Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know an interview is going to be riveting when the opening paragraph is a long boring screed about the subject’s pronouns.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I've said this before, I assume she is a smoker - her skin is dreadful for someone of her age. No excuse, excellent skin care is available in e.g. supermarkets and Superdrug own brand skincare is phenomenal. Didn't she have a partnership with them once...? 🤔
She has some of the worst sun damage I’ve ever seen to her lips, like the only images I’ve seen that are worse are the medical reference ones where the skin goes black cos it’s dead. She’s shared how much time she spends sat out in the hammock so not surprising, but amazed how bad the sun can be for you. She’ll be full blown Floridan bingo nan by 40.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I’m sorry to take it here but her skin is absolutely shocking. The fact she pays for injectables and this is the result is absolutely criminal. I don’t know anyone in their 30s with such deep creases?
Alcohol messes your skin up something shocking. I inherited decent genes from my mum so I look about ten years younger than I am, but even my skin went "if you're going to make me fight against this much booze, I give up."

• Sad
Reactions: 48
bhidcuisdhcvosidjchoisdjc

eta - sorry - think the comments box is having a meltdown - it wont delete a comment I wrote but didn't finish which swiftly became irrelevant so typed this over it to try & unfreeze it & it bloody posted it. micro/macro chaos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
The ridiculousness of Jack posing in velvet robes forced me to amend this photo.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's...!

FFS.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

Source photos for you lovely canal, now duck off x
The shithousery and lack of journalistic integrity surrounding this award makes me SO angry. Kwajo Twenebo hasn’t been in the public eye long enough to have grown his social media platform to JM proportions but he is an amazing young guy whose lived experience and activism is genuine. Loathed to link to the Graun anymore but he’s my winner all day.

Jack, I know you’re lurking so how about doing a Nigella, sharing your platform and publicly congratulating Twenbo. Ya know, paying it forward? Practicing these principles in all our affairs? 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Entirely possible. Or, she went round to her parents house to boast about her award and found THAT MAN in the kitchen teaching her receptive Mam how to cook perfect roast potatoes (that Fingers Kerridge was helpfully peeling), while the rest of the family clapped and cheered and Nigella called her Mam “tender one” as she watched it all on Zoom.

That or she found out that her assaulted Ian Duncan Smith adoring brother has been offered a presenting segment on Saturday Kitchen and a Guardian column. Or her “little brother” came on his weekly trip to pick up her washing and ironing for Mam to do, and when he brought it back the grey pov jumper had a massive ironing burn hole in the front.

Or, as already suggested, the shelf fell down again.

Oh, and if anyone’s wondering what to have for dinner tonight and has a spare 38p kicking around the place, The Abominable SnowCook ❄ has Saturday night sorted for you.
Sorry, I mean Saturday Night Dinner

Raw and burned broccoli, oily barley, some sort of strange semi-translucent creamy repugnance she’s claiming is raita and the saddest greasy wilted flat-as-a-pancake spring onion you’ll (hopefully) ever see. Dinner, anyone?!
View attachment 1653026
Ahh, the crimes against innocent food just keep on racking up.
What a terrible pile of sh*te
ETA makes those undercooked roasted look almost edible

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I can't edit screenshots atm so unable to post but there's a tweet by a food person and former Jack Stan referencing the awards and praising TD and Olia Hercules. There's an implied criticism of an unnamed award recipient ...

Quick twitter search would imply they are involved with a food bank and saw the light around the time of the teemill incident.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I've said this before, I assume she is a smoker - her skin is dreadful for someone of her age. No excuse, excellent skin care is available in e.g. supermarkets and Superdrug own brand skincare is phenomenal. Didn't she have a partnership with them once...? 🤔
To be fair my mum has smoked like a chimney for most of her life and she looks fantastic 🤷🏻‍♀️ She’s not a bitter hag though so maybe that’s why.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
She's loving herself sick in these photos. I'd never tire of flicking that face with one of my nails.

(I'm not condoning assault in any way, shape or form but look at that smug face and tell me you don't wanna flick it too?)
Yes my dear heart MC Mama. I really do.💅

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I actually like the way the piece is written. It makes her sound like a narcissistic knob. I especially like ‘The police, she says, have advised her…’ I imagine the ‘she says’ was written with a roll of the eyes. Maybe I just think that because she is a narcissistic knob though 🤷‍♀️
Police - "Ms Monroe, we see no evidence of a crime being committed here, there's no role for us. If you're that concerned, we suggest you hire your own protection".

Jack - "The police have advised me to hire a bodyguard".

I would eat a pumble and some overnight tinned carrot oats, if that's not how that actually went.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Nobody thinks you have a mansion, a pool, or a jag in the driveway you disingenuous turd.

That’s an extremely guarded tone to an interview with a supposed food hero, though. Interesting.
I mean, surely the £865 leggings in the photo should have provoked a follow-up question or two?

• Angry
Reactions: 43
The absolute bullshit in this article is unbelievable. For a start, has anyone ever seen a claim that a single person here or anywhere ‘allege’ that ‘Jack lives in a big mansion in the middle of nowhere’?
Never seen it.
Where is the explanation for this abuse? Why would anyone abuse someone who is genuinely working to help others?
The ‘abuse’ comes from Jack posting photos of her bank account with no money in (& countless other examples where she seeks to give the impression of someone who works hard for little reward) when she’s quite obviously making a lot of money by constantly giving the impression that she is poor-for any newbies reading here. It’s emotional manipulation of good natured people & dishonest. Rather than made up nonsense about mansions which nobody has ever claimed, why not dig in to why Jack is controversial? Honestly journalists, this isn’t hard. There’s a wealth of information out there from Jack herself.
Why would anyone target Jack otherwise? Ffs, it’s so frustrating how little due diligence is done-no wonder frauds get away with lies when journalists parrot their own propaganda rather than even bother to do a quick Google search when something clearly stinks.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.