Jack Monroe #416 Food Hero? LMAO, should be in the dock for crimes against pasta.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am guessing that the award had been decided before all the broo-ha. Rock and a hard place: withdraw a reader-nominated award and risk her wrath and that of her half a mill followers or award it to a lying twit and risk ours. Also, we know the allegations are true but they haven't been proven per se. Accusations of defamation and slander might result from any stripping/withdrawal of the award.
There is a lot more power in recinding an award than not giving one in the first place. Nice ace to have up the sleeve, should you ever want one.
these threads bring out the nefarious in me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Either she requested no photos beyond the one with the editor or she's being cancelled in plain sight.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Forgot to post this the other day. If and when an expose in Jack comes out (Action Fraud or an article), I wish it would hurry up. I’m looking forward to how Jack will handle it. Hard to play the victim when you’ve ripped people off.
There should be a support group set up for people who have cooked and eaten a Jackslop.

Slopmunchers Anonymous maybe?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
View attachment 1656232
Dress is Monsoon-thought it was-the cultural appropriation gave it away. 😂 Only revealed by a Pinterest search using her photo which brought up her Twitter post flogging her clothes. She says bought for a fire service do but not worn to it. Silky delight etc. Hang on…
ETA: Jack’s mitherings and another example of her Tory attitude. Of course the stupid idiots in the charity shop wouldn’t set a ‘fair’ price. Why should some poor cow on a low income get a Monsoon dress? Nasty little madam.View attachment 1656242View attachment 1656243
Because everyone's stupid apart from Saint Jack, obviously. Monsoon is seriously £££, but of course the little charity shop workers wouldn't know that. Patronising t*at.

• Angry
Reactions: 36
Don’t think I had seen this picture before. There are so many fire safety issues it’s almost like a staged picture for a fire brigade safety campaign. Absolutely incredible considering how much she rates her fire service knowledge and experience, makes you think.
Is that a necklace draped around the lamp base?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Entirely possible. Or, she went round to her parents house to boast about her award and found THAT MAN in the kitchen teaching her receptive Mam how to cook perfect roast potatoes (that Fingers Kerridge was helpfully peeling), while the rest of the family clapped and cheered and Nigella called her Mam “tender one” as she watched it all on Zoom.

That or she found out that her assaulted Ian Duncan Smith adoring brother has been offered a presenting segment on Saturday Kitchen and a Guardian column. Or her “little brother” came on his weekly trip to pick up her washing and ironing for Mam to do, and when he brought it back the grey pov jumper had a massive ironing burn hole in the front.

Or, as already suggested, the shelf fell down again.

Oh, and if anyone’s wondering what to have for dinner tonight and has a spare 38p kicking around the place, The Abominable SnowCook ❄ has Saturday night sorted for you.
Sorry, I mean Saturday Night Dinner

Raw and burned broccoli, oily barley, some sort of strange semi-translucent creamy repugnance she’s claiming is raita and the saddest greasy wilted flat-as-a-pancake spring onion you’ll (hopefully) ever see. Dinner, anyone?!
View attachment 1653026
I've missed a few (hundred 💀) threads - is this a real recipe of hers??

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
There should be a support group set up for people who have cooked and eaten a Jackslop.

Slopmunchers Anonymous maybe?
I have cooked and eaten one of her recipes. Well, I say it was her recipe but like most people, I don't follow it slavishly (cold oil in a cold pan? I can hear my Home Ec teacher yelling at me) and I don't use lowest common denominator ingredients, so it was fine.

Reactions: 21
The only Monroe recipes that work are the recipes she plagiarised ('adapted') from other cookbook authors

Reactions: 34
Beer usually means ale or bitter though. I suppose to Jack all drinks are interchangeable. 😂

Don’t think I had seen this picture before. There are so many fire safety issues it’s almost like a staged picture for a fire brigade safety campaign. Absolutely incredible considering how much she rates her fire service knowledge and experience, makes you think.
Holy Moly that needs a scrubadub. Or all chucking in a skip. It really is like a ‘click the hazard’ safety training picture.

Because everyone's stupid apart from Saint Jack, obviously. Monsoon is seriously £££, but of course the little charity shop workers wouldn't know that. Patronising t*at.
And of course she wouldn’t want anyone else to benefit from Nicole Farhi on a ‘sale rail’ now would she?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Do you think Jack had a bodyguard for the OFM event?
Presumably someone took the photo of her looking 'banging' before 24 whole hours of some devastating tragedy befell her? Unless she set up her tripod?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I have cooked and eaten one of her recipes. Well, I say it was her recipe but like most people, I don't follow it slavishly (cold oil in a cold pan? I can hear my Home Ec teacher yelling at me) and I don't use lowest common denominator ingredients, so it was fine.
That's the problem with Jack's recipes, they only work if they're changed. Inexperienced cooks think they've must have mucked their recipe up but it's Jack and her lack of basic knowledge. How many noobs have been put off cooking meals because of her?
She's an hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Presumably someone took the photo of her looking 'banging' before 24 whole hours of some devastating tragedy befell her? Unless she set up her tripod?
I think perhaps she had a secret solo photoshoot, no uploads of photos with friends at the event for security reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
That's the problem with Jack's recipes, they only work if they're changed. Inexperienced cooks think they've must have mucked their recipe up but it's Jack and her lack of basic knowledge. How many noobs have been put off cooking meals because of her?
She's an hole.
And when she's asked for help she doubles down and gaslights the person, implies it's all their fault rather than a terrible recipe. hole.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.