Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Glanced at the Telegraph article. Saw this paragraph:

20210218_152447.jpg

...and I'm out. Life's too short. Does she not get tired?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 66
I'm with squiggle. We've had this 1000 times. No one gives two hoots about her name, how she dresses or who she sleeps with. I care about her having a platform to spout totally outdated gender stereotypes and how she tries to claim they are progressive (lady doctor, masculine energy, women using make up to deceive men, women wearing traazers).
Me too. It's insanely dull.

Do other people get away with continuous rehashes of years old completely true and in no way made up tales?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I’m not sure I believe the bit about her kid getting suspended either.
Yeah, like she wouldn’t have mentioned this in the million other times she has sold this story. It’s unusual to exclude primary kids, even more unusual for very young primary kids. Didn’t happen.

Reactions: 42
I can't read the article, can anyone put it on here?
Although even without reading I think that I may possibly be able to guess at a few bingo phrases.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Her son did not get suspended from school.

No ducking way. Five year olds do not get suspended unless they’re wrecking the joint on a day to day basis, and they have to make some kind of assessment on how to move forward. Kids in reception/Y1 don’t get suspended for hitting. They just don’t.

My kids’ school is really hardcore with the discipline, and my youngest was extremely handsy until Y2 (obviously we did lots of work on it). Never once was mine suspended. I work with children/families. All sorts goes on. As for primary children being suspended, I think I’ve come across it once in ten plus years, and the behaviour was v extreme and all kinds of interventions and crisis meetings were held.

Just for context, my child was struggling with speech/communication, hence the punchy vibes. He also was always physically hurt/provoked first. The main issue was that he was supposed to tell the teacher someone else had hurt him, rather than lash out, not than that he was attacking other kids randomly.

Anyway! I’m saying re SB - never bleeping happened! Let’s ask the school shall we, Jack? Cos a school that suspends a five year old needs reporting to Ofsted at the minimum.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
She is such a Nigella wannabe - but she gets it so wrong. All the overblown prose full of misused adjectives and words she clearly doesn’t understand. And remember that excruciatingly embarrassing Nigella cosplay video she did when she was on DKL? Not even poundshop Nigella. 😬😬

That’s a good point about having to test the recipes. Lots of those crappy scraps of paper only have a few ingredients on, so they’re not completed recipes. Is she going to test all of these in the two weeks (less than two weeks now) until deadline? Of course not. So even if she completes this by the deadline (doubtful), it’s going to be a very shoddy effort full of recipes that don’t work.

God knows what her publisher thinks watching all this unfold on SM. There’s clearly no love or care going into this book, and not even the tiniest effort to do a professional job. The publisher is going to get given a huge pile of crap full of typos with “will this do?” written on the front. Jack shows such contempt for her readership and the publisher.
She doesn’t care whether they work, (they don’t) all she cares about is the filthy lucre. If people waste precious money and time on her slop is of no interest whatsoever

Reactions: 24
I can't read the article, can anyone put it on here?
Although even without reading I think that I may possibly be able to guess at a few bingo phrases.
Soul, mate!! I will bet you a grand that she’s not said a single thing you haven’t already heard a hundred times.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

No ducking way. Five year olds do not get suspended unless they’re wrecking the joint on a day to day basis, and they have to make some kind of assessment on how to move forward. Kids in reception/Y1 don’t get suspended for hitting. They just don’t.

My kids’ school is really hardcore with the discipline, and my youngest was extremely handsy until Y2 (obviously we did lots of work on it). Never once was mine suspended. I work with children/families. All sorts goes on. As for primary children being suspended, I think I’ve come across it once in ten plus years, and the behaviour was v extreme and all kinds of interventions and crisis meetings were held.

Just for context, my child was struggling with speech/communication, hence the punchy vibes. He also was always physically hurt/provoked first. The main issue was that he was supposed to tell the teacher someone else had hurt him, rather than lash out, not than that he was attacking other kids randomly.

Anyway! I’m saying re SB - never bleeping happened! Let’s ask the school shall we, Jack? Cos a school that suspends a five year old needs reporting to Ofsted at the minimum.
It's particularly convenient (and sick) that she says he can't remember it...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
So that article is from today? Does no one in journalism google and realise this has been done several times in several papers, or even the same paper. God it’s so dull - does she never get bored of talking about herself*
*of course not

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Is she really that bleeping thick or just cruel? A lot of parents and teachers at her son's school are going to read this crappy article.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

100% agree. The local authority keep track of exclusions. The reason and details about the young person get reported. There will be someone in charge of monitoring exclusions and they would be straight on the phone to the school if they excluded a 5 year old. Plus there is paperwork that goes with every exclusion that gives details of how to complain if the school has made a mistake. Don’t know why I’m writing this- never happened mate.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Also, as if her son would have a problem with her sexuality! I’d be very concerned if he did, especially in this day and age in the UK, where you can access gay culture and it’s just a normal part of people. There are still arseholes who will be nasty, but legally and culturally it is completely (for me and my circle) bloody normal. My kids wouldn’t give two shits.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
“I am extraordinarily secure...in my identity,” she said.

You what, love??
Indeed, which one? There are so many that are picked up when they will get her attention and then immediately dropped and forgotten about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Thanks x
Same tit different article then.
Can you imagine having nothing new to talk about in over ten years?
She's just so boring.
I don't understand why none of these so-called journalists are asking about what she's done with Rashford / FSM / literally anything which happened less than a decade ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.