Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick question.. Is she in a relationship? Don't know much about her, but I thought I read she was living with an executive who works with Channel 4? One of her latest tweets implies she's a single parent?
According to Jack she just upped and walked out on her one day.

Undoubtedly there is a lot more to it than that.

EDITED to add - And she changes her story on how much time SB spends with his father. Strictly speaking no she's not a single parent, she is co parenting but she now lives alone since Louisa no longer lives there.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
“I failed my grammar school, I got four GCSEs”

I wonder who she blames for that?
I lived in the South East for a few years as a child. I failed my 11+ and got put in awful comprehensive before we thankfully moved back to South Wales and then went to a tit, but slightly less tit, comp! It is unfair to judge a child's intelligence via a test they can be coached for, and essentially begin determining their career trajectory aged 11 but whatever. When you're in an awful state school, it's largely down to yourself to pull yourself out of that. I wish it wasn't that way but it is. And people across the country experience this. Life is unfair, the odds are stacked against so many. Be grateful you were able to secure a job where you earnt £27K by the age of 22 and then were ultimately able to forge a successful career as a writer.

Reactions: 26
Yes ABSOLUTELY x
I can see this getting really out of hand. Its one of those things where I peeking out from behind a sofa. It's going to go to tit and the result is SOMEONE'S going to get hurt.

Reactions: 7
Haha, should have put a caveat my main experience is house plant related! Have taken up 'proper' gardening in lockdown which has been a baptism of fire tbh! What I have mostly discovered is that you should check if it's in the right place in the garden/roughly the right kind of soil/ the right stuff to hang on to. Def feed it from time to time, and apparently pruning the duck out of things at the right time is essential to enhanced health and growth.

I read this the other day which was quite helpful https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=463
Are we doing #lockdowngardens now? Yes, absolutely!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
First time I’ve seen a blue ticker in the wild engage in the debate!
And Tom’s a member of the Groucho too, I’ve seen him in there a few times. Could be awkward if she runs into him (obviously, she’d just hide in the toilets)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Jack's ex, Louisa Compton, who had the good sense to leave Jack and run for the hills, commissioned last year a Channel 4 doc on poverty. "Growing Up Poor" - about children in poverty and having troubles. It's quite funny to think - that Louisa was involved with Jack, having to listen to her pretend-poor life and all the bullshit - and she was thinking, "well I've done a doc on real poverty and it's nothing like your life"!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I've found the Edwina Currie clip online!!! Here's the link:

And the Edwina/Jack bit is around the 32:00 mark. I love it!!!
To be honest they both come off as insufferable beasts - but I did laugh when the grandfather was brought up and she goes, ‘My grandfather is DEAD.’

Not that it’s funny her grandfather is dead, of course - just the dramatic way she says it, like she’s a character in Days our Lives.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Jack's ex, Louisa Compton, who had the good sense to leave Jack and run for the hills, commissioned last year a Channel 4 doc on poverty. "Growing Up Poor" - about children in poverty and having troubles. It's quite funny to think - that Louisa was involved with Jack, having to listen to her pretend-poor life and all the bullshit - and she was thinking, "well I've done a doc on real poverty and it's nothing like your life"!
Disappointed it’s not this year, would be hilarious to see a rant about a doc from her ex “wife”

It was Jack's tactic to shut down Edwina, because her fake poverty was being outed live on TV!!!!
I really dislike edwina but this is so cringe, it’s like she imagine no one else has prepared/ researched

Reactions: 17
I think the hatred for JO comes from them both having a similar start to life - both sets of parents were very comfortably off. But he went and did the catering college/duck all money route, whereas she did the 'get a job off my Dad's back' route. And then he did fall on his feet with his now wife's job and connections to be able to get the first solo gig - but she sees the advantages he had, not the fact that he still started as pretty much potwash and it developed from there on the basis of him being good at it. If she hadn't packed in her original extremely well paid job (as though she didn't have parents or the money to afford a childminder), she'd have been perfectly happy where she was and would never have bothered a baked bean in public.

