Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone else is wrong, wrong wrong!
E1A7B891-360A-424B-AF17-03ACA77A2DAE.jpg

all I can focus on in this screenshot is her demonic grinning (not sad) little face up top. I note we've not heard much about how amazingly well her latest book is selling

(in before I actually catch up and find out she has)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
According to this article her advance was 25k and that was for a one book deal. If you look at the #publishingpaidme hash tag that circulated twitter a couple of weeks ago you’ll see that for an unpublished author’s first book (and a single title deal, not one for two or three books) that’s a pretty bloody good cheque.

Looks like a timeline in there. Left Fire Service job in July 2012. Offered book deal in December 2012. That article written in May 2013.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
What wife? Because it wasn't Louisa as much as Jack wanted to 'wife her up' (horrible phrase). I am G'Ling just now but re the slag issue. Someone a few pages ago posted the context and reading that I thought that a male character was calling another male a slag? Might need to go back and check that though. Also really grateful to how thoughtful everyone is for using the spoilers. Some days I can read it but other days I just can't so the spoilers definitely help. Right back to journeying through space and time 🙋‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sounds spot on! genuine, helpful, actually sounds like my kitchen set up. I have an Instant Pot too that helps. The swede/squash thing, I microwave then whole for 6 minutes or so, makes it easier to cut. You could try the hitting a cleaver with a mallet technique I used to cut things up when my right hand was in plaster.
Oooh dying to hear about Instant Pot experiences, I think I want one.

Reactions: 9
And the rest tipped out of it's secure packaging and left lying around in piles in little clear plastic boxes cos Jack only takes special magic meds that don't ever expire or degrade under exposure to light in any way.
I keep my meds in an enamel first aid tin. The current strips get kept on the tray and the boxes sit underneath in the body of the tin. It's sturdy enough to stop the dogs and cats getting in and there's no little fingers in this household. OTC meds and heavy duty first aid items are in a lockable IKEA wall medicine cabinet which is only locked to keep it closed, and there's a smaller first aid tin in the kitchen with plasters, antiseptic etc. If I can be arsed or am working, I sort a week at a time into a seven day pill box. I don't bloody mix them all up loose into little dinky boxes as I'm not a narcissistic idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I do actually remember the craft business that's mentioned in that article. She made cushions out of band t shirts/framed album prints. I remember seeing them for sale on her website when she first came to prominence.

At the time I thought it was strange because she'd claimed to have sold all her possessions, so I've always had her down as a bullshitter.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Oooh dying to hear about Instant Pot experiences, I think I want one.
The Instant Pot is fabulous and there are loads of great recipes and Facebook groups with tons of recipes online. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: 11
Found these replies on Insta. So Mrs J LEFT 10 weeks ago, nice to throw it venomously about again! The flowers she posted from her ‘friends’ including blue bird books, were to cheer her up after the breakup, not connected to the DW debacle, despite her making it look like it was. Then she gaslit the follower when it was pointed out how he was to know, and rightly he calls her out. Ironically I’m not sure if he was meant to sound like Vicky Pollard off Little Britain, in his response, but that’s the voice I read it with in my head 😂View attachment 175075View attachment 175077
[/Q
I really don't understand the last reply... I get the gist though.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
She'd be a tit pharmacist.

'Hi, my lip hurts really bad, do you have anything for it?'

'YOUR LIP HURTS? MINE IS SO OUCHY! ITS ACTUALLY ALMOST FALLING OFF'

'PLASTERS? YOU WANT PLASTERS? I ACTUALLY STOOD ON GLASS AND NEARLY BLED TO DEATH'

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Would highly recommend. I’ve deleted both Insta and Twitter apps recently and feel much better for it. Hope it helps if you decide to do it.
Thank you ❤ I’ve had a quite severe MH crisis over the last two weeks tbh. I won’t go into it because I don’t know how to tag the trigger warning things for DV but I left a violent relationship 6 years ago and had issues with my ex since then. The Tom Keighan thing has triggered me today after reading the details. I like coming on here to vent and know it’s a safe space. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Lads... I take a few days off....

I'm actually shook. There's too much isn't there? After that panic-inducing tweet last week, this is where she goes. I cannot with the saviour thing she is rewriting that little episode into. I just cannot.

Shout out to thread archivist @Silver Linings - solid, solid work.

Love to @MancBee, @LennyBriscoe (I saw a film with you in it the other day, but you were a bad, bad man) and @Harrybosch. You said all the things I would have said on that subject, for all the reasons I would have said it. So many feelz to you all.

@PennyLoafer - hurrah for being in your new home.

I'm not very coherent today. I am not sleeping well, and I had a hospital visit yesterday that resulted in a biopsy in a place where no one wants snippy metal things, so I'm all out of sorts and crampy now. Thanks for all the receipts and all the much funnier than I can manage postings. x

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Updated etc. list:

ADHD
Alcoholism
Anaphylaxis
Anorexia
Anxiety
Arthritis
Asthma
Autism
Body Focused Repetitive Beaviour
Broke 46 bones in her foot and sprained shoulder
Concussion (severe)
Depression
Disfigured legs
Distended knees
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Hair loss
Hay Fever (severe)
Heart problems
Immuno compromised
Loose skin
Mouth ulcers and ouchy mouth
Panic attacks
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Scarring
Trauma
Violence
Weakened knees (fell under a train)
Whiplash (severe)

Please keep up, dear heart.
Didn’t she also say domestic violence ?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.