Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's astonishing. At this stage you should just be checking through your ms. I do wonder how much patience and indulgence her editor and agent are going to be willing to extend. Is she that much of a cash cow for them? There's also I think this weird implied threat to her doing all of this so publicly and with her squiggles saying "go girl" and "you got this" (ugh!) . If she were to post "ah bad news my editor said they have missed the publication window and due to my not meeting my contractual obligations the book is cancelled" they know they can look forward to her wailing about her starving son and setting her mad mob on them.
Exactly. Her agent and publisher seem to be showing the kind of forbearance in respect of Jack's lateness/lack of professionalism that really should only be shown to some actually famous writer/literary superstar. So weird.

Exactly. Her agent and publisher seem to be showing the kind of forbearance in respect of Jack's lateness/lack of professionalism that really should only be shown to some actually famous writer/literary superstar. So weird.
ETA: of course, we've only Jack's word on when the deadline is. And she's never been known to exaggerate or embellish before.

Reactions: 34
ETA: of course, we've only Jack's word on when the deadline is. And she's never been known to exaggerate or embellish before.
It's just that according to her, the deadline was the end of September 2020 (I think). Then the end of January. Now the end of February. And it seems unlikely she'll make this one.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Re the lip fillers, I had 0.55ml and it barely did anything. She’s had AT LEAST 1 ml.

And she’s having them topped up really regularly by the looks of it too.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I think they've given up on the book.

I don't think it will ever see the light of day, and this is all a performance for the benefit of squiggles.

It's been gone from her twitter bio for a while now and I haven't seen mention of it in any of her recent articles or appearances - has she?

It's quite clear from her social media activity that the book is not getting worked on. Most of the recipes supposedly going into it are already on her site. The ones that are 70% in her head aren't fit for publication - they haven't been tested.

(Just to note also that she shared a crowdfunder recently which is to help a disabled person with a house deposit.)

Call me cynical, but this is all part of the game. Who would honestly be posting lightheartedly about pringles when they have a book already well overdue that is is no fit state for submission?

Nah, I think the book is not happening. Neither this nor the poverty tome.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Do you think they tell her a much earlier time so she can think she’s over her deadline but really everything is on schedule? Like that friend who will always be an hour late so you say 9pm even if it’s 8pm?

ETA. I no longer have friends like that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I think they've given up on the book.

I don't think it will ever see the light of day, and this is all a performance for the benefit of squiggles.

It's been gone from her twitter bio for a while now and I haven't seen mention of it in any of her recent articles or appearances - has she?

It's quite clear from her social media activity that the book is not getting worked on. Most of the recipes supposedly going into it are already on her site. The ones that are 70% in her head aren't fit for publication - they haven't been tested.

(Just to note also that she shared a crowdfunder recently which is to help a disabled person with a house deposit.)

Call me cynical, but this is all part of the game. Who would honestly be posting lightheartedly about pringles when they have a book already well overdue that is is no fit state for submission?

Nah, I think the book is not happening. Neither this nor the poverty tome.
Who are her publishers? I have a few contacts in this field 🔺 and could do a bit of digging...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Maybe she's right then and he didn't actually say she was allergic? Just that she was sensitive to them?

Ah screw it I don't actually care. Happy Friday lovelies 😊
But if she is telling the truth in this instance, that means she wailed and moaned at the doctor about having to temporarily cut out a few food groups which reflects even more badly on her!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I do wonder if this media blitz she's been doing over the last couple of weeks is in order to drive down tattle from its fairly prominent position on any search results page.

I mean, usually the podcasts and the Telegraph article etc would be timed around an event, like the publication of a book, right? Are they going to want to do it all again when Book Seven finally sees the light of day?
Aarrrgh, good spot, maybe these were pre booked for her book 🤔 but having missed her September deadline.......

Reactions: 29
She has a remarkably inflated view of herself doesn’t she. She seems to assume that, of course, she’d be on telly and swept to superstardom, if only she had not backed out.
Well, I’ve heard you sing Jack (those toe-curling videos and the Billy Bragg fiasco), and all I will say on this is that you are completely deluded.
She would have just been one of the thousands of forgotten also-rans, who get through to the judges audition stage (there are many auditions before you even get seen by the famous judging panel), maybe one round further, and that's it. She definitely has that malleable, desperate personality that reality TV producers love, because they're easy to manipulate.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I feel a bit sorry for the robots guy - there I said it. He hasn’t done anything wrong apart from draw his robot creature things and interact with Jack. I’d be a bit miffed if I drew robot creature things and tried to get Viggo Mortensen to retweet me over and over and ended up being called saaa-aaad for it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.