She had no other avenues left and mental health was a last ditch attempt to get anywhere. Narcs panic when they are backed into a corner and left with no other options and (again imo) this is what was happening.
I appreciate this could be seen as a harsh viewpoint but sadly I was raised by a Narc mother and Jack's behaviour is a carbon copy of my mother's behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Yes, Iā€™ll often write Frauen but in my head it encompasses ā€œā€¦ and Herren and Therrenā€. Like ā€œalright ladsā€ but an actual organic collective noun born of Jackā€™s narc fury.

Itā€™s funny having loads of v new Frauen because old stuff like the rat tail etc springs up and you realise that what was probably a very real breakdown in early 2020 was a reaction to being called out for what she is: she absolutely couldnā€™t stand that a group of people from across the political spectrum were calling out her tit in what was, at the time, this relatively little-known forum. And since then sheā€™s had so many chances to reflect and change her behaviour and do a bit of damage control but instead she chose to double down on her lies and horrendous pov persona, resulting in HH2 and an agonising cancellation.

Owning Tattle by engineering your own downfall is quite the flex, though, gotta hand it to you Jackie.
I presume her doubling down even though she knew Tattle was onto her šŸ‘€ was complete arrogance.
Propped up by her twitter fans, the media and bluetickers like Nigella šŸ™„. She had displayed outrageous behaviour, obvious grifting and blatant lies, all documented here, and nothing terrible had happened.
She thought she was untouchable.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
My favourite Jack Epi Pen moment was when she said stress sends her into immediate anaphylactic shock - with the clear implication in the context being that anyone criticising her on Twitter would be responsible for her death. LOLZ.

@jenny2603
That Guardian article says she was drinking 122 units a week, she later upped it to 200. I do not believe the 200. She is a smallish woman. She would be permanently disabled or dead.
Yes- if normal elimination rate is 1 unit per hour, then anything over 168 would result in fast buildup and toxicity within days.

Reactions: 36
Groucho?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ok my dudes, Iā€™ve had a chance to have a quick read through the judgment. Spoilering for length and because this is OLD NEWS to some/for anyone who wants to skip past. Apologies for any typos and Yankee Doodle dandy spelling of words I didnā€™t catch. On my telefono typing

So this is from the Judgeā€™s summary. The Hopkins/Penny stuff actually kicked off the day before this. This is where KH brought Jack into it (Note Jackā€™s behaviour here- anything look familiar?!)Jack demands that KH deletes the tweet, massively amplifies it, keeps gloating and pushing the issue. Note that KH did in fact delete the first of her two tweets about Jack and eventually posted a super perfunctory tweet @ Jack into it and saying she got it wrong but not apologizing. Legal case proceeded from here.
7C7BD048-50AB-46CD-9D78-58F52EDEA75F.jpeg

C732CB3B-90FC-40E1-8EE7-CA39D0C067B6.jpeg

Dodgy claims and deletions
So (again, anything sounding familiar?!) as part of her case for harm and therefore damages, Jack claims to have received a ā€œtorrentā€ of vitriol including ā€œvile and abusive commentsā€ and ā€œdeath threatsā€ as a result of KHs Tweets. Hereā€™s the thing though; these types of tweet have ā€œfor the most part have been deletedā€.

Therefore, Jack produced little evidence of this. She provided ā€œa selection of abusive tweetsā€ some of which the judge notes were clearly nothing to do with KHs posts, and others of which seemed ā€œunlikelyā€ to have been so. So basically she struggles to produce much in the way of abusive tweets and what she does cobble together the Judge isnā€™t buying that itā€™s to do with KH.

Jackā€™s own Twitter had inconveniently thrown any evidence (or not) of these mystery abusive tweets into the North Sea deleted these types of tweet (or not, everything had been deleted it was impossible to know if it had ever been there in the first place- or not) by Jack setting up a deletion function then ā€œforgetting aboutā€ it. The judge notes this.

