Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
every time she says gorgonzola semi freddo with desiccated olive and grape I can hear Alan Patridge say it in my head SO perfectly
See this is the thing, she just doesn't know food.
I like semi freddo. I like gorgonzola. I would not eat them together because they just don't go together.
Reminds me of when my youngest was at primary and fsm for all infant children was brought in by the coalition government.
It was free, so I signed up for it. However the budget was so low and the nutritional requirements were so high it made for some bizarre lunches.
My mini moo was five and she came home complaining that she had broccoli pizza for lunch.
She likes pizza. She likes broccoli. THEY JUST DON'T GO TOGETHER

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
It will happen dear Mancy. It really, really will.
And when that day comes it will be glorious.
I may even take the day off work to watch it all crumble and HMRC pick through the rubble.
Will you join me? I'll bring snacks and cocktails x
When karma gets her this cabal is gonna have a party the likes of which has never been seen before 😊

If we all haven't grown tired and bored and wandered off obviously 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
See this is the thing, she just doesn't know food.
I like semi freddo. I like gorgonzola. I would not eat them together because they just don't go together.
Reminds me of when my youngest was at primary and fsm for all infant children was brought in by the coalition government.
It was free, so I signed up for it. However the budget was so low and the nutritional requirements were so high it made for some bizarre lunches.
My mini moo was five and she came home complaining that she had broccoli pizza for lunch.
She likes pizza. She likes broccoli. THEY JUST DON'T GO TOGETHER
I work in a school and lunches are still bad, like this.

One day involves a burger , on a bun , with runner beans and sweet corn on the side.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Ah, I see we have Jack’s Mindhunter wall.
That’s so great the book’s nearly at completion.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I know it's a more sensitive issue when it comes to having children than other issues, but this kind of entitlement is half the reason I quit working in management. I had someone who worked for me buy a house 40 miles from the workplace and inform me they could now no longer afford a car so we needed to change their hours to accommodate their travel - "why didn't you think this through?" was just blasting through my head the entire time. They were astounded when they were informed that the business couldn't change its opening hours just because they didn't want to wait for a night bus.

But like Minky says - if that person had not been generally a pain in my ass and had come to me earlier, discussed the plans and given me time to come up a solution, and actually worked with me on how it could be done, things would have been totally different. You can't always just do whatever you want and expect your job to fix everything around you and it sounds a lot like she just demanded special treatment and quit in a huff when she didn't get it.
Yes 🙌
We have quite a few people like that in my department in the NHS. Seem to think it’s the NHS responsibility to accommodate them and their lives. It’s not a charity FFS. And like you say, if they were reliable and, god forbid even stepped in when there was flex on their side and others had issues, and they were a valuable member of the team everyone would be a little more willing to listen to their constant gripes.

Reactions: 49
Overworked NHS worker incorrectly filled in data on the system, so let's make them look like incompetent fools. When in actual fact, he may well have incorrectly filled in the form. The admin assistant is not medically trained and wouldn't necessarily know what the BMI should be, or even take that much notice.

It was most likely a simple mistake on data input. It is like those people that say "I got a polling card for my 3 year old child". Either you filled in the form incorrectly, or it was a data input error. What is so hilarious that it makes the front page of a newspaper?

Am I the only one that finds these sort of stories nether hilarious nor newsworthy. Of course Jack thought it was funny, it would appeal to her childish humour.
From someone who registered wrongly her year of birth on Companies House I'd expect more #bekind ness

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.