Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
smol robot is not for turning 😞

Screenshot_20210219-102512_Twitter.jpg

seriously, dude, if you are reading here, maybe consider why there are so many threads about your pal. apply some critical thinking. the vast majority of us used to be fans. we're not the far right coming for her for being a lefty tattooed single mum who's just getting by, like she likes to spin it.

also, it is not harassment. we are having a discussion about a fraudster. if you and she choose to read here, that's on you. and go and look at thread 31 where she was desperate to join in

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 120

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @blurstoftimes for the thread title! 🎉 reminding us all that Jack can cook ‘nice stuff’. Your prize: a nice big bowl of the Eye of Sauron salad, with optional ‘dressing’.

Special mention to @HotesTilaire for: This time next year, SB, we’ll be Patreonaires!

Recap of last thread

1. On the twelfth day to deadline, my true love said to me ... stop blaming your ADHD.
  2. She’s ‘giving up sweets and trolls for Lent’.
  3. She appeared in The Telegraph with yet another rehash of The Story, which details her resignation from the Fire Service. There is also an accompanying podcast.
  4. Graeme from Linda Mc made contact with some of the bigger viggles. The outcome was reported as less than satisfactory.
  5. She’s well grounded.
  6. Her book progress wall is coming along as well as Kevin Spacey’s one in his shitty flat in Seven.
  7. Sneak peek.
  8. She laughed at her avocado salad. We did and all.
  9. She got up at 4.30, made some cinnamon granola and launched into a humble brag about when she was on the red carpet.
  10. She appeared in The Telegraph again.
  11. Please use the words ‘thread title’ when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search.
  12. New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 112

Flumps

VIP Member
Ah Mr SmolRobots - I confess, your robots aren't to my taste, but fair play to you for doing something that a lot of people (including someone I really do like) enjoy. Happy to talk anytime about my ongoing belief that robots should have a lot more angles. I don't think that's any sort of harassment.

FYI, I've never interacted with Jack on Twitter, so unsure how you can accuse me (or anyone here) of harassment. I've expressed opinions about her online behaviour and her cooking for sure, but that's commentary on something that someone has put in the public domain and monetised to the extent that people were *donating their winter fuel allowance* to her. TB scrupulously F, I think she did give it back, but doesn't it give you the slightest pause that someone who is entitled to winter fuel allowance had somehow come to the conclusion that Jack, who has had paid partnerships with multinationals, TV gigs, writing gigs for newspapers, ongoing book royalties and hundreds of Patreons, was more in need of her hardship payment than she was herself. That doesn't concern you *at all*?

Can't even with the description of us by Jack. Sure, sweetie, that's what we all are, you crack on. I'd have defended this lovely cabal in the past, but now (post kitten really) I am done bothering with your opinion of me or anyone that I like and respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 110

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
This is an open letter to you, Jack.

You might not like what is said on here, and I get that. It can't be nice to read these things about yourself, but you can either take at look at why these topics are being discussed, or just don't come here.

I haven't been here long but I've been welcomed and treated like an old, dear friend.
Every single person here is shown compassion and friendship, something a lot of us are missing, especially in the last 12 months. You could do a lot worse than to open your eyes and really see how some of us have overcome real poverty, real domestic and food issues, real adversity, real health problems and come out the other side with a sense of humour and empathy for every living being.

If you can't see the genuine goodness of the people here, then I don't know what hope you have.

• Heart
Reactions: 109

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’ve been Grunka-ing for ages and still am but I had to go comment on her and the robot guy’s messages to us...

Robot Man - I don’t get it, I’ll be honest. Robots aren’t my think (don’t exclude me Cabal but Slopbot is lost on me too). But from what I’ve seen, you’re desperate for this to take off and my advice would be, don’t depend on Jack Monroe for help with that. If she was going to RT you, she would have done it by now. And do you really think she’s the best person to be associated with? I don’t know how many of her threads you read but I would love to know what you found so egregious. Was it the genuine concern for SB? Was it the many, many people devastated by what happened to the kitten? Probably not. These threads expose her lies and have tweets she long since deleted to back these up.

I don’t personally care for your inference that one of your robots would help someone stay sober - is that what you said? I could go back and get the receipts, they’ll be there. If that is what you said, you might consider getting in touch with the General Service Office at Alcoholics Anonymous, they’ve been doing it wrong for 80+ years...

Which leads me to my next point. I’ve spoken a fair bit about my alcoholism because I’m not ashamed of it. Would I have chosen to be an addict? No. Do I own it? Yes. And either way Jack, you’ve painted yourself into a corner - are you throwing “addicts” around as an insult because you’re not one yourself and really have lied for some sick reason? Or are you in denial and a “dry drunk” who can’t even begin to think there’s anything about themselves they have to change? I have a lot of wonderful addicts in my life, they’re just not practicing. I’m married to one, some of my best friends are and not one of them would life their lives the way you live yours. I’m proud of them and I’m proud of me.

I’m sure when I go back I’ll see you’ve deleted the tweets because the last thing you need is for more people coming here and seeing what you’re really like.

