Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm laughing just thinking how the NSG would react if I suggested it.

I think those of you with offspring similar age to SB should suggest it, just for a laugh
I have a SG the same age. Can just imagine her face if I suggested that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Can we talk about this "ambient bath lantern" (what) please?

Screenshot_20210219-150146_Chrome.jpg

So first up, it obviously looks tit. My mum has kept an embarrassing collection of misshapen lumps from my childhood pottery classes, and this would be right at home among them.

Secondly, the edges of those holes are probably sharp and jagged, given the way she's made them. So it's dangerous.

Thirdly, if it gets HOT when you are "handing" (sic) it, that's because it's not fit for purpose you utter loon. It's a hazard! There's a reason we don't generally put candles inside metal tins, and even I - someone whose fire service experience consists of two Tinder dates with firemen - know it.

WTF Jack, this is a new low! Come back lingreenie, all is forgiven...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Ah that's a shame. Maybe it would help to diversify platforms a bit? Repost and advertise/have a shop link on Instagram, get that cutesy stickers/planner stickers market? Do little drawing process videos or even animations on Tiktok and crosspost them to Pinterest? I know he does mugs and things in his shop - I feel like those, stickers, prints, fridge magnets and especially little plush or crochet figures are the natural route, but I know they could be expensive to get produced. Lots of videos on YouTube and skillshare about monetising art on different platforms - I'm sure he has a business plan but there might be avenues he hasn't considered. Comforting things sell well particularly at the minute. His robots aren't my thing, but I like to see people do well off their ideas
A perfect illustration of how nice we actually are as a collective 🤷🏻‍♀️ I do get Nice Guy pass-agg vibes from Smol but at least if that’s the case he can blame here for his stuff not getting much engagement, it’s what Jack does all the time😁

• Haha
Reactions: 35
So tempted to buy those pringles and take one for the team.

(I also feel a bit sorry for smol bot guy but I run a business and if something isn’t making you money, then it’s really not worth doing. I’ve also never once asked for a celeb endorsement and I have celebs as clients 😂😂😂)
We should all buy the Pringles , eat them, pose up a storm ,post and see who has the best ‘hot Pringle pout’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
So she has created a fire hazard that could burn your skin, when lighting a candle on its own would be far safer? 🧐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

View attachment 445479

So first up, it obviously looks tit. My mum has kept an embarrassing collection of misshapen lumps from my childhood pottery classes, and this would be right at home among them.

Secondly, the edges of those holes are probably sharp and jagged, given the way she's made them. So it's dangerous.

Thirdly, if it gets HOT when you are "handing" (sic) it, that's because it's not fit for purpose you utter loon. It's a hazard! There's a reason we don't generally put candles inside metal tins, and even I - someone whose fire service experience consists of two Tinder dates with firemen - know it.

Apart from needing to clean that grout, anybody got a solution for cleaning soot marks off a rented ceiling?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
1613728780870.png

Here’s the difference – what we post here is based on WHAT YOU SAY. We discuss the facts and the inconsistencies of WHAT YOU SAY! What we don’t do is tweet an angry stream of libellous insults. Did you get that at the back smolrobot?

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Why the duck would I want to fanny about with a load of jaggedy edged tins when they can just go straight in the recycling bin and get repurposed properly?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

View attachment 445479

It is on the edge of a plastic bath. (part on the tiles, part bath) I know someone whose 14 year old daughter thought she'd have a spa experience in the bath. She used metal tealight holders that got hot and melted the edge of the bath. The house was RENTED and it was costly as she lost her deposit on the property when she left.

Jack just doesn't think things through, or imagines the consequences of her stupid ideas.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 14.15.25.png

This tin can looks like it's hanging from the ceiling. Not a good look 😕

Major cringe at tagging Mel Donte in that - I hope they are learning their lesson

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Anyone else feeling like they are in the twilight zone?

Going between raging like never before about her addict comment to wondering what on earth she is doing painting tins like Stacey Solomon budget edition when she had a deadline to meet 6 months ago.

Anyway, holding out for the roadmap in 3 days time.

Maybe everything will be ok.

Or maybe she will start to make wind chimes out of the del Monte tins.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.