Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally. I think the problem with JM is that she's all too wiling to overshare with graphic detail -rarely a trigger warning- and "brutal honesty" when it suits but jumps on the defensive and screams for privacy when questioned on any contradicting info that she puts out there. She changes up or puts a different slant on things to suit the conversation, I think that's what people have a problem with. That, and that her case is always the worst, most extreme case of whatever you've got or had. Also is downright rude to people who naturally suggest things that could help.
Hard agree on all these points, and the fact that it seems like these diagnoses also get brought up as an 'excuse' (excuse me while my eyes roll into the back of my head at that).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My son loved the Horrible History series when he was around the same age, I read them too and thought they were a great way for children (and particularly boys) to learn about history through the nastier bits. Also was delighted to see him reading through choice. Took him to see Terry Derry doing a talk at the local Town Hall. I hope the 'woke' brigade are happy with this body of work.

Feel sad for SB, he clearly enjoyed reading DW. Choose your battles Jack. Use the books for discussion, don't take away the things he loves for 'woke' points. You are a mother first SJW second (or should be)
I absolutely LOVED HH... even my dad picked up a copy now and then. I think my favourites were the Greeks and the Vikings. My mum used to mutter that Deary was a Tory, but at least I was ready and engaging with history.

With all the tit thatā€™s going on right now I get really confused by JMs targets of hate. Or does she just pick something that will stand out and no one else with her profile is complaining about in order to get attention?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Someone said to her theyā€™re slightly different shades and was this the hardback and somebody else then did the index page and said ā€˜still blackā€™ to which Jack said ā€˜yepā€™.
FFS, you can be slightly different shades of white, just as you can be brown or black. Isn't that like Jack always going on about her Greek Cypriot heritage and why her hands look dirty? Just because two illustrated characters aren't exactly the same shade of pink doesn't mean one is black.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Totally. I think the problem with JM is that she's all too wiling to overshare with graphic detail -rarely a trigger warning- and "brutal honesty" when it suits but jumps on the defensive and screams for privacy when questioned on any contradicting info that she puts out there. She changes up or puts a different slant on things to suit the conversation, I think that's what people have a problem with. That, and that her case is always the worst, most extreme case of whatever you've got or had. Also is downright rude to people who naturally suggest things that could help.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
81317BA3-2F0C-4590-A655-E2B48809E0A2.jpeg
6985069B-B07E-4285-9445-29F2D98C66AD.jpeg

ā€˜Bangsā€™ Iā€™m surprised she didnā€™t use her trusty bread knife. Itā€™s ok to have normal scissors, Jack. Not every tale needs a twist.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
I really don't understand the last reply... I get the gist though.
SO she posted to make out the flowers were due to the DW pile on and they supported it yet they actually sent them due to Louisa leaving 10 weeks before? Ohhhhhh bad Jack that is shady at best!!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Monroe only got her diagnosis of autism a few yearsā€™ back, prompted by her inability to learn to drive, roundabouts and junctions being a particular hazard. ā€œI just freeze, like a blackout. It happens in other areas of my life too,ā€ she says. -https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-c...-tins-twitter-and-talking-about-gender-102271

It just does not add up. Sorry.
I donā€™t drive and froze at junctions, roundabouts but it turns out I was just tit at driving and quite frankly, a menace on the roads .

Iā€™m not on the Spectrum , just a tit driver.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
@SoulRebel is craft business owner on the list?

Also this is interesting
View attachment 175290
Why would he not pay child support? And why would she not go through the CMS to forcibly claim it?

He obviously was not a deadbeat if he was having him two nights a week and buying him things. Why would he draw the line at making sure he had enough food? That makes no sense
I call bullshit (again)
Is my opinion (tis but a humble opinion m'lud) that the dad actually has the 'majority' of custody. His household is much calmer. New partner and subsequent children, whether they be step or half siblings to SB they are still siblings and it sounds bliss in comparison to his Mother's house.
At the very least Dad and stepmum are buying him nice things like books he likes. Poor little thing.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Doing an olā€™ Sally Bercow but thatā€™s a very straight line of her arm. *Innocent face*

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why would he not pay child support?
Maybe Jack is being careful with words. Child support could imply something statutory, like a set amount agreed by the authorities or something - and Jonny's father might have offered to pay for certain things or a certain amount privately. So, yes, he might not pay "child support" but he does actually financially provide and pay for certain things.

I don't believe he paid nothing. I would like to know more about this father - I'm sure he has some shocking stories to tell about Jack.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.