• Heart
Reactions: 101

NP

VIP Member
I take an empty tin, then get a full tin, and I decant the full tin into the empty tin. Then I use my label maker to make a label to tell me what’s in the now full tin. I decant them back and forth until the end of time. #JackShacks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
I know we've moved on from the smol robots/Jack anti-cabal tweet interaction but I was BUSY and have only just got here. The one accusation I will concede is being a bored (but not vicious) tosser. I would liken coming here to going to the pub with your mates except you don't have to turn up at any specific time, you can leave whenever you like and if you just want to sit in a corner and laugh at everyone else's jokes or agree with the points people make, it's not weird to do that. It's not a weird shadowy faction that you have to commit a blood sacrifice to join and dance naked around in a circle at the full moon. I'm also certainly not going to dissolve into fits of weeping and clawing my carpets up because some guy with a fragile ego, lack of critical thinking and a giant void where his sense of humour ought to be doesn't think we're funny.

Anyway, back to our Lady of Slop: Bodybuilding/weightlifting Jack is back! My favourite incarnation of all. Please show us your training program, does it involve Del Monte tins? Can you bench press the entire monarchy yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 99

MancBee

VIP Member
So flattering, Jack!

View attachment 445094
ETA: and less of the "little" forum, smolrobot!
This is the only time I dislike the "keep it on tattle" rule. Jack is calling me, and you, liars on a public forum. I know that we do that to her, but she is putting out the information about herself, we are not. We quote Jack's own words she never references here, not even to name the site.

She is saying we are untruthful, when we only ever use her own words and deleted tweets as evidence. Nowhere does Jack provide the same evidence to prove her allegations against us. She just trots out the same old lines "they troll me and tell lies", well come on Jack, show the world where we lie about you, show us the evidence.

Not only that, she is actually calling us abusers and addicts. Those are some serious allegations. Though surely she, as a reformed alcoholic, should have compassion regarding addicts.

I can't (don't do Twitter) respond, but if I could I would be sorely tempted.

One good thing, it shows how easy it is to find here if smol robots man found us easily.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

Pocahontas

VIP Member
I feel a bit sorry for the robots guy - there I said it. He hasn’t done anything wrong apart from draw his robot creature things and interact with Jack. I’d be a bit miffed if I drew robot creature things and tried to get Viggo Mortensen to retweet me over and over and ended up being called saaa-aaad for it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

colouredlines

VIP Member
Can we talk about this "ambient bath lantern" (what) please?

Screenshot_20210219-150146_Chrome.jpg

So first up, it obviously looks SHIT. My mum has kept an embarrassing collection of misshapen lumps from my childhood pottery classes, and this would be right at home among them.

Secondly, the edges of those holes are probably sharp and jagged, given the way she's made them. So it's dangerous.

Thirdly, if it gets HOT when you are "handing" (sic) it, that's because it's not fit for purpose you utter loon. It's a hazard! There's a reason we don't generally put candles inside metal tins, and even I - someone whose fire service experience consists of two Tinder dates with firemen - know it.

WTF Jack, this is a new low! Come back lingreenie, all is forgiven...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I’m rewatching Friends from the beginning
🎶

So no one told you life was gonna be this way
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Your job’s a joke,
you‘re “broke“,
CAROLE MALONE’S AWAAAAY!

It‘s like you haven’t got a real career,
and without the facetune you look,
a bit,
just like,
the guy from Top Gear

🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94

NikNakFingers

I don't get it. Not to 🔺but I went to school able to read and write. So has my son. I've never had a single person in education (🔺 I am one) complain about that. Lots of people can read and write before school, especially if they are old for their year, or have parents with the time and skills to teach them, or they like doing it and don't stop, or they go to preschool, or whatever.

Also - I need to get big paper and special pens out to calculate The Prostitution. I've narrowed it down to a window of 9 minutes in late March but I'm sure we can be more precise than that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 93

Emmapism

VIP Member
You know what I'm addicted to? All of you lovelies 😊 You've been one of the only good bits about lockdown and when we are off on a tangent about something (or nothing) it has made me genuinely laugh out loud in my empty little flat.

I don't know who this robot person is, nor do I care to but I am here to shoot the shit with all of you. The only robot I know of is Slopbot. Print me a t-shirt with 'Onion Police' on the front and you can take my money 😂😊

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 93

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Jack's was actually a really shocking tweet, full of proper vitriol, the likes of which you definitely *don't* see here. A real peek into her psyche, especially with the inclusion of 'addicts' as an insult. Extremely unpleasant.
She lets it slip every so often. She disapproves of “addicts”, she disapproves of loud single mums in pubs, she suggests people on benefits sit around eating chips and watching telly all day. She views life in Daily Mail stereotypes and is full of class prejudice.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 92

Tabitha D

VIP Member
I suspect Mr Robots was only concerned with what we wrote about him rather than the stuff about Jack. He was probably googling himself and that’s what brought him here, then he was put out that we weren’t all fans.
He’s clearly a bit needy, like lots of people on the edges of the public eye. Hence all the begging for followers/retweets. So he would probably be sensitive to anything which isn’t 100% adulation.

ETA: and he didn’t even tag Jack in his tweet. Not that it stopped her responding. Still, she must have been stung that he referred to her as only “moderately” famous. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92