Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen this pic a few times, but the lighting difference seems wrong.
So I bought the book, just for reference (I have not read it yet though)
These give a more balanced idea of the illustrations. Apologies if these have already been posted elsewhere! I'm trying to keep up and read from
the start as well....half way through😂View attachment 175158View attachment 175159View attachment 175160View attachment 175161View attachment 175162View attachment 175163View attachment 175165

All photos taken in natural light, no editing done.

Holy tit — those illustrations!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
The size of her ego! So we’re in for a long night then, as lectures like that always precede a tantrum.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Just off Jack for a minute (sorry, Jack)...
Thanks to all you amazing hausfrauen for all your good wishes! F***ing hell, moving house is stressful, isn't it?

I was supposed to move on Friday but the funds didn't go from the bank to the advocate as they should have, so I spent all day frantically making phonecalls. The bank admitted they had cocked up. By the time I got the keys, just before close of business, I felt physically and emotionally too tired to move. I just crumpled and all I wanted to do was spend the night in my old familiar surroundings. I felt a sort of grief, wasn't ready to let go. Luckily, my buyers were happy with that - they're not moving in, they're going to gut the place and renovate from scratch.

Anyway, I moved on Saturday with amazing help from friends. The first night was a shocker - I lay awake, overtired, in this strange place which had belonged to my vendors for 45 years. So worried about my little, elderly cat, who was so upset by the change that she hid in a cupboard for hours. I had sleep paralysis and imagined a dark figure crossing the room!

But! A few days later and things look very different. I've completely unpacked and am slowly settling and relaxing. Dear Puss has found her appetite and is tentatively exploring. It's such a beautiful place, I can't believe it's really mine. There's a lot of work to do but all in good time.

Big long distance hug and lots of love to everyone here. This community is so, so fab. XXX

PS Jack, you have blancmange for brains and are an utterly ridiculous person.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
Everyone is such a bloody goldfish. I bet that follower is thinking ‘hang on, i’m sure you said he didn’t write them.’ Now she’s been told off by Perry bloody Mason and feels bad.

Reactions: 17
Sorry I know I’m waaaaay behind, but I didn’t even know Jack Monroe wasn’t her name?! I just took it for granted that it was her actual, real name.
Tbf it is her real name. You're right in that it's not her birth name but she legally changed her name to Jack Monroe before she ever found fame (or Twitter) so it's been her real name for a solid 10+ years iirc

Reactions: 20
To be honest they both come off as insufferable beasts - but I did laugh when the grandfather was brought up and she goes, ‘My grandfather is DEAD.’

Not that it’s funny her grandfather is dead, of course - just the dramatic way she says it, like she’s a character in Days our Lives.
For it to be truly Days of Our Lives, we would cut across to her grandfather hiding round the corner
View attachment 175145Somebody is being suspiciously pleasant/professional again.
Tin can bleep strikes again. bleeping gaslighting THIS WOMAN by being all sweetness and light, after her previously very aggressive response to her. She’s evil!!

Do you reckon she's printed out our profile pictures to create a rogue's gallery while she triangulates us 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Arthritis
I think her mother has arthritis. She fundraises for it, and she was a nurse.

Maybe this is where it all comes from. Her mother was a nurse, caring for sick people. Her parents fostered children who had "trauma" and "need". Jack felt she didn't get enough attention - so she invents all these illnesses, just to get attention.

Reactions: 29
Also, book content aside, as a published author I find it very sad that she had no idea what her son's possibly favourite books were, or what he's read, until he's down to the last in the collection. Has she never discussed with him what he's been reading?

• Sad
Reactions: 32
To be honest they both come off as insufferable beasts - but I did laugh when the grandfather was brought up and she goes, ‘My grandfather is DEAD.’

Not that it’s funny her grandfather is dead, of course - just the dramatic way she says it, like she’s a character in Days our Lives.
Well that was a tit show, as bad as each other but some valid points raised all the same. I liked the audience chant about every mother being a working mother.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Also, book content aside, as a published author I find it very sad that she had no idea what her son's possibly favourite books were, or what he's read, until he's down to the last in the collection. Has she never discussed with him what he's been reading?
My parents always talked about books with me. My dad would read me bedtime stories and stood in line outside Tesco on several occasions to buy me the latest in a series I loved. My mum isn't a big reader at all but she's always asked me about the books I'm reading and for recommendations, even now. She doesn't tend to read them because it's not her thing but she knows I love books and she liked hearing me talk about the things I loved. I'd have thought a parent who was more bookish would be even more keen to do this kind of thing 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.