Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
Just off Jack for a minute (sorry, Jack)...
Thanks to all you amazing hausfrauen for all your good wishes! F***ing hell, moving house is stressful, isn't it?

I was supposed to move on Friday but the funds didn't go from the bank to the advocate as they should have, so I spent all day frantically making phonecalls. The bank admitted they had cocked up. By the time I got the keys, just before close of business, I felt physically and emotionally too tired to move. I just crumpled and all I wanted to do was spend the night in my old familiar surroundings. I felt a sort of grief, wasn't ready to let go. Luckily, my buyers were happy with that - they're not moving in, they're going to gut the place and renovate from scratch.

Anyway, I moved on Saturday with amazing help from friends. The first night was a shocker - I lay awake, overtired, in this strange place which had belonged to my vendors for 45 years. So worried about my little, elderly cat, who was so upset by the change that she hid in a cupboard for hours. I had sleep paralysis and imagined a dark figure crossing the room!

But! A few days later and things look very different. I've completely unpacked and am slowly settling and relaxing. Dear Puss has found her appetite and is tentatively exploring. It's such a beautiful place, I can't believe it's really mine. There's a lot of work to do but all in good time.

Big long distance hug and lots of love to everyone here. This community is so, so fab. XXX

PS Jack, you have blancmange for brains and are an utterly ridiculous person.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
Jack strikes me as the type who would just burst into tears upon being confronted in a debate - she’s at her best and most intelligent being a keyboard warrior and that’s really saying something...
She does. She went head to head with Edwina Currie on some political talk show, and was doing her best bolshie gobby activist shtick, when Edwina calmly reminded Jack that her grandad was a wealthy property owner. The look on her face was priceless and then she burst into tears.
jm.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82

Harrybosch

VIP Member
Hi coven

I have few thoughts I need to share before I get on with work (guys, I'm BUSY).

First of all, thanks @LennyBriscoe , partner in crime-fighting and unfortunately horrible childhood trauma. I really appreciated your post. I couldn't respond yesterday. It just all got a bit too much. Also hope @MancBee is ok today. And everyone else who has experience of what we are talking about. This thread sure brings up a lot of stuff.

I have to say, I didn't love thread 40 (apart from its amazing title of course). There seemed to be a lot of posts suggesting JM should be sectioned, her child should be taken away from here, etc. I don't like it when this forum takes that tone (and yes, of course, while I'm a cop, I'm not actually the thread police, so you can all do what you want, it's just my 2 cents). It just makes me uncomfortable, a bit like people saying the RSPCC should be called about her kitten. Yes, she's awful, but I personally can't see any evidence for behaviour that would warrant sectioning or other authorities getting involved. She's unhinged on Twitter, but so are many and it doesn't mean she's a terrible parent. I just don't think it's a sensible conclusion to draw.

Regarding DW, I'm much, much more concerned about allegations about his behaviour with teenage girls coming to light. Those text exchanges read very inappropriate and creepy. I cannot see how they can be explained away.

Regardless, her 'book analysis' is just so flawed. Like a previous poster showed, the term 'slag' is used by a horrible character and it illustrates how horrible he is. This is pretty much true of all the examples she cited. I don't like them because I think they are lazy and not funny, but I was obsessed with Goosebumps, which is the epitome of writing by numbers, but I devoured them all. You'll be pleased to know that I haven't turned into a serial killer.

Conclusion, she's still an idiot, trying to get attention where she can. I agree that her downfall will not be spectacular. It'll be a trickle. Work will dry up. There might be another peak or two before that happens, but it will. She's showing her true colours for everyone to see now. People don't like cancel culture. They don't like the gloating. She's coming at people within her own industry. Which editor would like to work with her after her rants about Harper Collins and their staff? Not many, is my guess. The industry is small. People know each other. People talk. They may not tweet about it. But they'll file it away, in their crazy little minds, for future reference.

As you were.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78

instacharlie

VIP Member
View attachment 175119Jack, you are ‘qwhite’. Sit down.
I've seen this pic a few times, but the lighting difference seems wrong.
So I bought the book, just for reference (I have not read it yet though)
These give a more balanced idea of the illustrations. Apologies if these have already been posted elsewhere! I'm trying to keep up and read from
the start as well....half way through😂
20200707_190428.jpg
20200707_190416.jpg
20200707_190352.jpg
20200707_191100.jpg
20200707_190505.jpg
20200707_190452.jpg
20200707_190446.jpg

All photos taken in natural light, no editing done.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
She's such a hypocrite. When she did the Kickstarter, she asked for people to donate copies to schools....