I'm not a JO fan, I don't attribute any value to kitchen implements or bottles of olive oil with his name stamped on them, any more than I valued a sugared almond pink pudding basin with Nigella on the box. But it does boil down to he chose a career path, did the tit times, did the college, caught a few breaks and all the way through, he has always enjoyed cooking and food. And most importantly for the fame and fortune side, he is good in front of a camera, as he has the ability (which he had right from the beginning) to make it appear that he is speaking directly to the person watching, not that he is doing a performance in front of people and it's all so artificial and weird and where do I look or speak.

She didn't chose this career path. She fell into it from a position of not wanting to do it and then saw the money. She doesn't even like food, never mind cooking. She doesn't have the training (available at an Adult Education Centre near you), the experience of cleaning down at 3am, having a chef tell you that your chiffonade is more like a bag of potato peelings and to do it again properly, of explaining very carefully what the chemical processes are that make it essential to cook onions slowly and gently before adding garlic. He's had people saying his ideas are tit - to his face, too. Hating a job, being tit at it and yet wanting the advantages it can bring is why she detests people who love their job, are good at it and benefit from the advantages of being good at it.

She wouldn't have lasted ten minutes at my secondary school. She wouldn't have lasted five in any kitchen I've ever worked in. Because they can't be doing with whining, wailing and 'I'm TOO GOOD for this'; if your boss tells you you're cleaning out the skanky back of the fridge and you need to stay until it's sparkling clean, you do it if you want to keep you genuinely crappy paid job. Thinking you're too good for anything is the guaranteed way to always be unhappy.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I lived in the South East for a few years as a child. I failed my 11+ and got put in awful comprehensive before we thankfully moved back to South Wales and then went to a tit, but slightly less tit, comp! It is unfair to judge a child's intelligence via a test they can be coached for, and essentially begin determining their career trajectory aged 11 but whatever. When you're in an awful state school, it's largely down to yourself to pull yourself out of that. I wish it wasn't that way but it is. And people across the country experience this. Life is unfair, the odds are stacked against so many. Be grateful you were able to secure a job where you earnt £27K by the age of 22 and then were ultimately able to forge a successful career as a writer.
I went to Grammar School. Have never earned anything close to £27K and my career includes being a bank manager in the early 90s.

Reactions: 22
Babe, same! re: the tit comprehensive. There are no grammar schools in my area so I find that whole thing so weird. Like I understand the idea of wanting to give intelligent WC pupils a better education but 11 is very young and also the privilege is inescapable as not all kids have parents with the time, effort, money and knowledge to encourage / supervise them with studying

She was privileged to go to a grammar school and if she failed, that’s on her. I don’t hold that against her as all teenagers duck something up - but her countering the point with “I only got 4 GCSEs” is just irrelevant

Also not to mention how she ended up with that 27k job *coughs* nepotism

• Heart
Reactions: 23
To be honest they both come off as insufferable beasts - but I did laugh when the grandfather was brought up and she goes, ‘My grandfather is DEAD.’

Not that it’s funny her grandfather is dead, of course - just the dramatic way she says it, like she’s a character in Days our Lives.
When Rachel Johnson is the most sensible and level headed on a panel, you know you’re in trouble.

Veritable who’s who in the audience, too. I spotted Owen Jones and Anabel Giles - it’s like Question Time meets Celebrity Big Brother.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
They spilt up around *checks calendar* May 7th.
Ok so around the time she got annoyed because Jamie Oliver had a lockdown series on C4? She was obviously hoping the gig should have gone to her?
Thank you for filling me in. And also @AmTellinYa and @crystaleyesd 😊
Not surprised she walked out, Jack seems like a complete and utter brat when she doesn't get her way.
Hopefully, she's shot herself in the foot with the latest rant and we won't see her on mainstream tv anymore.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.