Jack Monroe #41 No one else gaslights or fights for 'likes' like Jack Monroe. Oops.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What would you say you use it the most for? I actually didn't realise it was so versatile til I looked it up again just now and wanted it primarily for making bone broth.
Stews, soups, pretty much anything. You can cook all sorts in them.

Reactions: 2
It mainly began because she started a bullying campaign against Jamie Oliver and ended up getting her own TV slot from it, which she fucked up royally by being crap:

She's a fantasist and pleads poverty (begging her followers for money using Patreon and a tip jar) but has a Smeg fridge, wardrobe full of designer clothes and a Tracy Emin in her downstairs toilet. Oh and two failed engagements with very rich women behind her (as well as a bonus failed engagement with a normal woman).

She's a drama queen and loves a flounce:

She's now attempting her Jamie Oliver tactic on David Walliams, posting huge rants about the stereotypes of characters in his books (her son has read over 20 of them... she has only just noticed the content).

She changed her name to Jack Monroe for reasons which range from escaping a past laced with sexual assault and trauma; experiencing racism due to her Greek-Cypriot birth name; and being non-binary for a spell.
Sorry I know I’m waaaaay behind, but I didn’t even know Jack Monroe wasn’t her name?! I just took it for granted that it was her actual, real name.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Yes, she apparently upped and left out of the blue. Although not before Jack had made a series of snarky passive aggressive references to her in the preceding weeks, including apparently blaming her for the failure in Jack’s tech when she did DKR. That was just Twitter, so I can only imagine what sort of tantrums and rages were going on in real life.
Happened around the full moon.
The following month, we had another Twitter rage.
A month later, we had another Twitter rage.

Hormones do affect mood. Whether they've been affected by medication or not.

PMDD could be added to the list. Treatment could be a Mirena.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
View attachment 175119Jack, you are ‘qwhite’. Sit down.
My favourite thing is that she's obviously taken the one on the right much brighter and lit up the whole page. Ironically this is getting weirdly kind of racist on jack's part now, as she darkens an image in an attempt to "prove" a fictional character is not white because she just can't admit she's wrong.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Dear All, thanks for being so considerate when posting here, using trigger warnings and spoiler buttons.
However we can just duck all that off now cos all we have to do is untrigger ourselves !
This is big news! PHEW

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
View attachment 175119Jack, you are ‘qwhite’. Sit down.
I've seen this pic a few times, but the lighting difference seems wrong.
So I bought the book, just for reference (I have not read it yet though)
These give a more balanced idea of the illustrations. Apologies if these have already been posted elsewhere! I'm trying to keep up and read from
the start as well....half way through😂
20200707_190428.jpg
20200707_190416.jpg
20200707_190352.jpg
20200707_191100.jpg
20200707_190505.jpg
20200707_190452.jpg
20200707_190446.jpg

All photos taken in natural light, no editing done.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
My favourite thing is that she's obviously taken the one on the right much brighter and lit up the whole page. Ironically this is getting weirdly kind of racist on jack's part now, as she darkens an image in an attempt to "prove" a fictional character is not white because she just can't admit she's wrong.
I’d be interested if the illustrator would chime in but I also completely get why they’re swerving the whole thing.

Reactions: 25
Ok. She left the fire service when she was 21. The Sunday people story happened a year later.

Where did she have the time to fit in all these other jobs before she got her book deal? Or was she doing other jobs at the same time as writing her first book?

The timeline of the jobs matter. Particularly ones where she’s saying that she basically had to sell sex to pay rent and bills.

Because if she was doing ok financially in the fire service and got 25k for an advance for her first book and was jobless before the Sunday people published that article. When was she doing all the other jobs?

She’s not been broke for years now. It makes no sense to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.