Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @HockyRorror for the thread title.

Last thread recap. The one where Jack:

Kept up her Twitter attack on David Walliams.
Said one of his characters was a racist stereotype but rather embarrassingly it turned out the character was white. Oops.
Said she was off to school her son, which lasted about half an hour (and that is being generous).
Ate spicy chorizo despite ouchy mouth.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Well, not being able to sleep has its “benefits”! Just read the remaining posts on the last thread😡
I, too would like to get back to the interesting parts - seeds, proper recipes, reminiscing.
JM is a nasty, boring, viscous human. Also ignorant ( not knowing the meaning of tutelage.
I hope people who sheepishly follow her, wake up and see the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
745A511D-D01B-4038-8928-369E14573ABD.jpeg

Rude, but please do. Her new thing is to passively aggressively ask (admittedly bonkers) tweeters if they’re ok.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
She's just a nasty emotional vampire. Some people can only feel superior by putting others down, and she's one of them.
So glad that her ex saw sense and "LEFT". I feel so sorry for her kid.

Reactions: 34
So she ended up , in the early hours, talking to herself with little to no interaction from anyone else apart from one Tweeter who thinks she’s a twit , then she finished off by stating she needed kitten cuddles 🙄🤮and self care .

What an absolute first class tool she is, just when one thinks she’s plumbed the depths she sinks lower. No wonder her ex Fiancé's ran for the hills.

• Haha
Nigella's social media activity yesterday: posts three glorious food photos on Instagram with links to the recipes. Shares one of these on Twitter too, where she also retweets a guide to west African cuisine from a BAME chef, shares a recipe for Fried Chicken as it was National Fried Chicken Day, and mentions a board game she's discovered and loves.

JM's social media activity yesterday: well, just see Threads #39 and #40.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Good morning fellow hausfraus.

While we’re off topic, has anyone bought any new cookbooks that we haven’t already discussed?

I quite fancy the Jikoni book but might wait to have a flick through it in Waterstones.

Reactions: 12
See this is the thing. I actually agree with Jack that the books are full of tit, stereotypes, casual sexism/racism etc.

But her tirades, her over dramatic tweets and insertion of absolutely anything that has to do with her, and the gleeful attitude when she gets everyone riled is just bleeping bullying. She knows that she can start a pile on to DW with her sycophants bumping it up. She knows it’ll go viral because she’s been shittagged before.

If she wanted to make a difference she could make a measured, inoffensive blog post about the issues, like a real professional, and look to steer that towards the publishers rather than making it hugely personal to DW. She, of all people, moans about the effect of personally directed bullying (because she’s always the bleeping victim) and has literally started a tsunami of hate directed at DW.

The Fifty Shades of Grey books are bleeping tit too, glorifies abusive relationships and are a piss poor representation of BDSM. But they gained traction because people enjoyed them for whatever reason and the author wrote more based on the popularity of them. DW has done no different - if a publisher says ‘here is x amount of money to write x amount of books based loosely on your writing style’ you’re gonna do it.

What you don’t expect is some bitter, twisted bully coming along years later to start a campaign that could quite possibly ruin that persons profession and income.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Can I just ask? His. Publishing house is a pretty damn good one. I mean have various dictionaries and kids school text books, by them. Could it be jealously that he managed to bagged a higher end publisher and she has no set one. Also if they are involved and the books they are in fact allowing into print are being called into question potentially falsely make things a bit awkward for her.

Also I have not read his books,. But has she forgotten that children's weights are vastly different to that of an adult. I don't think she is researching the books at all. If I am curious about a book or film. I read up on relevent text and check out the background cross reference. But I guess she's " too busy"

Reactions: 30
You guys are killing me 😂😂😂😂. Still working my way through #40 but wanted to pop in & say “hi” before I start work ( I’m scared there’ll be another new thread by tonight 😱😱😱😱)

Thanks for all the screenshots everyone- sterling job! I am (yes, ) absolutely (x) horrified by this pile on she had instigated. She is such a complete bleeping horror, I can’t get over it (though also completely mesmerised by it).

Big love to everyone who has shared their traumatic experiences over the past couple of threads - you’re never alone ❤❤❤❤

P.S. Coven an upgrade from Cabal?!

P.P.S. random gif (just for fun)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m still hoping that the Miss Tutelage cock-up becomes a bigger story, but I’m not holding my breath.

Oh, also @Silver Linings the last thread was locked before I could comment, but it makes me laugh every time you call Cooper ‘the 50% cat’ 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
It’s really bugging me that she keeps using being a responsible parent as a reason for her embarrassing, not properly researched, psychopathic late night rants as if anyone not behaving like she is and letting their kids read these books are irresponsible. She’s making me want to scream “duck OFF I HATE YOU” in her face before flouncing off a la 15 year old me because she just fills me so with rage

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.