Screenshot_20200707_101200_com.ecosia.android.jpg

This book, which she was asking people to donate to schools so am guessing she was aiming them at kids(??) contains the following recipe....

IMG_20200707_101824.jpg

Which along with the delightfully child friendly title, also references anal sex??

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 70

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
It makes it more dramatic.
I actually find this really upsetting. I waited 13 years to actually marry my wife, converting it from a civil partnership after 6 years. When we were able to call each other wife and wife (🤗😂) it was a momentous occasion and not one to be taken lightly. More to the point, in many countries, some people are not given the freedoms we are and are not able to cement their relationships with their loved ones in the way we are lucky enough to be.

• Heart

lilamay

VIP Member
Nigella's social media activity yesterday: posts three glorious food photos on Instagram with links to the recipes. Shares one of these on Twitter too, where she also retweets a guide to west African cuisine from a BAME chef, shares a recipe for Fried Chicken as it was National Fried Chicken Day, and mentions a board game she's discovered and loves.

JM's social media activity yesterday: well, just see Threads #39 and #40.

• Haha
  • Heart

missbct

Chatty Member
See this is the thing. I actually agree with Jack that the books are full of shit, stereotypes, casual sexism/racism etc.

But her tirades, her over dramatic tweets and insertion of absolutely anything that has to do with her, and the gleeful attitude when she gets everyone riled is just fucking bullying. She knows that she can start a pile on to DW with her sycophants bumping it up. She knows it’ll go viral because she’s been shittagged before.

If she wanted to make a difference she could make a measured, inoffensive blog post about the issues, like a real professional, and look to steer that towards the publishers rather than making it hugely personal to DW. She, of all people, moans about the effect of personally directed bullying (because she’s always the fucking victim) and has literally started a tsunami of hate directed at DW.

The Fifty Shades of Grey books are fucking shit too, glorifies abusive relationships and are a piss poor representation of BDSM. But they gained traction because people enjoyed them for whatever reason and the author wrote more based on the popularity of them. DW has done no different - if a publisher says ‘here is x amount of money to write x amount of books based loosely on your writing style’ you’re gonna do it.

What you don’t expect is some bitter, twisted bully coming along years later to start a campaign that could quite possibly ruin that persons profession and income.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Silver Linings

VIP Member
81317BA3-2F0C-4590-A655-E2B48809E0A2.jpeg
6985069B-B07E-4285-9445-29F2D98C66AD.jpeg

‘Bangs’ I’m surprised she didn’t use her trusty bread knife. It’s ok to have normal scissors, Jack. Not every tale needs a twist.

• Haha
  • Wow

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Just had a rando cat (I don't own a cat) get all up in my NICHE while I'm doing my morning Grunka. Quick, let me just whip off my dressing gown and I'll have a thirsty video for you fraus in no time!
DSCPDC_0002_BURST20200707091150074_COVER.JPG

• Haha
  • Heart

Flumps

VIP Member
Lads... I take a few days off....

I'm actually shook. There's too much isn't there? After that panic-inducing tweet last week, this is where she goes. I cannot with the saviour thing she is rewriting that little episode into. I just cannot.

Shout out to thread archivist @Silver Linings - solid, solid work.

Love to @MancBee, @LennyBriscoe (I saw a film with you in it the other day, but you were a bad, bad man) and @Harrybosch. You said all the things I would have said on that subject, for all the reasons I would have said it. So many feelz to you all.

@PennyLoafer - hurrah for being in your new home.

I'm not very coherent today. I am not sleeping well, and I had a hospital visit yesterday that resulted in a biopsy in a place where no one wants snippy metal things, so I'm all out of sorts and crampy now. Thanks for all the receipts and all the much funnier than I can manage postings. x

• Heart
Reactions: 63

acca00

Chatty Member
Jack tweeted this: " I was six years old when the song *st *lbs was released by the Manic Street Preachers. I heard it on the radio"

The song was never released as a single. It was a song on the album "The Holy Bible", that's all. So why would it be played on the radio? At the time it was seen as a controversial song with its lyrics - so it would not be given radio play.

Just MORE LIES from Jack. She can't stop.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 63