Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know at what point in the event was her award given out? There's a lot of awards still to be given behind her in that pic. Some of the other photos show fewer awards. *Dons tinfoil hat* I wonder did she come on for a photo before the event started and then left.
I think that's very likely. She's got two ready made excuses for asking them to get her in and out early in that she can't be around alcohol and there are assassins lurking waiting for the chance to LITERALLY KILL HER.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Re. a protest involving pouring milk all over the supermarket floor. Apparently there is still at least one person who thinks Jack's vegan lol.

Screenshot 2022-10-16 at 11.27.04.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
What in the name of Pablo Escobar is going on? There's an interview?!
I might need a cigarette (lifelong non smoker).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She knows and is pitied by alot of higher up people, therefore they keep enabling her despite it destroying her mental wellbeing. They should honestly encourage her into a job that suits her mental well being. She is not suited to this line of work she cannot accept critisim or people questioning her work.

Reactions: 40
So interesting that they’ve put SO little content for the OFM Awards on the website - Delia’s feature and a picture gallery only so far.

I feel a bit bad for some of the other winners who won’t get a wider and Googleable profile for their achievements - see the winners from 2019 up there for posterity. Wonder how much it’s about trying to quietly avoid any more JM controversy.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/series/observer-food-monthly-awards-2022

Attachments

Reactions: 29
Super behind so sorry if this has been said but it’s tricky having additional adults in the home if you foster. A friend’s parents fostered but also converted their basement into a separate flat to rent out & had a foster child removed from their care as they hadn’t notified the right people (as they saw it as an entirely separate property). I’d assume it’d take a while to get all the appropriate forms and checks back so maybe was never viable for them?

Doesn’t change the fact her parents are minted and her child never should have been cold or hungry whilst she was buying Denby 🫠
I think they may have stopped fostering by then, although Jack had lived with them previously and is a close family member, so unless any known reasons for her not to be covering n the family home, I think she would have been able to return.

Reactions: 21
The thing with most real activists is that they never speak that much about themselves and all their 'burning senses of injustice'. With Jack Monroe it's always about how fizzing with anger she is, how she was punching the wall after being frustrated and all the work she does.

Actual activists, or at least the ones you migth read interviews might talk a bit about themselves, but then centre their cause. Not even full-time activists but celebrity champions too. Think of Michael Sheen who personally put millions into the homeless foodball world cup years ago, because he believed so much in it. When he talks about that it's so much about the impact it has on the people that are involved that it makes you feel good just reading about it. Jack Monroe just wants you to feel bad for her and adore her.
This totally, I mean this might sound weird but Camilla Parker Bowles does a RIDICULOUS amount for womens refuges and charities helping women who’ve been victims of domestic violence. She’s been doing it for decades and really puts her back into it. The reason we don’t hear much about it is because she tends to keep it private and it’s work that is very personal to her. The only reason I know about it is because I do a lot of voluntary stuff in that area myself and I’ve never heard anyone spoken about with such admiration as Camilla by women in that sector. And I hope she talks about it more publicly now she’s queen because DV still kills 2 women a week in the UK.

Whereas Jack is more interested in talking about HER viral tweet, HER double spread in the times, HER so called trolls, HER hard work and suffering.

She drives me mad. I heartily dislike the Guardian Observer for several different reasons but even I’m surprised they continue to platform her, kind of cloth eared tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 120
It’s clear from the Obs article that the grift bandwagon is trundling on regardless and that it will keep going until at least the release of ‘Grifty Kitchen’ thanks to her second set of professional enablers, her publishing house and agent.

I’m glad to see Jack made a “coming soon, promise!” comment on the VBI work to go with the “coming soon, promise!” Patreon update. The more people who see her words and actions never align the better. Bet she gets dropped like a hot tit brick in early 2023 though.
Yeah, the "coming soon, promise!" bit is one of the bright spots in that piece for me. Lots of her supporters are so very certain that it already exists - it's good to have her own words available to show them that they're wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Slightly off topic, my husband just told me the comment he left on a car forum about a motoring YouTuber who rarely showers. He called the guy The CEO of B.O. and Master and Chief of the 4 day brief.
I had actual tears of laughter coming out thinking about Jack's 4 day leggings. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Does anyone know at what point in the event was her award given out? There's a lot of awards still to be given behind her in that pic. Some of the other photos show fewer awards. *Dons tinfoil hat* I wonder did she come on for a photo before the event started and then left.
I wondered if she has pulled her sober card or similar out & said can I skip the ceremony. The photo of her has totally different vibe to it than all the others, its closely cropped & just seems less part of the whole thing than the others. Or am I just perpetually jaded now?

Reactions: 46
Those photos from the photo shoot are just so cringe and awful, all of them, not just JM. Of course she had to go full-on with the narc-y OTT regal robe though, eh?
The interview...LJC her whining about abuse is exactly what caused me to dig deeper and find this place because I’d seen nothing but adulation until she was wailing on Twitter after HH2 about the hate. And, of course there’s absolutely zero about her actual campaigns, it’s all a heap of nothing about her. Surely these journos can see through the facade by now?
Vile.

ETA: using the word campaigns very much in inverted commas here. She’s a charlatan, end of.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I wondered if she has pulled her sober card or similar out & said can I skip the ceremony. The photo of her has totally different vibe to it than all the others, its closely cropped & just seems less part of the whole thing than the others. Or am I just perpetually jaded now?
Or the other reailty is she was sitting in corneer hissing and spitting at the other contestants who approached her, mumbling about deserving this! Hence no photos of her mingling. Thats my thoughts anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Those photos from the photo shoot are just so cringe and awful, all of them, not just JM. Of course she had to go full-on with the narc-y OTT regal robe though, eh?
The interview...LJC her whining about abuse is exactly what caused me to dig deeper and find this place because I’d seen nothing but adulation until she was wailing on Twitter after HH2 about the hate. And, of course there’s absolutely zero about her actual campaigns, it’s all a heap of nothing about her. Surely these journos can see through the facade by now?
Vile.
She has campaigns??

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.