Jack Monroe #152 Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated olive and grape

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just find this so strange. I have a shaved head and tattoos- in the words of our Jackie, a masculine aesthetic, but am straight... How do you explain this one Jack?! But I wander through life pretty unbothered by comments on my appearance. How DOES she manage to cross with every individual in the country who has an issue with tattoos, short hair and traazers on a bird???
She comes across incredibly sexist, ageist etc.

I'm a tattooed lesbian with a partially shaved head and while yeah I've had some comments (mostly from people my own age), I work with loads of old people and none of them have ever so much as given me a disapproving look, one complimented my hair the other day ffs. They aren't all racist, sexist arseholes and most of them aren't easily shocked at all.

She's the one obsessed with pigeonholing people and the way she writes these encounters reads like someone looked at her funny and she came up with a retort in the shower a week later. Men can be feminine, women can be masculine, she isn't comfortable with herself is she? She wants to be shocking and edgy and she just...isn't.

ETA: And she can duck off into outer space with her reference to addicts. She's clearly never been in that position even if she likes to imply she has, it's an exhausting, demoralising, generally embarrassing experience but it doesn't define a person nor speak to their character. Just showing her real views on the subject, just like she's shown her contempt for the working class and the elderly. She's one of those people who wouldn't say a thing to your face if you had a run in with her, then a few days later you find a blog post about yourself where she delivered a scathing put-down, kicked you in the shins, and everyone clapped.

Ok I'll stop now, it's been a long day 😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
She’s lucky to live were she is for sure, but paignton ain’t posh. It’s hella scruffy- like them 😂
Jack lives in Thorpe Bay, Southend, thought that is who we were talking about. Not sure who lives in Paignton.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Anyone else feeling like they are in the twilight zone?

Going between raging like never before about her addict comment to wondering what on earth she is doing painting tins like Stacey Solomon budget edition when she had a deadline to meet 6 months ago.

Anyway, holding out for the roadmap in 3 days time.

Maybe everything will be ok.

Or maybe she will start to make wind chimes out of the del Monte tins.
Stacey Solomon is in the papers over the weekend with her household tips, that’ll piss mackie right off 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Oh @essexgirl101 where art thou?
So many queries, questions needing answers and fuel to our mission to ‘understand’ our dearest Jack (she,they,mum,daughter,foodbank user, poverty guru, nonlipfiller, NON WHEELCHAIR using’ friend 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Where does she get the idea that plastic squash bottles are single use? They are recyclable in every area of the UK.

Single use means that the plastic is non recyclable and needs to be disposed of in landfill, such as food wrapping and disposable razors. She doesn't understand the meaning of single use plastic, does she? #ecowarriorjackshacks
That reminds me I have got a spare empty orange Robinsons bottle, do I send to her or her agent, or is it only grapefruit?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I'm genuinely flabbergasted by the tin can repurposing. It's gone past hilarious and is now just concerning 😂. This cannot be what Del Monte had in mind. Is she trying to kill two birds with one stone by filling up the home decor part of the hacks book but also acting like they are Del Monte tins? IE she's trying to get the bleeping book finished but DM are waiting for a half decent recipe 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She lives near the sea, a short walk to the shoreline. If that were me, I would be there daily, rain or shine, blow away the cobwebs. What is the point of living in a posh area on the coast to only ever leave the house to go to ASDA?
When we chat at home about winning the Euro millions 🤣 we don’t talk about the pad on the French Riviera or Barbados. We’ll buy a house on the coast in Pembroke or Northumberland because we love the beach and seasons all year round.

Living on the coast is one of my lifelong dreams , I’d be there every day if I could.

She’s so unaware of how well she lives it’s nauseating.

