Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well the Loose Women themselves were pretty useless but a lot of tweets to them saw sense!

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 12.48.37.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 12.52.37.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Yes I thought this. Brenda was not aware of and had never seen any of the books and was basing her opinion on the tweets of Jack's being read out by Andrea. They did make it very clear that these were Jack's words but it still didn't give a very balanced debate.
yeah she did keep repeating that it’s her interpretation of the book, but that’s no use? Would have made far more sense to read from the book - eg a passage where that shop keeper is being portrayed badly. It would actually illustrate the point better?!

I haven’t watched loose women before is this what it’s always like? It’s shocking if so, daytime TV watchers deserve better 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This, from Mumsnet, is obviously by someone who has been following Jack's antics fairly closely (one of us?) and is IMO a pretty good summation of her recent activity, for any newbies.
She's definitely going for Martyrdom. Jack of Arc with her venomous bark. 🙀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
yeah she did keep repeating that it’s her interpretation of the book, but that’s no use? Would have made far more sense to read from the book - eg a passage where that shop keeper is being portrayed badly. It would actually illustrate the point better?!

I haven’t watched loose women before is this what it’s always like? It’s shocking if so, daytime TV watchers deserve better 😱
Yes it's pretty much the usual for LW. They always just scratch the surface and don't properly debate anything or give it enough time. Unless it's to highlight the woes of one of the panel members of course, then they'll dedicate a whole programme to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Was Brenda basically arguing at the end that books should never describe characters by their looks !!! hahaha wtf.
I caught the tail.end and yes that is what she said - 'why should characters be described by how they look?' 🤦‍♀️ When did that become a problem?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I wonder if it's the first time it's happened.
could you imagine what she’s like to live with? I can imagine her talking down to poor SB in her awful “I know best” way whilst being horribly obtuse and defensive. We know she doesn’t take criticism or differences of opinion well.

I’m a few pages behind still, was there any mention on twitter of what SB thinks of his books being confiscated and ruined? 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 18
She's such a hypocrite. When she did the Kickstarter, she asked for people to donate copies to schools....

View attachment 174628

This book, which she was asking people to donate to schools so am guessing she was aiming them at kids(??) contains the following recipe....

View attachment 174635
Which along with the delightfully child friendly title, also references anal sex??
yassssss Grunka, go INNNN!

I can’t imagine a 6 yr old being able to make out the lyrics in the Manics (pls don’t hate me James Dean ILY) from one radio play let alone take on board the gravitas of the message. Although Jack is clearly VERY VERY intelligent. It’s really made me lol that she’s been up all night and STILL only found out about the white teacher at 10am.
78a216af268d8173d8ba1b88bdb44db483d59619&rid=giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.