Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get the idea of wanting to show JM talked bollocks, but let's not fall into the 'you look(ed) great, so you can't be struggling financially/physically' trap. Not because of JM, but because so many put in loads of effort and energy in public not wanting to show their pain/problems.
I don't think that's what anyone is doing here (certainly not my intention) but Jack has claimed that after the birth of her son she lived in extreme poverty, was starving, homeless for years blah de blah and there is clear evidence that she wasn't 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I get the idea of wanting to show JM talked bollocks, but let's not fall into the 'you look(ed) great, so you can't be struggling financially/physically' trap. Not because of JM, but because so many put in loads of effort and energy in public not wanting to show their pain/problems.
I was specifically disproving her claim that she couldn't afford to go to the hairdressers, instead scraping her hair back in an alice band and telling her friends she was growing it out. Throughout 2012 and 2013, photos show her hair is consistently short and well-groomed.

She also claims that she was so starving that her bones were jutting out through two jumpers, and also that she had few nice clothes. Also that she was all alone in the world, with no one to talk to except the bailiffs hammering on her door. This is graphic proof that she was lying about it all.

It's Jack herself who has given the impression that she was visibly in a dire state. These stories are her own imagination of what poverty looks like; nobody here is saying that if you look good, you can't be struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I don't think that's what anyone is doing here (certainly not my intention) but Jack has claimed that after the birth of her son she lived in extreme poverty, was starving, homeless for years blah de blah and there is clear evidence that she wasn't 🤷‍♀️
Oh, I agree. JM ruins things for other people. Whether it's with her many vague ilnesses, mental health problems or her so called financial struggles in the past.

It's Jack herself who has given the impression that she was visibly in a dire state. These stories are her own imagination of what poverty looks like; nobody here is saying that if you look good, you can't be struggling.
She'll try to turn it into that though, and will use other people's stories about how they looked their best despite their situation to have another pitty party for herself (a double one, one for her imagined problems and one for how she's given a hard time about it. She'll even try to put something about her tattoos in there)

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
Oh, I agree. JM ruins things for other people. Whether it's with her many vague ilnesses, mental health problems or her so called financial struggles in the past.

She'll try to turn it into that though, and will use other people's stories about how they looked their best despite their situation to have another pitty party for herself (a double one, one for her imagined problems and one for how she's given a hard time about it. She'll even try to put something about her tattoos in there)
Absolutely this. Her lack of credibility undermines other people in myriad ways. It’s such a depressing side effect of her mistruths and misdirections.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Ive scrolled back as far as I could bare and found another potential nugget. I have never known anyone require so many ambulances or hospital trips. There’s always an additional bit of chaos aswell isn’t there, a furious man shouting at them as they got in to the ambulance 🙄

I know these are old news, but just thought I would grab the screenshots in case anyone is keeping a tally of her historic ailments/ambulance trips...If nothing else it just reinforces the sheer number of chaoses!
#sicknote.

It seems her swollen Epiglottis sorted itself fairly sharpish if she was able to text about the van wanker from the hospital.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Ive scrolled back as far as I could bare and found another potential nugget. I have never known anyone require so many ambulances or hospital trips. There’s always an additional bit of chaos aswell isn’t there, a furious man shouting at them as they got in to the ambulance 🙄

I know these are old news, but just thought I would grab the screenshots in case anyone is keeping a tally of her historic ailments/ambulance trips...If nothing else it just reinforces the sheer number of chaoses!
Calling bullshit on this. I’m a nosy cow so I just went and found this. It sounds like she was “having an allergic reaction” and from the comments, had no known trigger and had happened before. I have had a few episodes of anaphylaxis (a SEVERE allergic reaction) and, first of all, when you are literally choking on your own throat, you are NOT going to notice some random walking past giving you the finger. There’s also no bleeping way the paramedics would move you in that state, they would treat you where you are to get you stable (ie not choking) until moving you to the ambulance. Not being able to breathe is bleeping scary traumatising, especially when you don’t know the cause, and I just don’t buy this version of events.

Secondly, and I’ll admit I could be wrong on this one, but from the comments it sounds like this wasn’t the first occurrence and she had previously just been packed off home and told to get on with it. This is just not true. If you have an allergic reaction for the first time with an unknown trigger and go to A&E, you get sent home with EpiPens at the very least and told to make an appointment with the GP so you can get referred for allergy testing. And while kids often grow out of allergies, it’s uncommon for this to happen to adults, and I’m certain we would’ve heard howling and clawing about it.

