Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s now on the single parent bandwagon 🙄 Barely heard anything about SB until the last couple of days 🙄🙄🙄View attachment 174858
Funny how these single parents, who maybe have kids on free school meals and who’s income may not be very high or had lost a job or had lost money due to being furloughed, didn’t register enough for her to follow through with the ideas for £15 school meal vouchers, she was banging on about.
Oh yeah,I forgot, that was her trying to clamber on Marcus Rashford’s genuine campaign, to get herself noticed in something relevant. 😡
If single parents are such a concern for Jack, why not have their interests at heart when some of them have been struggling to feed their children properly? Maybe living on the breadline (you know Poverty) and feeding their kids has been more of a priority than home schooling!
She is such a charlatan, it makes me sick. She is so BUSY trying to jump on any topic where she can prise herself into some kind of niche market to gain money, airtime or to keep herself relevant. 😡🤢
No but let’s wave the flag for single parents now, as she now wants to appear to be the parent who is concerned about her SB’s reading material. Not only her SB but all the children in the land. Just duck Off🤯

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
I've found the Edwina Currie clip online!!! Here's the link:

And the Edwina/Jack bit is around the 32:00 mark. I love it!!!
omg you're amazing for finding this, thank you!

I shouldn't laugh....but....EC is entirely correct and I think someone's origins story matters when they're positioning themselves in the way JM has chosen to. That's not to say you can't be rich and advocate for the poor at all, Jeremy Corbyn is from a comfy background (hence why his parent's £1.xmil Shropshire manor kept getting dragged into things) but he has never centred his narrative in the work he does, and never played absurd class cosplay. She centres herself in this work, so people are going to be rightfully shocked & rightfully call it out because it simply doesn't sit right, sorry.

It's weirdly a quite of the moment discussion regarding privilege, it's like how white people who've got tit lives struggle with the concept of white privilege. It's not saying that you're minted with an easy life by default as a white person, it's saying that you are not being blocked from achieving those things on the basis of your skin colour. JM's failure to max the potential of her grammar school place is sad, I'm sure it was for a variety of reasons that we won't discuss as we don't know, but she cannot deny that she will have benefitted from a number of positive externalities just from being in a grammar? She'll have had a better quality of education even if it didn't score in those exams, had more exposure to arts/history/extra curriculars than say, the requires improvement tit hole down the road. All of those things shape you to some degree and yet she's so embittered that she's got 4 GCSEs that she can't see that? What a sad outlook on life, honestly.

Babe, same! re: the tit comprehensive. There are no grammar schools in my area so I find that whole thing so weird. Like I understand the idea of wanting to give intelligent WC pupils a better education but 11 is very young and also the privilege is inescapable as not all kids have parents with the time, effort, money and knowledge to encourage / supervise them with studying

She was privileged to go to a grammar school and if she failed, that’s on her. I don’t hold that against her as all teenagers duck something up - but her countering the point with “I only got 4 GCSEs” is just irrelevant

Also not to mention how she ended up with that 27k job *coughs* nepotism
Yeah that is an incredibly generous starting salary especially for a non-grad outside of London, is that usual for the fire service?! I'm conscious of doxing myself but a HoD for a technical discipline & that's how much we'd budget for a junior candidate (so fresh grad or +1 year experience) with strong academics and a BSc, in central London.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
My darling Fraus, how will I ever catch up? I'm still on the last few pages of #39 and only got there through some hardcore, late night and early morning Grunka-ing through from #38. There's so much to say but I'm going to hang fire as I suspect most it will have already been said...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don’t know why she keeps saying that she’s good with money because she survived poverty (allegedly). She buys frivolously. She would have had a House by now if she didn’t spend all her money on material things to give the guise of riches. Although I guess doing it that way keeps her poor for the masses 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Yeah that is an incredibly generous starting salary especially for a non-grad outside of London, is that usual for the fire service?! I'm conscious of doxing myself but a HoD for a technical discipline & that's how much we'd budget for a junior candidate (so fresh grad or +1 year experience) with strong academics and a BSc, in central London.
With fire service/police civilian jobs like this the basic salary isn't great (probably between £18-20k, so not terrible given they don't require many qualifications, but not amazing) but you get about a third of your salary on top of that in shift allowances because you're on a 24h rota, seven days a week. This additional money is supposed to offset the inconvenience this causes and cover costs like childcare but Jack obviously couldn't be arsed disciplining herself to work and sleep on a rota so used some bullshit about not being around for her son as an excuse to leave.

Reactions: 24
C95BB1A0-5AAE-4CA7-B8D7-06CE12EE3AA2.jpeg

I’ve never heard of the people she’s talking about but they seem to be ‘celebs’. Also she’s swapped phones again. 🤓

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.