D7EFE8BA-76C9-4689-A1E2-91F041EF366F.jpeg

Jack also makes claims about the large of people who saw KHs tweet/commented/retweeted it etc, but as she demanded KH (and KH actually did) delete this tweet, the judge does note all the analytics info and evidence is lost.
Damages, more deletion
Ultimately, as you know, Jack won a relatively small judgment, Ā£24,000 total. (the Judge notes max possible was Ā£300,000). Basically, the Judge notes here that part of the issue is with the way ā€œthe defence has been conductedā€, ie if KH had given a duck and shown up to testify/engaged with her defence team appropriately in any part of the case, or actually said sorry long before it got to court, things might have been different. As has been noted elsewhere here, the Judge also comments that this should have been resolved long before it got to court (and not wasted a tit ton of time and money). Nobody came out of this looking good, though in the aftermath, in the eyes or people who exalted Jack for ā€˜sticking it toā€™ Hopkins she became a bizarre lefty hero.

809A0D36-6178-40BD-87F1-659A18B82EB3.jpeg

The Judge had the below to say at the very end. (note hereā€™s the ref to KHs analytics I described above). Judge is clearly unimpressed with Jack though. ā€œDifficulties over disclosureā€ of evidence ESPECIALLY ON JACKā€™S SIDE. Judge doesnā€™t go into whether they think that was deliberate or not ā€œI am not able to attribute responsibility for that on the basis of the evidence, and I do notā€, but says that regardless, litigants are responsible for producing evidence and not going on sprees to mass get rid of s whether accidentally or on purpose.

Also says attorneys need to keep their clients in line and make sure they donā€™t LITERALLY destroy evidence (or evidence of lack of evidence for that matter, like evidence OR NOT of alleged ā€œabuse and death threatsā€)
3682BDAE-1A88-4EC2-8BD8-5B6C9941154F.jpeg

Caveat again that my background isnā€™t UK law šŸ”ŗ. Jack and her case come across poorly throughout. Hopkinsā€™s was worse. MY PERSONAL TAKE is the Judge took on board that she was from a military round the edges family so KH claim was more hurtful to her feelings. Had KH bothered at any time to engage, it would not have gone that way though and should never have gone to court. Judge was clearly unimpressed with both parties.

Jack would NEVER get away with this again. She has much, much more form for threatening legal action, exacerbating situations, amplifying them to her hundreds of thousands of followers etc, exhalting in what she might win. What didnā€™t seem to be a pattern at the time of her continuing to poke at KH and amplify matters is certainly one these days and any legal team or Judge would have evidence of that.

Finally, she certainly hasnā€™t taken on board the part of the ruling that says she shouldnā€™t delete potential evidence. So she should be very wary of following this ā€˜clever playbookā€™ that got her to her last triumph, because it was an idiotic one.
Edit: the link to the whole ruling again so all in one place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
Yes- if normal elimination rate is 1 unit per hour, then anything over 168 would result in fast buildup and toxicity within days.
I mean, it depends on the person right. Iā€™ve known and sponsored alkies who were at times drinking near to or at the level Jack claims. But they were truly fucked from it. Women get fucked from alcohol much faster than men because were smaller, higher proportion of fat to muscle, blah blah blah. Jacks alkie boasting makes me pretty sick tbh.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
She's a JOURNALIST! She drinks while she works. Doing hard hitting research and that. So she thinks "average 2 units an hour, I'm working 100 hours a week, MINIMUM. Must be drinking 200 units a week". Basic maffs.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Isn't Jack's theme song from Cabaret?

When you havenā€™t any tins in the shed
And youā€™ve unscrewed your lightbulbs
And your Patreon payment is late.
When got bunions on your feet
Your bones are all crumbly
And your Louboutins are a fake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
She really does a lot of that, doesn't she? Heavily implying that people upsetting her in any way are going to LITERALLY KILL her. It's become funny to us because she does it so often but it's also a bit disturbing, isn't it? Nobody should be wheeling out "if you don't stop this relatively harmless thing I will DIE and it'll be YOUR fault" against anyone, let alone Twitter users they know nothing about. There's always a chance that she really will die (not a threat, Jack, just noting that nobody is immortal) and then who gets the blame? The last person to have quote-tweeted something with a joke about potatoes? You just LITERALLY MURDERED someone, how could you?

It's a slightly more complicated version of "if you don't do what I want I'll kill myself" but that's what it amounts to, isn't it? Never quite phrased as a threat but very much implying that any unwanted comment could be the one that causes her untimely death. Luckily we can help prevent it by attacking any dissenters and offering Jack praise and money.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.