Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whether vegan or not, why the duck is squig even mentioning Jack? What is the relevance?!?!
Exactly

Sod off with the VBI, Jack
Sod off with your 'economist' spiel
Sort your patreon out
I'm staggered she has the nerve to do anything else
Absolute clown
Get in the bin (as the kids middle agers on twitter say)

P.S. I love your name @Potatoes O’Houlihan

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
The thing with most real activists is that they never speak that much about themselves and all their 'burning senses of injustice'. With Jack Monroe it's always about how fizzing with anger she is, how she was punching the wall after being frustrated and all the work she does.

Actual activists, or at least the ones you migth read interviews might talk a bit about themselves, but then centre their cause. Not even full-time activists but celebrity champions too. Think of Michael Sheen who personally put millions into the homeless foodball world cup years ago, because he believed so much in it. When he talks about that it's so much about the impact it has on the people that are involved that it makes you feel good just reading about it. Jack Monroe just wants you to feel bad for her and adore her.
Also, just when I think I am done being irritated by her, I read some more of her self proclaimed sainthood and it makes me absolutely livid about her lying, grifting face. My personal aneurysm - 'working 100 hours weeks. 100 hours = 14.3 hours × 7 days, every day. Doing what, exactly? Faffing about on Twitter? Volunteering at a food bank? What?? I have truly worked 16 hours days for weeks on end (because reasons), and we're talking *actual* work here, not faffing online. I am incensed on behalf of all the people who truly work really long hours to feed their families, and are robbed of their hard earned money by the lying, thieving charlatan.
Sorry, that article got to me.😡

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
View attachment 1654478

🥰 Jack, I'm in the Halfpenny Lane branch of Asda in Pontefract and they've run out of Smart Price Lemon Curd. What would you recommend I buy instead because I'm ever so confused. #WhatWouldJackDo
OMG Jack help! There are lots of very stressed-out looking people wandering around, picking fluffy and golden large baking potatoes up and putting them back again*

*homage to that hilarious squig tweet about the good folk of Charlton milling like a distressed flock in the local Asda after the yellow sticker items disappeared

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Also, just when I think I am done being irritated by her, I read some more of her self proclaimed sainthood and it makes me absolutely livid about her lying, grifting face. My personal aneurysm - 'working 100 hours weeks. 100 hours = 14.3 hours × 7 days, every day. Doing what, exactly? Faffing about on Twitter? Volunteering at a food bank? What?? I have truly worked 16 hours days for weeks on end (because reasons), and we're talking *actual* work here, not faffing online. I am incensed on behalf of all the people who truly work really long hours to feed their families, and are robbed of their hard earned money by the lying, thieving charlatan.
Sorry, that article got to me.😡
I'm with you - the tales of ever-increasing 80, 100, 120 hrs a week of "work" pisses me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
They were 🔺 recently but I can't find the post now. Shall start adding the post links to the stocktake spreadsheet.
And it fits with the pattern of everything about Jack turning out to be worse in reality than we ever guessed.

We've been making wisecracks about sweaty pleather traaazzers for months, assuming that they were £20-from-Primark numbers (or £90 Spanx at worst) - but the joke's on us. We'd have been better talking about them being made of three grand's worth of 90% vegan hand-boiled sheep's embryos, it would have been more realistic.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I'm with you - the tales of ever-increasing 80, 100, 120 hrs a week of "work" pisses me off.
I think she classifies all the time she is awake and conscious as work.

Going to the supermarket = 'research'
Making dinner = 'honing new recipies'
Having a bath = 'creating housework hacks'
Faffing about on Twitter = 'public engagement'
Looking after SB = 'being a role model for single mothers'
Purchasing expensive clothes = 'insurance against a further Poverty'

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Someone has thrown a net bag of lemons over the fence into my garden. Does this mean she's finally 📐 me? Is it a sign, like a chalk mark on my door?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 105
It’s MODEST, and two of the bedrooms are VERY SMALL though
View attachment 1654195
I had never seen that quote before this post Vali! It is NOT a “modest” size holy f*** that’s made me quite upset. I am biased because I grew up in the same damn town, just not the fancy bit of it that she did, and I know exactly where her house is, and not a single one of them is anything less than lovely and spacious by normal people’s standards, and hers certainly isn’t. (To be honest, even the 3 bed terraces in most of the town - even the less fancy bits - are quite a decent size.)

I now live in a city where space is at much more of a premium, and can’t afford to rent much of it for me and two kids, but have to make it work, so we do make it work. We’re technically overcrowded, but have no hope of social housing and I can’t afford a larger private rental, so as a household we just have to use the space we do have well. Which we manage to do by me not buying gigantic Cotswold sideboards or doubling up on chintz boilersuits, collecting hundreds of bits of crockery and cutlery for no reason, that sort of thing. Jack has no idea what a modest sized house is if she believes her lovely 3 bed detached in a sought-after road in Thorpe Bay is a modest size. I said in one of my early posts that she’s comparing herself to the yacht club/horsey families, instead of normal families, and I believe it even more now.

modest. F*** off.

(edited to correct my pissed-off typos. I’m leaving the poor grammar, because can’t be arsed to make it sound like I was relaxed writing this post. But I will not tolerate my own misspellings 😉)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 90
"a raging sense of injustice and an awful lot of snow coffee" don't make me bleeping laugh.
Turn the narc dial up to 11...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Everything that happens in a supermarket has to be reported to Jack by a dimwitted squig.
Indeed! This is the first rule of Squigdom. I hope that eventually that is all JackArse ever gets.

On any social media platform.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
"modest" her crappy bungalow is nearly twice the size of my 3 bed semi plus it has a 100ft garden.

The Rightmove listing shows it as 1700sqft, 158 sqm and the floor plan doesn't include the outbuildings so I assume they are extra.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.