Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MAIL OUT YOUR BOOKS JACK!! Surely, suuuurely that should be her priority, actually providing her supporters with items they have paid for, rather than spending all day/night reading children's books?? God that makes my blood boil.
Are people seriously still waiting for books they have paid for? This has been going on for years.

Reactions: 21
The irony! How many Twitter flounces has she done just over the last few weeks?
“I’m taking a break”
“I’m going now”
“I’ve got work to do”
“I’m still on here for work though”
Must not reply to her saying the revolving door on your departure gate was retired due to excessive use over 4 years ago!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Babe, same! re: the tit comprehensive. There are no grammar schools in my area so I find that whole thing so weird. Like I understand the idea of wanting to give intelligent WC pupils a better education but 11 is very young and also the privilege is inescapable as not all kids have parents with the time, effort, money and knowledge to encourage / supervise them with studying

She was privileged to go to a grammar school and if she failed, that’s on her. I don’t hold that against her as all teenagers duck something up - but her countering the point with “I only got 4 GCSEs” is just irrelevant

Also not to mention how she ended up with that 27k job *coughs* nepotism
I went to a convent, I got 2 GCSEs and ended up earning £25k at 21yrs old. She had plenty opportunities to do well given her circumstances. Shes just a lazy entitled bleep.

Reactions: 20
I am absolutely dying inside for her. She could've researched this in private (she truly has shown that she has nothing else to do right now) and written a decent piece raising the issues for discussion. Instead, she's in a frenzy and has come off looking madder than ever. I think she enjoys the "I'm crazy and unpredictable aren't I hehe" reputation.

I feel like she got fed up of people saying she was flaking with her BLM promises, amongst other things, and has decided to grab this bull by the horns and go full throttle. The snowflake avalanche tweet and changing her name to Jack Monroeflake in a weak attempt at 'reclaiming' the word absolutely stinks and makes a mockery of real issues right now. I've said it before and will say it again, she is vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Not really. I think she added vegan to be witty, (and of course she’s not even vegan) but in all seriousness a lot of vegans keep it secret to avoid getting attacked. I was volunteering alongside a fellow long-time vegan for two years before we found out about each other!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
“Harder to come out as still skint than to come out as disabled vegan non-binary transgender lesbian”

I imagine that it is hard to “come out” as various things, when none of those things are true.
I've seen her mention she's disabled before , did she ever say how ?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am absolutely dying inside for her. She could've researched this in private (she truly has shown that she has nothing else to do right now) and written a decent piece raising the issues for discussion. Instead, she's in a frenzy and has come off looking madder than ever. I think she enjoys the "I'm crazy and unpredictable aren't I hehe" reputation.
Why hasn't she just done the £15 school meals menu thing, then she could be praised and made a fuss of for putting something actually good into the world...

Or if she really felt compelled to do this DW thing, pitch an article to the Guardian - they seem to accept any old tit she writes. At least she'd get paid then.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I think the hatred for JO comes from them both having a similar start to life - both sets of parents were very comfortably off. But he went and did the catering college/duck all money route, whereas she did the 'get a job off my Dad's back' route. And then he did fall on his feet with his now wife's job and connections to be able to get the first solo gig - but she sees the advantages he had, not the fact that he still started as pretty much potwash and it developed from there on the basis of him being good at it. If she hadn't packed in her original extremely well paid job (as though she didn't have parents or the money to afford a childminder), she'd have been perfectly happy where she was and would never have bothered a baked bean in public.

I'm not a JO fan, I don't attribute any value to kitchen implements or bottles of olive oil with his name stamped on them, any more than I valued a sugared almond pink pudding basin with Nigella on the box. But it does boil down to he chose a career path, did the tit times, did the college, caught a few breaks and all the way through, he has always enjoyed cooking and food. And most importantly for the fame and fortune side, he is good in front of a camera, as he has the ability (which he had right from the beginning) to make it appear that he is speaking directly to the person watching, not that he is doing a performance in front of people and it's all so artificial and weird and where do I look or speak.

She didn't chose this career path. She fell into it from a position of not wanting to do it and then saw the money. She doesn't even like food, never mind cooking. She doesn't have the training (available at an Adult Education Centre near you), the experience of cleaning down at 3am, having a chef tell you that your chiffonade is more like a bag of potato peelings and to do it again properly, of explaining very carefully what the chemical processes are that make it essential to cook onions slowly and gently before adding garlic. He's had people saying his ideas are tit - to his face, too. Hating a job, being tit at it and yet wanting the advantages it can bring is why she detests people who love their job, are good at it and benefit from the advantages of being good at it.

She wouldn't have lasted ten minutes at my secondary school. She wouldn't have lasted five in any kitchen I've ever worked in. Because they can't be doing with whining, wailing and 'I'm TOO GOOD for this'; if your boss tells you you're cleaning out the skanky back of the fridge and you need to stay until it's sparkling clean, you do it if you want to keep you genuinely crappy paid job. Thinking you're too good for anything is the guaranteed way to always be unhappy.

Reactions: 14
passing round the begging tin in April 2017, she was with Louisa who had a well paid job from May 2017.

I draw no conclusions. I merely state facts.
This has probably been said before but......

How does a person who was in such a crappy position financially they had to sell their kids bed and favourite toy and unscrew lightbulbs but wouldnt ask a single person for any help go from that to full out here is my tip jar, send me money????? :unsure:

That does not sit with me at all

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Can’t help but think this is the thoughts of DW publishing company...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.