Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we say ‘who dat?’ a lot on these threads, but the Cooking on a Bootstrap cover is probably the photo of Jack that looks the least like Jack. The tool belt is bleeping hilarious too. It’s like ‘how do we make this more butch? Ah yes, stick a tool belt on there.’ Have we ever seen Jack use tools or fix a single thing? Even Cotswolds comes pre-assembled.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
So interesting that they’ve put SO little content for the OFM Awards on the website - Delia’s feature and a picture gallery only so far.

I feel a bit bad for some of the other winners who won’t get a wider and Googleable profile for their achievements - see the winners from 2019 up there for posterity. Wonder how much it’s about trying to quietly avoid any more JM controversy.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/series/observer-food-monthly-awards-2022
Delia looks fantastic in the photo on her article. Imagine, an 81 year old looking better than a 34-year-old coke fiend…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I see Monica was there. I hope she did her special horrfied eyes when she went up for her reward. It would have made the night extra specical in mho!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I know we say ‘who dat?’ a lot on these threads, but the Cooking on a Bootstrap cover is probably the photo of Jack that looks the least like Jack. The tool belt is bleeping hilarious too. It’s like ‘how do we make this more butch? Ah yes, stick a tool belt on there.’ Have we ever seen Jack use tools or fix a single thing? Even Cotswolds comes pre-assembled.
We've seen Jack use a saw to cut down a For Sale sign!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Jack's spoken at length about her gender identity already, and it has nothing to do with her career, cooking, or the award she won. In context of the article, it comes across as a pre-emptive "don't criticise her because she's trans/non-binary!" We're not, we criticise her cuz she's a huge con artist. Next!

ETA: and, of course, she gets "budget baked bean blogger" in there. I guess they took out the "bit-part" cuz it makes no sense
jack specifies that journalists can refer to her as ‘she’ in like 75% of her interviews. It’s almost as if she’s…not non-binary.

also lol, the interviewer’s lack of enthusiasm for his subject couldn’t be more evident

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I think this is the best visual representation of why I stopped reading the Graun years ago

View attachment 1653988
Coming from the past; after reading this I have cancelled my yearly Guardian sub. That’s £95 they’ll be losing - duck them if they think they deserve it based on that article with JM. Truly shocking. I am really upset that this sort of puffery tit in the media makes her feel iron-clad and above criticism. duck you too Jack, you horrible lying narc charlatan.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
Whether vegan or not, why the duck is squig even mentioning Jack? What is the relevance?!?!
May be they are thinking that Jack will be popping round to asda to mop up the milk?

It won't be. It will be a cleaner on close to minimum wage. So much for effective protest.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I can't edit screenshots atm so unable to post but there's a tweet by a food person and former Jack Stan referencing the awards and praising TD and Olia Hercules. There's an implied criticism of an unnamed award recipient ...

Quick twitter search would imply they are involved with a food bank and saw the light around the time of the teemill incident.
If it’s who I think it is they won Community Food Champion in last yr’s BBC Food and Farming awards and are lovely and do not mess.

Reactions: 26
Jack admitted that she takes other people’s recipes & just changes bits. It was in a speech she gave (to a political conference, Scottish greens or Labour or something?). She’s never made up any recipe-everything’s someone else’s work (see also the ‘haunted pencil Rees Mogg & other ‘hot takes’)
Exactly that! All her recipes and cost cutting hacks are all out there for people to see, actually achieved by others. All JM does is collate them all together and credit them as her ideas. Also remember her twatter following ain't all people who love her. There's quite a few who want front row seats to the tit show. Especially if its all about to kick off.

Reactions: 33
I usually pop to the nearest M&S on a Sunday morning to pick up some nice bits for the week. Today I saved that money and we are going out for lunch instead. Not sure if I can live without cheese tasters though or their pizza deal.
ETA I know it won’t have any impact but it makes me feel better.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Coming from the past; after reading this I have cancelled my yearly Guardian sub. That’s £95 they’ll be losing - duck them if they think they deserve it based on that article with JM. Truly shocking. I am really upset that this sort of puffery tit in the media makes her feel iron-clad and above criticism. duck you too Jack, you horrible lying narc charlatan.
I’ve cancelled my guilt at never paying for a Guardian sub. That’s it, all gone.

To make today better I’m doing Fingers Kerridge’s turkey meatballs, with a rich sauce. I’m going in.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Screenshot 2022-10-16 12.28.01.png

🥰 Jack, I'm in the Halfpenny Lane branch of Asda in Pontefract and they've run out of Smart Price Lemon Curd. What would you recommend I buy instead because I'm ever so confused. #WhatWouldJackDo

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 105
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.