Oh @essexgirl101 where art thou?
So many queries, questions needing answers and fuel to our mission to ‘understand’ our dearest Jack (she,they,mum,daughter,foodbank user, poverty guru, nonlipfiller, NON WHEELCHAIR using’ friend 🤩
calling @essexgirl101. Stat!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack lives in Thorpe Bay, Southend, thought that is who we were talking about. Not sure who lives in Paignton.
Oops, mixed up with PTWM- wrong thread as I follow both! Perhaps mods can delete?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
28K viggle has just had spaghhettis hoops (13p from Tesco). Looks like she simply decanted them from the tin and heated them up before putting them on the plate. 😲 Does she know no shame? :D

ETA
Really hope she's spamming the Hoopmeister.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
kids' shows

Firefighter Jack
The Dumping Bungalow
Count Duckpoutula
Jack and Coopsy in Da Bungalow
Bananajack

I don't know what I'm doing anymore 😖

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
She comes across incredibly sexist, ageist etc.

I'm a tattooed lesbian with a partially shaved head and while yeah I've had some comments (mostly from people my own age), I work with loads of old people and none of them have ever so much as given me a disapproving look, one complimented my hair the other day ffs. They aren't all racist, sexist arseholes and most of them aren't easily shocked at all.

She's the one obsessed with pigeonholing people and the way she writes these encounters reads like someone looked at her funny and she came up with a retort in the shower a week later. Men can be feminine, women can be masculine, she isn't comfortable with herself is she? She wants to be shocking and edgy and she just...isn't.

ETA: And she can duck off into outer space with her reference to addicts. She's clearly never been in that position even if she likes to imply she has, it's an exhausting, demoralising, generally embarrassing experience but it doesn't define a person nor speak to their character. Just showing her real views on the subject, just like she's shown her contempt for the working class and the elderly. She's one of those people who wouldn't say a thing to your face if you had a run in with her, then a few days later you find a blog post about yourself where she delivered a scathing put-down, kicked you in the shins, and everyone clapped.

Ok I'll stop now, it's been a long day 😅
I couldn't agree more. Most of us oldies lived through the 60's and 70's as teenagers. We know a thing or two about pushing boundaries and being edgy. She thinks that tattoos, short hair and traaaazzzers on a girl are some sort of anti establishment stance. Punk was huge in the 70's, now that was non conforming and boundary pushing. She is so conventional that it is embarrassing. She loves to think she is some sort of radical, rebellious dissident. In reality she just latches on to whatever trend is fashionable, her style is not unique or ground breaking and is, quite frankly, boring.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
I know we've moved on from the smol robots/Jack anti-cabal tweet interaction but I was BUSY and have only just got here. The one accusation I will concede is being a bored (but not vicious) tosser. I would liken coming here to going to the pub with your mates except you don't have to turn up at any specific time, you can leave whenever you like and if you just want to sit in a corner and laugh at everyone else's jokes or agree with the points people make, it's not weird to do that. It's not a weird shadowy faction that you have to commit a blood sacrifice to join and dance naked around in a circle at the full moon. I'm also certainly not going to dissolve into fits of weeping and clawing my carpets up because some guy with a fragile ego, lack of critical thinking and a giant void where his sense of humour ought to be doesn't think we're funny.

Anyway, back to our Lady of Slop: Bodybuilding/weightlifting Jack is back! My favourite incarnation of all. Please show us your training program, does it involve Del Monte tins? Can you bench press the entire monarchy yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 99
When we chat at home about winning the Euro millions 🤣 we don’t talk about the pad on the French Riviera or Barbados. We’ll buy a house on the coast in Pembroke or Northumberland because we love the beach and seasons all year round.

Living on the coast is one of my lifelong dreams , I’d be there every day if I could.

She’s so unaware of how well she lives it’s nauseating.

calling @essexgirl101. Stat!
Am so with you on loving the sea in all seasons, I'll happily visit the coast all year round. My husband, not quite so enthusiastic when I drag him out on a freezing day in January, but I love it.

She's very privileged to live where she does, and have all she does. Yet all she can do is whinge and complain all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
More titles for the kids show.

I can't paint
I did chaos.

God I could go on forever but you know Busy.

I know there's covid an all but she does know you can go outside for a walk. Why does she keep herself locked up all day in a stuffy house.
SlackerJack

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.