Maybe I don’t know the full story but this just doesn’t add up. It’s really pissed me off tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I'm so so so SO sorry but I laughed so hard at this post. 😂

I'm sorry about your dear departed hen even if she was a murderer. ♥
Just on a quick animal welfare note!

Barbara Chickens had been separated for treatment, was on the mend but still weak and managed to escape her enclosure and the Mean Girls took their pecking order very seriously. Very sad and unfortunate. Nature can be cruel but survival of the first and all that jazz.
Kendra, cheif chicken killer, had been quiet for a few days. Been reccomended electrolyte water, warmth and tlc. Given a few days before we 'made decisions' if no improvement and she promptly dropped dead one evening whilst we were having tea 😬 Cosy in front of the fire and very peaceful.

Some fat cloves of garlic and some vegan cheese later...chef's kiss!*

*this part did not happen

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
So they've extended her again but only by a couple of weeks. Hilarious. And even knowing all this she's gone after the viggles? I just don't understand. And for the book to still be in this serial killer corkboard form.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Calling bullshit on this. I’m a nosy cow so I just went and found this. It sounds like she was “having an allergic reaction” and from the comments, had no known trigger and had happened before. I have had a few episodes of anaphylaxis (a SEVERE allergic reaction) and, first of all, when you are literally choking on your own throat, you are NOT going to notice some random walking past giving you the finger. There’s also no bleeping way the paramedics would move you in that state, they would treat you where you are to get you stable (ie not choking) until moving you to the ambulance. Not being able to breathe is bleeping scary traumatising, especially when you don’t know the cause, and I just don’t buy this version of events.

Secondly, and I’ll admit I could be wrong on this one, but from the comments it sounds like this wasn’t the first occurrence and she had previously just been packed off home and told to get on with it. This is just not true. If you have an allergic reaction for the first time with an unknown trigger and go to A&E, you get sent home with EpiPens at the very least and told to make an appointment with the GP so you can get referred for allergy testing. And while kids often grow out of allergies, it’s uncommon for this to happen to adults, and I’m certain we would’ve heard howling and clawing about it.

Maybe I don’t know the full story but this just doesn’t add up. It’s really pissed me off tbh.
She has mentioned that she carries an epipen with her everywhere she goes.
She found out couple years ago as well that she’s allergic to tomatoes and onions 🙄 and they cause mouth ulcers. Hardly mentioned since.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
She found out couple years ago as well that she’s allergic to tomatoes and onions 🙄 and they cause mouth ulcers. Hardly mentioned since.
Hahaha. #nomato went on for all of a week or two. I wonder how her epipens fare considering she allegedly can't keep track of a bank card or a key for more than a day at a time. I've had my fill of Monroe for 2021 already, honestly. It's car crash viewing though, hate myself for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Fair enough, I could be wrong then. I do remember the tomato and onion thing though and it is a bit suspicious that it never gets mentioned.

Reactions: 30
Isn’t this where she wailed at the hospital Dr ( not a lady one) that she couldn’t be allergic to tomatoes because she’s a very famous food writer ( wah wah, wah).

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Sorry if this is something that’s been addressed but this post caught my eye on one of her many facebook profiles from a few years back.... She posted a very concerning status, claiming to have had her drink spiked by a barman (and as a result can’t attend an event or something to that effect).
There are some rightfully concerned commenters underneath, asking what the outcome was (as in,“did she report the barman/take it further” like she said she would, and she hasn’t answered any of them.
I know it’s difficult to say what we would all do in that situation but I just find it odd that she’s basically accusing a barman of spiking her drink, claiming it can’t have been anyone else, yet didn’t appear to take it up with the establishment or take it further. What was the purpose of telling everyone on her facebook?! I know it’s from a few years back but the whole thing just strikes me as odd.

ETA sorry for the pics uploading back to front, tech and me are not friends x Thankspaceyou x

ETA #2 couple of other random things stood out to me too...
Walking stick - does/did she have a walking stick?
The advice - She posts a load of advice underneath her post but actually doesn’t appear to have followed one bit of it herself (ringing police/letting establishment know/seeking medical advice etc)
The friend - Who was the mystery friend, seems like someone from southend as sounds like they got a taxi back together but no trace of them on the post.

Just weird innit lads? Sorry for all the edits and ramblings, she makes my brain explode
There is so much to unpack here I don’t know where to start!

Reactions: 29
The last few threads have been 😘

The old FB posts so clearly show she's lying about her financial status. I love the toaster and grapefruit lies, because they are just so bonkers, but if she ever gets taken down, it will be because of finances.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.