Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There ya go
LJC. ONS ‘taking note’. duck you Jack. And duck you too Observer.

That's extremely embarrassing for whoever wrote that article. So many Jack tropes: the exhaustion, the former 90 hour working weeks, even, "It's coming, I'm on it" for the as yet non-existent VBI 😂
I wonder now how old the interview is?
ETA even if it’s a month old am awful lot has happened in that month.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Jack's parents may not have wanted her to move home, but what with big Dave being a pillar of the community. I think they would have preferred it to leaving their grandson cold and hungry which made them look like a pair of cunts. Especially as Jack did extensive blog posts about it.
Super behind so sorry if this has been said but it’s tricky having additional adults in the home if you foster. A friend’s parents fostered but also converted their basement into a separate flat to rent out & had a foster child removed from their care as they hadn’t notified the right people (as they saw it as an entirely separate property). I’d assume it’d take a while to get all the appropriate forms and checks back so maybe was never viable for them?

Doesn’t change the fact her parents are minted and her child never should have been cold or hungry whilst she was buying Denby 🫠

Reactions: 59
“Now, as winter draws
in, the 34-year-old is busier than
ever, fielding interview requests to debate the cost of living crisis and dish out advice “
Like requests to travel to Ireland to be interviewed for a feature story? Yarite.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I wonder now how old the interview is?
Wearing the same clothes and looking exactly the same as she did during that tortoise interview. But how could she be doing a photoshoot for a reader-voted award way back then, when votes won't be in?

• Wow
  • Haha
Wearing the same clothes and looking exactly the same as she did during that tortoise interview. But how could she be doing a photoshoot for a reader-voted award way back then, when votes won't be in?
Really makes you think
🤔

The suspicious thing to me (well, one of many) is that usually if she won an award, she'd be all over the socials like "You like me, you really really like me, I'm not worthy [actually yes I am]" but other than the boast about her banging outfit...... 0️⃣ Something big and unpleasant, like an investigative news story or a charity fraud case, is about to break IMO and she's lying low because of that.

Last edited:
That's it. duck you Guardian. You are a crap paper. I will avoid all your articles online (which is hard because George "Jack Monroe is the real deal" Mombiet writes some important stuff on climate.

And duck you being for begging money at the end of articles. You won't get it

• Heart
Reactions: 67
The interviewer just did a twitter search and had a 30s call with Jack. If I was her(Jack) I would be embarrassed.
If she did go to Dublin for the interview, guaranteed she spent 3 hours bitching about nefarious ninnies (us).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Source photos for you lovely canal, now duck off x

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Sliiiightly better than getting her to pose with a royal robe on, but that's the definition of damning with faint praise.
I was going to say, isn’t that the outfit she had on in that photo shoot just without the robe? I think they’ve just recycled an old photo rather than bring her in for a new shoot.

Reactions: 51
Ugh I want The Observer to upload this month’s OFM to the website. Desperate to see the Jack feature but can’t bring myself to go out and spend almost a fiver to buy the print edition purely to grunk!
Is the print version out today? I’m happy to buy it but god knows where to find it.

ETA - wow @Spooons amazing thank you!!!

Reactions: 23
So according to that “ interview Jack is still writing Thrifty Kitchen 🤔. Can anyone remember when the actual final no more chances deadline for that book was ?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Isn't it a shot from that Guardian red cape one? So it's quite old? They've just printed her lies, yet again. It's meant to be an acknowledgement of her winning this award and her work that supposedly achieved it but she waffles on about 'abuse' more than anything in that 😂.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Sod it. I paid 99p. Wish I didn’t. The Observer should be ashamed at the lack of due diligence done here - it’s not as if Teemill or Patreon are secrets that don’t come up immediately you search her name.

How embarrassing. She really doubled down on the ONS stuff too didn’t she?

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
3C628287-03E1-4EC7-98D8-35A3BE886AA2.jpeg

OH duck OFF, JACK. You’re NOT an “economist” you’re an arrogant deluded fantasist twit.

Also, that’s the first I’ve heard of her 2020 full on breakdown. Or is it? I can’t keep track of them anymore.

You know, even if that’s an old interview, the truth about the ONS has been out publicly for a month now and the dodgy stuff even longer. That only went to press this week, so they had ample opportunity to edit and truncate that piece, and chose not to but to laud her and publish her lies instead. I’m amazed there’s not a link to the tip jar at the end.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 110
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.