Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A Jackfan has written this to the guy who said he's 728 days sober but that he doesn't bang on about it.

Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 08.32.44.png

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 185
A Jackfan has written this to the guy who said he's 728 days sober but that he doesn't bang on about it.

View attachment 1656551
That is awful, and I imagine our dear Jackie will not step in to chastise this poster.
This is as good as saying ‘some lives have more value than others’
Which my dad once said to me; hence why I no longer speak to him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Whenever I see this now I think of the Frau (or Herr) who coinded:"Always the victim, never the bride" phrase here a few weeks ago.
BIB for thread title hahahah. So many haunted engagement rings (2/3 bought for self)

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Interesting that here she describes the stans who message her as “sycophants” (or maybe psychopaths?!)

View attachment 1656518

This is actually a very very interesting article in a lot of ways, particularly as you can tell the journalist thought she was a complete tit so challenged her on a few things and just let her to run her mouth off. it’s full of nonsense, pettiness, unpleasantness and downright lies. She comes across as a right arse.

There’s some pretty damning stuff in here, some of it a bit upsetting re her son and pets, so click with care.
PS It’s also very clear from this why she didn’t say a word when her local MP was killed in his constituency.
Everything in this part is turning my stomach.
In the kitchen, recipes are scrawled on the tiles, and a line of tape on the floor marks where her seven-year-old son Jonny isn’t supposed to cross while Monroe is cooking. As Monroe makes lunch (pasta with Waitrose cast-off mushrooms), he repeatedly trespasses and keeps interrupting his mother’s train of thought. (“Do you want more kids?” Monroe jokes later, imitating the many people who’ve asked her that. “No, my maternal instincts are stretched thin already.”)

Also:
I had to crowdfund my rent this month.

And then, on writing to her Tory MP:
She wrote to Duddridge when her housing benefit was suspended, and “he put his neck out for someone who would be considered the enemy”.
Why would he think of her as an enemy??

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
This is actually a very very interesting article in a lot of ways, particularly as you can tell the journalist thought she was a complete tit so challenged her on a few things and just let her to run her mouth off. it’s full of nonsense, pettiness, unpleasantness and downright lies. She comes across as a right arse.
The journalist really did have her number! I love the use of the word “interesting“ here. It’s the politest way I’ve seen anyone say, “hypocrite!”

845007D1-5A2A-4947-B4F7-D37D3BCDE158.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
In the kitchen, recipes are scrawled on the tiles, and a line of tape on the floor marks where her seven-year-old son Jonny isn’t supposed to cross while Monroe is cooking. As Monroe makes lunch (pasta with Waitrose cast-off mushrooms), he repeatedly trespasses and keeps interrupting his mother’s train of thought. (“Do you want more kids?” Monroe jokes later, imitating the many people who’ve asked her that. “No, my maternal instincts are stretched thin already.”)

Also:
I had to crowdfund my rent this month.
What? A line in the kitchen SB mustn’t cross?
FFS. No words

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
And he appears to have been present throughout that conversation, there's a bit later where he's parroting her saying "I'm a knob" or something like that.
Shame her concept of boundaries only extends to tape on the floor.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
“I started drinking in 2012 when I was on the dole — Sainsbury’s basics lager — and I never quite stopped. Jonny had no idea.”

And there we have it. Her 'poverty' was exacerbated by drinking and I reckon her parents weren't involved because she knew what they'd say about a daughter who put booze before their grandson.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
Off topic? But last night I caught a bit of that Maxine Carr drama on C5 and thought I saw one of the many faces of Jack
Screenshot_20221016_220624.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
And he appears to have been present throughout that conversation, there's a bit later where he's parroting her saying "I'm a knob" or something like that.
Shame her concept of boundaries only extends to tape on the floor.
Yes, that’s when she’s talking about going on a Tinder date with a guy who commented he didn’t know she used a walking stick.

Reactions: 30
Interesting that here she describes the stans who message her as “sycophants” (or maybe psychopaths?!)

View attachment 1656518

There’s some pretty damning stuff in here, some of it a bit upsetting re her son and pets, so click with care.
PS It’s also very clear from this why she didn’t say a word when her local MP was killed in his constituency.
Lots of walking stick talk in that article. Does she still use it? Surely she'd be using it more and more with a degenerative condition 🤔

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
Lots of walking stick talk in that article. Does she still use it? Surely she'd be using it more and more with a degenerative condition 🤔
She mentioned it when she was looking for somewhere remote but accessible by public transport on rough terrain but smooth enough for someone with a walking stick when she was talking about taking her son on holiday in the summer. It didn’t happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
The most ridiculous thing about the Vertiginous Bollocks Incense is that all the data that she’s asking for, which won’t be truly representative, is already gathered by Kantar via their Shop and Scan research.

The S&S panel is designed to be representative and panel members have to complete regular questionnaires about income as well as uploading their shopping barcodes and till receipts, so they can easily pull out the data for one or more demographics.

It’s just like most of her endeavours; pointless makework that’s already being done better elsewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
OOF!!! I know we get the sideboard shots from back in that era, but I’d never seen
2FB6236D-D07D-4049-B4D2-7D75684B872E.jpeg
1987CADF-8F76-4D42-9B36-1846B5CDD6E1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
I remember them! Haha. The massive lie that she had to shave her head because her hair was falling out, the reverse rat’s tail, the “look at my very average arse”. Great days.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
“I started drinking in 2012 when I was on the dole — Sainsbury’s basics lager — and I never quite stopped. Jonny had no idea.”

And there we have it. Her 'poverty' was exacerbated by drinking and I reckon her parents weren't involved because she knew what they'd say about a daughter who put booze before their grandson.
I think she started drinking long before that. If she's telling the truth, her alcohol of choice went from Sainsbury's basic lager in 2012 to red wine, pink wine, whisky and ale by January 2013 (when this dating profile was written).

https://tattle.life/attachments/8a18533c-b173-415f-b548-a74c193f6a5e-jpeg.1632980/

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.