Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I ordered a cordless one with the anti hair wrap. I am wayyyy too lazy for corded. I will definitely let you know how it works out for us.

Keeping it on topic, it's a shame the Mumsnet people don't just join up here for Jackanackanory, Mumsnet will only shut them down again. Join us, we have receipts and free speech.
I came over here from Mumsnet. Now it's mainly trolls, shouting, and the terminally gullible

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Also ( I am not a fan of his) but I really respect his way of dealing with this. He not engaging with her, which is causing her to scream from the rafters and that to me is brilliant. The best way to deal with bullies is pretend they don't exist as they need your input to stay valid. They can't stand being ignored hence the anger and the name calling increases. I hope someone gives her a quiet chat in her ear soon.

Reactions: 45
Ah I can't even look at her Twitter today as I'll get the rage. Just hoping someone intelligent retorts back to her pointing out why her ridiculous claims are wrong. She's making herself look a fool though, her diehards might be lapping it up but anyone with half a brain cell capable of independent thought can see she's being a twit.

She's losing all her credibility in the professional world and all she'll be left with is her sad little Twitter feed to shout at into the early hours. Good luck with that Jack you vulgar POS.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I had the misfortune to cross a narcissist last year. I’ve never met them but they became obsessed with me and obsessed with doing damage to my life (and they managed it).

What Jack said last night about revenge is a trait of a narcissist. Getting people back. The man who targeted me became obsessed with gettting me back. Except I did nothing to him. He became part of a wider group of people who harassed me and I rumbled him. He actually sent police to me because he didn’t want me to tweet his name (and then he typed GOTCHA!!!!!) while at the same time he was tweeting lies about me daily.

Narcissists can apparently be stalkers and they fit the revenge stalker profile. I’m not suggesting Jack is a stalker but her online behaviour reminds me of this man a lot. Constant targeted pile ons and then going (oops, I did nothing to no one). Constant victim playing and virtue signalling.
Can’t go a day on twitter without a drama.

He also has a child. And it’s his child. You don’t see any photos of the mum with the child. Always him. He’s been doing these dramas now for about 4 years. He will never change unless he gets help. The problem is, how do you tell a narcissist that they are a narcissist. This man is also highly critical of everyone else and super sensitive to criticism. He also called me a racist. To 13k people. He called my mum a racist as well. He also spread lies that I was mental (he does that to any woman who challenges him). People can cause an awful lot of damage on twitter. Jack really needs to understand that there are people on the other end of her rants. If I had the money. I’d sue this man. It’s as simple as that. He deliberately destroyed my reputation on twitter for laughs. And once a narcissist becomes obsessed with you they don’t let go. He’s still tweeting crap about me months after I left twitter. Another woman has had 3 years of the same treatment. For giving him very mild criticism. When jack started talking about lists I just thought tit. Seen it all before. This man has folders of my twitter. He also has my email address that I didn’t give him and I believe he also has my address.

Narcissists can start an argument in an empty room. What drives them is boredom. They are bored and unfulfilled in their lives. I see so many parallels between Jacks online behaviour and this persons. He ticks every single box of the condition narcissist personality disorder. Every last one.

A narcissist will try and ruin their target and believe they deserve it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Morning Coven!

@missbct I thought the same. This would have gone much better for her if she’d researched and written a proper article on it rather than skim read and angry tweet. Now even people that agree with most of her points don’t want hear what she’s saying as it’s too ranty and awkward to read.

Reactions: 20
If she thinks we are bad she’s in for a shocker if the Mumsnet discussions aren’t taken down. She’s not getting much sleep, making an idiot of herself and ruining her career, producing more bad quality books that will never look nice on a coffee table (they don’t even look nice together in a shelf as they’re not uniform in quality or size), and she has boxes and boxes of pills. Must be an absolute joy to live with. I worry for that poor boy. And the kitten.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Minor point, but as a real booklover who has previously bought copies of books I already own because I like the new covers (the SHAME), it’s really irked me that she’s folding over the corner of every page of a book that was gifted to SB.

Really unpleasant way to handle property that you’ve borrowed.
Poor SB, this is what struck me. If someone did this to my books (and I'm the same age as Jack) I would be upset. If someone (especially my mum who should know better) did this to ten year old me's prized collection of books that my dad had given me, I would've been devastated.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Hi coven

I have few thoughts I need to share before I get on with work (guys, I'm BUSY).

First of all, thanks @LennyBriscoe , partner in crime-fighting and unfortunately horrible childhood trauma. I really appreciated your post. I couldn't respond yesterday. It just all got a bit too much. Also hope @MancBee is ok today. And everyone else who has experience of what we are talking about. This thread sure brings up a lot of stuff.

I have to say, I didn't love thread 40 (apart from its amazing title of course). There seemed to be a lot of posts suggesting JM should be sectioned, her child should be taken away from here, etc. I don't like it when this forum takes that tone (and yes, of course, while I'm a cop, I'm not actually the thread police, so you can all do what you want, it's just my 2 cents). It just makes me uncomfortable, a bit like people saying the RSPCC should be called about her kitten. Yes, she's awful, but I personally can't see any evidence for behaviour that would warrant sectioning or other authorities getting involved. She's unhinged on Twitter, but so are many and it doesn't mean she's a terrible parent. I just don't think it's a sensible conclusion to draw.

Regarding DW, I'm much, much more concerned about allegations about his behaviour with teenage girls coming to light. Those text exchanges read very inappropriate and creepy. I cannot see how they can be explained away.

Regardless, her 'book analysis' is just so flawed. Like a previous poster showed, the term 'slag' is used by a horrible character and it illustrates how horrible he is. This is pretty much true of all the examples she cited. I don't like them because I think they are lazy and not funny, but I was obsessed with Goosebumps, which is the epitome of writing by numbers, but I devoured them all. You'll be pleased to know that I haven't turned into a serial killer.

Conclusion, she's still an idiot, trying to get attention where she can. I agree that her downfall will not be spectacular. It'll be a trickle. Work will dry up. There might be another peak or two before that happens, but it will. She's showing her true colours for everyone to see now. People don't like cancel culture. They don't like the gloating. She's coming at people within her own industry. Which editor would like to work with her after her rants about Harper Collins and their staff? Not many, is my guess. The industry is small. People know each other. People talk. They may not tweet about it. But they'll file it away, in their crazy little minds, for future reference.

As you were.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
omg sorry you’re being made redundant first and foremost I really hope you’re okay, but secondly please do not do that lot of work for them. The cheek of companies is beyond me and I’m so fed up of them taking people for bleeping mugs, if you’ve got a lot of work that suggests you’ve got a role to do? Don’t do it they can the dickheads. See your salary as a redundancy bonus, do no work, go sit in the garden with a fruity mocktail and croissant x

Thank you, this is so sweet. Please don't worry about me, as I have been given a really good package due to seniority and I am not at all upset about leaving. I am mostly furious about the way some other colleagues have been treated and that my work is not respected. Unfortunately my official notice period has not yet started and I don't want to put myself in danger of losing my good deal. And I am doing the bare minimum, believe me!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.